Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2002 12:54:00 AM EDT
If your having trouble getting to the other training missions even after completeing the marksmanship qualification and putting in your user and pass.. goto [url]http://www.americasarmy.com[/url] and change your PASS to LESS than 8 characters!  NO MORE THAN (8) EIGHT!.. It should work for you then.. I had this problem and just now found the solution..
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 1:53:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Took me 7 minutes at 300k per sec- gotta love cable
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 4:01:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey, is anyone else having massive problems qualifying?  I can only BARELY qualify, I get 22 (failing) or 23 (barely passing) 90% of the time, the other 10% I fail miserably.  Its mostly due to the odd speed for the mouse movement (no slider anywhere to change it).  I really want to go to sniper school...

Kharn
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 4:52:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Kharn, you can manually edit the configuration file for the game to change your mouse sensitivity.  I can't give you the exact path to the file at the moment, because this computer doesn't have the game installed, but just muck around in the installation dir until you find a file called config.cfg or something like that.  Open it in Notepad, and near the bottom you should find a setting for mouse sensitivity.  

Changing it doesn't help much.  Just practice, practice, practice.  I managed to shoot 35/40, but I'm still trying for Expert before I submit any results.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 5:03:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Is it a squad control game or just one character to control like Unreal?
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 6:50:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Qualifing sux.
I understand the addition of breathing to the game, but in real life, you control your breathing, not someone else. ANYWAY, I got past Qual but I'm stuck trying to get into the mout stage... [:(]
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 9:32:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Kharn maybe your not using ZOOM.. to bring the sights up.. Press Z for default to bring them up and its much easier to get sharpshooter (30)  my best is 38/40
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 10:20:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I for the life of me can't get expert.

I found that the breathing in and out of zoom  has a flaw in it that allowing me not pull off as good as a score as I can.

When quickly going in and out of zoom, the breathing is inconsistant, you'll hear him breathing quickly out then quickly in, its really weird.

Anyways it throws me off to the point where it effects my aiming at those silouettes 300m while standing.

Thanks for the tip Vermilion
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 10:32:37 AM EDT
[#8]
All full..
Wants to sell me a CD...
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 10:36:43 AM EDT
[#9]
no prob..
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 11:22:31 AM EDT
[#10]
The Rangemaster blew the whistle on me when I turned around and sent some 5.56 his way. Had to start over
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 11:26:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Is it a squad control game or just one character to control like Unreal?
View Quote

It is similar to counterstrike or Firearms.  Your team has certain objectives.  I had no trouble getting through qualifying.  Had trouble joining servers till someone on the board suggested hitting F3 after it says you are not qualified to play this level.  That being said it sucks getting picked off two minutes into the round from somebody on a hill and all you can see is the flash of their gun.  I was spending a lot of time sitting around for next round to start.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 11:55:38 AM EDT
[#12]
As for qualifying, it's best to just try things out at first. Don't worry about perfection. You can send in your data to their servers as many times as you want. Also, adjust your firewalls and proxy server software accordingly. I had to temporarily turn off my "Proximotron" because the multiplayer uses Internet Explorer to log in and it needs a real connection to your web browser. I have a sharp shooter rating so far, as I get used to the game I may go back and requalify for better ratings.

Practice lightly clicking the mouse without moving the rest of the mouse. I adjusted my mouse speed in the control panels. Maybe a later patched version will include mouse sensitivity controls within the game.

The more that I play, the more I like it. It is very realistic. Crawling, taking cover and your enemies sight picture is often nothing but a tiny moving shape or muzzle flash.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 1:36:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I qualified expert with 37 of 40.  I hadn't heard about he name thing though.  I was told that all authorization servers were down.  If your having trouble playing over gamespy try searching and putting in the ip address.  To do this open the console at game start by pressing ` or the key left of 1.  Then type open 232.333.33.333, etc.  There is a bridge map open now at 24.154.151.189.  Only a few there.  
Bill3508
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 2:29:12 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a problem, and no one answers questions at the America's Army website.  When I try to run the game, it says:

Direct3DCreate8 failed.

History: CreateDirect3D <- UD3DRenderDevice::Init <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

Anyone know what that means?
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 3:16:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I have a problem, and no one answers questions at the America's Army website.  When I try to run the game, it says:

Direct3DCreate8 failed.

History: CreateDirect3D <- UD3DRenderDevice::Init <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

Anyone know what that means?
View Quote

Yep, download directx 8.1 from download.com and update your graphics card drivers

Keving67
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 3:18:22 PM EDT
[#16]
After qualifying, I go to MOUT training and it kicks me back to the start screen.  Do I have to play MOUT on the net or is it built in to the game?

Keving67
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 7:30:57 PM EDT
[#17]
OK, now the game works. . .for a few minutes.  Now, every time I get into the game, the guy tells about the training mission, and then the game freezes, and I have to restart the computer.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 7:54:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The Rangemaster blew the whistle on me when I turned around and sent some 5.56 his way. Had to start over
View Quote

he should have tossed your tratoris ass in the pokey! [;)]
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 8:35:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
After qualifying, I go to MOUT training and it kicks me back to the start screen.  Do I have to play MOUT on the net or is it built in to the game?

Keving67
View Quote

Mout is a Online Human VS Human. thou it doesnt always qual you if you win. very annoying considering MOUT servers are hard to find.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 8:42:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Just edit the save game file to get beyond the GAY MOUT course.

Honestly, the MOUT course gets really rediculous after about the 5th time playing it without qualifying.   It's a rather annoying feature if you get into a game where it's nothing but a bunch of lone wolfs on your team and you have no teamwork to cover your six or give you cover fire.

Somebody posted a link the other day for the site that showed how to edit the save game, go into the Army Operations folder wherever you have it installed, go into the System folder then go into the Save folder.   Under the name for your character open in notepad, you'll see a whole row of numbers with commas seperating them, on the third number from the left change it from a 0 to a 1.   That should clear you from MOUT training, helps for those who have had an ever loving pain trying to find a MOUT server to join.    If it doesn't work, just go back into the save file and change it from a 1 back into a 0.

It did work for me too, got sick of the MOUT crap after about the 7th game without any notice of passing or any recognition for my efforts.  Can you say, "poor documentation"?   Forums are so slow at the America's Army site that it's a pain to go looking for info there.

After the edit I was able to join up with another game/map no problem.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top