Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2012 10:54:51 PM EDT
Had a relative that had some serious health issues over the past few year, got kinda better, but over all still going down hill...so about a few months ago he gets a "powered parachute" or "powered powersail" so the other day he takes it out to fly around and he crashes into some trees and that resulted in killing him.

mom and i talked about this when he got the machine, and we both had a feeling this is how he was going to die.

RIP spencer.

http://www.ktre.com/story/17254892/garrison-man-identified-in-parachuting-accident

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 11:05:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Man, I would rather die that way then wither away.  Still kind of odd...
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 11:05:57 PM EDT
[#2]
One of my favorite high school teacher's husbands got diagnosed with lung cancer. A few months later he was headed down to Mexico for a bucket-list fishing trip with a couple of his buddies. He collapsed in the departing terminal and just never woke up

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 11:10:11 PM EDT
[#3]
More power to you Roby.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 12:03:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 12:09:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 12:36:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Man, I would rather die that way then wither away.

I don't fear death, don't even really fear injury, been there, done that.

What I do fear is wasting away in a fucking nursing home.  Worse than prison.

For anyone who thinks otherwise, I invite you to volunteer your time at a nursing home.  God knows those poor people could use some cheering up & a kind word from time to time.

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 1:15:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

For anyone who thinks otherwise, I invite you to volunteer your time at a nursing home.  God knows those poor people could use some cheering up & a kind word from time to time.

quoted for truth!  ^^^^^^   i work in a hospital  and i will never be put in a nursing home.   i am not suicidal, but i will take my own life before i would die like that.  

don't believe me, take the word from the poster above and volunteer at one and it will open your eyes.  

S

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 2:01:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

quoted for truth!  ^^^^^^   i work in a hospital  and i will never be put in a nursing home.   i am not suicidal, but i will take my own life before i would die like that.  

don't believe me, take the word from the poster above and volunteer at one and it will open your eyes.  

S

100% agree. I did my Paramedic clinical rotation in one here and it seemed a fate worst than death.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 2:18:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Not all nursing homes are bad.  I worked in one for a couple years.

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 2:40:06 AM EDT
[#10]
One of my brothers passed away doing something on his bucket list. He was a traveler...loved to travel and see the world. On his list was a grand world tour starting in the east and going west visiting as many different countries as he could. Unfortunately his trip was cut short. He passed, unexpectedly, in his sleep in Kathmandu Nepal. From his writings, he loved it there. Apparently he had picked up some sort of soil-born illness somewhere in Southeast Asia that he didn't realize he had.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 2:47:28 AM EDT
[#11]
anyone who has a BUCKET LIST watches too many movies. before that came out no one had a BUCKET LIST.  latch on to the next key word some Hollywood writer comes up with   what a complete bunch of sheep
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 2:53:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
anyone who has a BUCKET LIST watches too many movies. before that came out no one had a BUCKET LIST.  latch on to the next key word some Hollywood writer comes up with   what a complete bunch of sheep

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 2:55:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If you didn't hear the term "bucket list" before the movie, you need to get out of your mom's basement a bit more. Its been around about as long as the saying, "to kick the bucket"
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 2:56:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Yeah, fuck people who think about the future and have a list of things they would like to do while still alive. Fuck'em! They're asshole sheep every damn one of them.

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 3:10:20 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Yeah, fuck people who think about the future and have a list of things they would like to do while still alive. Fuck'em! They're asshole sheep every damn one of them.

Dreams and Goals are fo suckas.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top