Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/7/2002 1:39:44 PM EDT
OK, If this computer probelem can be fixed, someone here will know how-

This morning at work I just deleted some very valuable Zip disk contents because I am too stupid to tell which drive I am dealing with (meant to delete a floppy) - the contents did not go to the recycle bin.

Is there any way to recover this data or am I screwed?

OS is Windows 2000, I do have the means to gain administrator access in case that might help.

I HATE MONDAYS!!!
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 1:47:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
OK, If this computer probelem can be fixed, someone here will know how-

This morning at work I just deleted some very valuable Zip disk contents because I am too stupid to tell which drive I am dealing with (meant to delete a floppy) - the contents did not go to the recycle bin.

Is there any way to recover this data or am I screwed?

OS is Windows 2000, I do have the means to gain administrator access in case that might help.

I HATE MONDAYS!!!
View Quote

First, [b]don't do anything on that disk[/b]!  Hold on a sec, let me try to scrounge up some software...
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 1:51:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 1:56:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I've gotta go change out of these sweaty PT's, shower, and head to the motor pool -

If any of you computer gurus can hook me up, use this e-mail address:

*e-mail deleted for likely obvious reasons*

This week is not starting out well at all...

Adam
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 3:29:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I would not even boot that computer, or try to access e-mail from it.

I'm no expert, but in cases like this, don't you need to boot from a floppy that includes your utility to recover the file(s)?  Hope your bios is set to boot first from A:

Do you have someone in the military stateside who could get you some recovery software?

There might be technology export restrictions on such software and we wouldn't want to have a problem for trying to help you.

What unit are you in?
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 2:24:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Hi all -

I just wanted to take this time to publicly thank fizassist for helping me recover the data I deleted yesterday morning - all 43 megs of it.

He definitely went way above the call of duty due to the problems I had with downloading, installing, and later running the software. I think he was replying to my e-mail way past his bedtime.

Why can't tech support people be so helpful? (I know the answer - that question is rhetorical)

Shadowblade - Easy recovery pro is indeed what fizassist hooked me up with - we had a few snags but as of 1245 KST today my data was recovered. Thanks for the offer of help though.

I also received an e-mail from another guy that was helping as well - didn't give his screen name though.

The support was tremendous.

prk: import restrictions do not apply for personal use things under the SOFA between the  US and ROK. That is why the PX here can continue ripping off soldiers with poor quality products and service, just like back home.

One last thing,
For those of you who may be wondering, I fully intent to join now that I seem to have access to this board again. This latest experience has convinced me that this is one community worth contributing to.

Adam
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 4:14:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Adam,

I haven't seen your order for the 2002 LEGP yet, and was wondering if you were wanting to get one while they are still available..?

If so, then go to [url]www.castle-arms.com[/url].  They will only be available for a few more days!
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 4:40:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Adam,

I haven't seen your order for the 2002 LEGP yet, and was wondering if you were wanting to get one while they are still available..?

If so, then go to [url]www.castle-arms.com[/url].  They will only be available for a few more days!
View Quote

OK, you twisted my arm [:)]. Can I assume you will baby sit this one for me as well?

Two questions:

1) - can I get the shipping refunded?

2) - I forgot my old number - can you look it up for me so I can get the same one?

I was afraid coming back to this website would get expensive!

Adam
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top