Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2001 12:42:53 PM EDT
I have been looking to get Trijicon Reflex II and am wondering what reticle to get.  The 12.4moa triangle, the 6.5moa dot, or the 4.5moa dot?  The 12.4 would sure be nice for indoor and close range situations but can you hit anything accuratly at say 100-200 yards?  By accurate, I mean as well or better then iron sights.  Also, do you recommend getting the polarizing filter and "flash kill" shade?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 12:57:30 PM EDT
[#1]
12.5 triangle definitly-good for close range  hosing-you put the triangle on torso and give'em a couple...For long range 200use the point of the triangle-if you compare it to iron sights that point of the triangle is smaller than your front sight...i think i have the polarizing feature but i do not darken at all. i may even have taken it off-i think i did...As far as the killflash goes i got one of those in a box somewhere.  i guess if i were sitting on a hillside getting ready to blow you away i might want one but for general range playing around and 3 gun competition it is like putting a polarizing filter on and darkening it up.  it cuts out too much light for me.  mine came on an aimpoint i bought over one of the forums-it looks cool but has no practical value to recreational shooter...Dick
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 1:10:42 PM EDT
[#2]
12.5 triangle, by far.

Polarizing filter is included, but not needed 90% of the time.

I've shot it out to 500 meters.
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 1:33:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Well lets see -

I was able to get 4" groups at 100 yds with my reflex II with 12.5 triangle.

Oh, did I mention I was using a .40 S&W Oly AR upper with 11.5" barrel????

[:D]

Link Posted: 4/3/2001 3:42:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Triangle gets a thumbs up. I tried a dot, but had a really hard time seeing and keeping it on target. Got the triangle and shoot better with it than with just about any iron site. The only problem, so far, is my polarizing filter has become somewhat loose and will rotate somewhat freely darkening or lightening on its own. I'm going to contact Trijicon and see how they respond.    

BMB
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 5:36:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I think that it's unanimuous, the 12.5 MOA triangular recticle wins!  I put one on my CAR-15 and love it.  Accuracy at longer distances, point shooting and night time accuracy as well.  What else could you ask for at this price?  I had a dot recticle reflex on a Bushmaster V-Match Carbine a year ago and it was nice, but not as accurate as the triangular recticle that I have now.

[sniper]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top