Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/7/2002 10:48:33 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 10:52:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 11:01:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey man, that sounds just like one of those stupid polls the NRA-ILA sends out a couple of times a year. I kept reading all of that and I was just waiting for the part where they ask you for money. Thanks for not disappointing!
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 11:08:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd take an obnoxious red pen and mark "None of this is as important as the Second Amendment."

Then again, let me say this.  Bush is as pro-gun as a president can be in this day and time.  The problem is he cannot be as openly pro-gun as he was while Governor of Texas.  His justice department has acknowledged that the Second Amendment is not only important, but a fundamental right of the CITIZENS!  Would you ever have seen that in a John McCain Republican Administration?  Would you have seen it in a Gore Administration?

And for those who get all bent out of shape because of the fact that Emerson didn't make it to SCOTUS or that Bush says he'll sign a new AW ban if it's presented to him, let me say this.

Emerson would not have been the ideal 2nd Amendment case to have presented to SCOTUS, and had it been, it's likely "we" would have lost.  And I'm convinced the AW ban talk is lip service.  If the current trend is to stay as far away from gun control as a political agenda continues, we likely won't be seeing new AW ban.  However, be very aware of what the anti-gunners are doing at the city/state level.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 11:44:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 4:45:25 PM EDT
[#5]
He will need the votes from both sides to get reelected he`ll sign it! have you ever seen gun laws go away? Not much difference in either party any more  and thats a sorry state arm up and load up the days coming fast
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 5:40:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hey man, that sounds just like one of those stupid polls the NRA-ILA sends out a couple of times a year. I kept reading all of that and I was just waiting for the part where they ask you for money. Thanks for not disappointing!
View Quote

Exactly.

I've often said that if the NRA stopped sending out those stupid polls every week, they would save enough money to do something REALLY effective like ad campaigns, etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top