Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2002 11:43:06 PM EDT
Just got back from the Phoenix show.  I was visiting relatives in AZ and went to the show with a cousin.  Saw Cavalry Arms - nice stuff, but I can't own it in CA [:(!].  Seeing how I was drooling over the Cav Arms stuff, my cousin offered to purchase it and keep it at his place for me, and I could use it when I visit.  I am already storing stuff at his place.  Anyway, also saw ASA, Armalite, Arizona Response Systems, lots of private party sales, Class III stuff, and what I thought were  some pretty fair deals.  Saw some DPMS ARs for $600, Rock River ARs for $650, lots of FALs, lots of nice Garands, and one Steyr Aug for $2695.  I ended up buying about 22 GI mags (stored at my cousins place).  The best deal was one GI 30 rounder in 90%+ condition for $10.  The guy (maybe a fellow AR15 member?) right in front of me bought the other 3 mags (I was like 2 minutes too late - story of my life). The other mags I got for $14 each including 5 GI mag pouches - most of them were 80%+ with 3 of them being about 30%.  Don't know if it was a good deal or not but I was happy with it.  Most of the other 30s were pretty high - saw a bunch with no finish for $25, and new ones in the bag for $35 to $45 [:0].  One thing that I saw that surprised me happened a few days ago as I was visiting relatives in Tucson - a guy was at the side of the road and he set up a table next to his van and he had a lot of GI stuff for sale; packs, sleeping bags, web gear, canteens, etc., so I pulled over to check it out.  On the table he had 6 new-looking mags for $20 each.  The first one I picked up read "for law enforcement only..." at the top corner.  When he saw me reading that, he said "that's why they're only $20, but they're pre-ban so they're legal to own."  I didn't buy them but wonder if I passed on a decent deal.  

Overall, I enjoyed the show.  It was held in 3 rooms within one building - not as big as the now-extinct Great Western Gun Show, but less junk also.  Is the show bigger other times of the year?
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 4:37:54 AM EDT
[#1]
The guy sounds like a "xnavysealgunshowvender".[rolleyes]'dem's legal to own'cause der preban!
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 8:35:56 AM EDT
[#2]
We were there and I passed up a chance to pick up an OKO holo at the Cav Arms table for $180.00 tax included...   Too darned far to go back (from Tucson) today...   Oh well...   Ya snooze ya lose...

Not a bad show but the winter show is supposed to be the biggest...
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 9:40:42 AM EDT
[#3]

Yep. [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=130132[/url]

Link Posted: 7/7/2002 6:29:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh man, I just checked the date of the winter show and it's December 6, 7, and 8.  Only problem is that I'm planning on being in AZ between Christmas and New Years.  Is there another large show in the Phoenix and/or Tucson areas?  If so, when?  Thanks
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 6:35:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Oh man, I just checked the date of the winter show and it's December 6, 7, and 8.  Only problem is that I'm planning on being in AZ between Christmas and New Years.  Is there another large show in the Phoenix and/or Tucson areas?  If so, when?  Thanks
View Quote

Nope..  Last one of the year is in Tucson on the 13th and 14th...
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 8:19:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top