Link Posted: 7/7/2002 12:18:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 10:34:50 AM EDT
[#2]
VERY good movie!!
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 10:41:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Very good movie!

True story as well. I can't believe Crowe lost to Washington over best actor...
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 10:42:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Very good movie!

True story as well. I can't believe Crowe lost to Washington over best actor...
View Quote

That was probably a race thing.

Link Posted: 7/7/2002 10:44:16 AM EDT
[#5]
My work pard said it was a good movie also. But when I read the back of the video box and look at the title, it sure don't sound like a movie I would like.

I'll have to give it a try now. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 10:50:11 AM EDT
[#6]
It wasn't what I thought.
I guess I really didn't know what it was about when I rented it but I thought it mostly sucked.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 10:54:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 11:02:01 AM EDT
[#8]
I thought it was pretty good, but I wished the whole secret government thing had been true, it would have been more interesting...
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 4:07:52 PM EDT
[#9]
this has some info on Nash Equilibrium
[url]http://www.cse.buffalo.edu/~sbraynov/e-commerce/lectures/lecture20_pdf.pdf[/url]

we learned a little about it in my E-Commerce class. Then when I saw the movie and he started describing it in the bar I realized that I knew a little about who the movie was about
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 6:29:48 AM EDT
[#10]
in typical Hollywood fashion, they left out some aspects of his life that are fact:

1. Alicia and Dr. Nash divorced after three years of Nash's schizophrenia.

2. Nash's son (John jr.) eventually developed the same disease Dr. Nash had.

3. They remarried in the spring of 2001 after being divorced for 38 years.

i too enjoyed the movie, actually got a bit emotional (just a bit), and decided to read more about the person, his wife and his Game Theory. very interesting.

two thumbs up and a toe.

ALICIA      and       JOHN

[img]http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/nash/peopleevents/images/p_anash1.jpg[/img]                [img]http://www.nobel.se/economics/laureates/1994/nash.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 7:34:03 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought the awards edition which had a second DVD with more extras, Mr. Nash accepting the Nobel and interviews. Pretty cool.

I heard that something schiz's can do to help themselves is carry a walkman and listen to music. Keeps the mind busy and doesn't let the voices have center stage. Works for me too! [>:/]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 2:02:51 PM EDT
[#12]
I just got the DVD and enjoyed it very much.

You actually get to believe the Soviet bomb plot and get the rug pulled out from under you sort of like Nash did.

In reality, Nash does not remember what the actual topic of his dilusions was, so the bomb plot is made up.

Got this from the "bonus" DVD mentioned above.

Also, I never noticed that when the little girl was dancing around the pigions in the park, they never flew. Another clue that she was not real - part of his dilusion - like the fact that she never got older.

Here's a fact-filled review of the film that I found in another post (some strange stuff):
[url]www.sierratimes.com/02/01/17/rockyd.htm[/url]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top