Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2001 11:53:01 AM EDT
I've read more than a few of the responses in regard to some of the subject threads regarding this new situation with China.  I'm surprised to find that many people seem to not be too angry with the behavior of the Chinese government.  Of course many are angry as well... and rightfully so.  My anger with China does not start with this "incident."  In general, the Chinese government is belligerant as all hell.  They consistantly act in a manner that disregards any semblance of diplomatic courtesy.  I think a big part of that has to do with the fact that for the past 8 years, the clinton administration basically bent over and let the chinese screw us in the arse!  This situation now is just the next step towards open disrespect aimed at the U.S.  Frankly, I'm shocked that these people refuse to release our service men and women... I mean, heck, we aren't at war with them!  Furthermore, those damn Chinese are pulling that plane apart right now and getting more classified technological info. than they could in years of spying and espionage, which by the way is another thing that really pisses me off.  Bush better put up or shut up.  I voted for this guy because I thought he would stand up to fools like the PRC.  What the heck is he waiting for?  To me, this situation is just outrageous!
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 11:58:55 AM EDT
[#1]
alert! alert!  catch & return Scipio back to vault. he must be reprogrammed. the government has spoken that is all.
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 12:02:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
My anger with China does not start with this "incident."  In general, the Chinese government is belligerant as all hell.  They consistantly act in a manner that disregards any semblance of diplomatic courtesy.  !
View Quote

In order to understand China today, you have to recognize one simple fact - China does not have a government, at least in the sense that Americans think of gov't.

The military runs China. The military determines Chinas policy. As such, anything that enhances Chinas military is good and right, and anything that hampers the military must be destroyed.

that is why China is a diplomatic as a bull in a china shop (no pun intended)

China exists to destroy the USA (at least the USA that our Grandfathers gave us). Learn that, and you will understand China.
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 12:12:12 PM EDT
[#3]
China is getting out of hand.  I'm pissed as hell at China.  I hope that if they don't return our soldiers soon that the US makes them pay with a little[frag] followed by some [sniper] folowed by [rocket] (sorry - couldn't resist the animation!)
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 2:40:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Scipio, makes a good point. We are not at war with China, yet they force our plane out of intl. air space into their air space and then use that as an excuse to make it land. Is this not the sort of acts we saw in the Cold War? If so, let's admit we are in the midst of a Cold Way with China and treat them in the same manner as we did the USSR at that time.

So, no Chinese goods, no technology tranfers, no 2008 Olympics in China, no WTO membership, no Chinese students in the US.

To me, it sounds like a de-facto Cold War. Am I wrong?
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 2:45:27 PM EDT
[#5]
this is all about preventing the sale of weapons and technology to Taiwan. The whole event was timed and calculated to acheive this goal. Why do they think that such an act will succeed? Because it has worked in the past.
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 2:47:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Personally, I have never seen any real difference between China and the USSR.  Maybe somebody can enlighten me?

I think they should be treated as the militaristic, offensive, communist country they are.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top