User Panel

Posted: 7/6/2002 11:32:24 PM EDT
Right now on CBS.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 11:36:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Dingo.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 11:46:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Crap! I see a new thread comming..."What is the best kind of dog to have for when the SHTF?"
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 11:51:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Shorthair Aussie Shepherd, IIRC.  Dingoes tend to be a solid colour, while Aussie Shepherds usually have the heavy sprinkling of salt/pepper - especially around the shoulders.  It would have been helpful to get a closeup on the dog's face, as Aussie Shepherds also have one (or both!) blue eyes.

FFZ
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 12:06:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Australian Blue Heeler
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 12:22:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Aussie shepherd I believe. My fiance's sister has one that looks similar, but is a little lighter colored and fatter, but the markings and body shape are very similar.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 1:22:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Dingo.
View Quote

If it was a dingo it would have ate the gyrocopter dude.  Even though he was a scrawny little SOB ( The dude, not the dog ).
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 3:06:36 AM EDT
[#7]
It's an Australian Cattle Dog, also known as a Blue Heeler...cool dogs, my brother raises them and does the whole herding thing and trials. For such small dogs they can be reallllyyy ferocious..
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 4:46:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Tangeant wins.  In TX, typically called red or blue heelers, out west Queensland Heelers, but official breed name is Austrailan Cattle Dog. There's dingo in the blood line.  No dog is smarter, though border collies are a close second.

I have two, a blue heeler bitch and a male who's half border collie.  Very good with stock, mine love kids, and both are absolute badass guards around the house or in the truck. I had a friend in TX with 4 or 5; any two could drop a steer to the ground without too much sweat...pretty amazing for dogs that top out at maybe 45 pounds.  Fearless around stock.

They have a strong bond with anybody in the family...real people dogs.  An old saying is that the worst thing you can do to a cattle dog is put him in a room separate from you.

They need a LOT of exercise or boredom sets in.

Further info on [url]www.blueheeler.com[/url] or [url]cattledog.com[/url].

-hanko
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 5:28:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Mach1 said Blue Heeler but cattle dog is the official breed name.

My dog is also half heeler and half border collie and is a real handfull !! She's a lot lankier than a pure cattle dog and looks like a a blue heeler marking wise but has floppy ears.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 6:27:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Aaah, a chance to brag up my Red Heeler/German Shepherd mix.  [b]Great Mutt[/b]!
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 8:27:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Do they have a MAD MAX Box set on DVD???

Ben
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 9:24:03 AM EDT
[#12]
It's been quite a while since I've seen "Road Warrior" but I thought it was a Blue Heeler. I have a general dislike for Blue Heelers and dingo mixed dogs so I refer to all of them as "Buzzard Bait." [:D]

I bought "Mad Max" on DVD at Walmart, but I haven't seen the rest there yet. They may be available if I go to the video store and order them. But then it isn't an "impulse" buy and not as much fun. [;)]

Link Posted: 7/7/2002 9:49:37 AM EDT
[#13]
i have 2 male rott's, shtf dogs,mean, fast, bite harder than a pit bull
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 9:50:39 AM EDT
[#14]
little black rifle big black dogs
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 2:53:00 PM EDT
[#15]
[b]Crap! I see a new thread comming..."What is the best kind of dog to have for when the SHTF?"[/b]

Personally, I'm waiting for the "How to fatten your dog up so you have something to eat if the SHTF" thread.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 2:57:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Im pretty sure its a Blue Healer.

Screw the dog...I want the car!!!!

The car is a Ford 1973 "XB GT". Australian made Ford. This would be incredibly unwelcome at weddings, funerals and Bar Mitzvahs.

I really want one.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 3:12:56 PM EDT
[#17]
I hit a link somewhere for building a replica of the interceptor.  Cool ride, but an amazing amount of crap to go through to build a replica.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 3:21:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Here's the link to the Mad Max movies. It also includes pieces on how to build the cars.

[url=www.madmaxmovies.com]madmaxmovies[/url]
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 3:41:59 PM EDT
[#19]
If you get the DVD make sure you get the 2002 release(maybe the only one I don't know). It has the original Aussie voices and sounds far better than the dubbed American version.

[img]http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=doompatrol&album_id=80216&image_id=8&show=image¶m=24515[/img]
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 3:52:05 PM EDT
[#20]
they're all on dvd, not sure if they come in a set
there's even an original Australian soundtrack version of Mad Max, they dubbed it when it was released in the US

Quoted:
Do they have a MAD MAX Box set on DVD???

Ben
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 4:05:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
i have 2 male rott's, shtf dogs,mean, fast, bite harder than a pit bull
View Quote

No.
. The Pit Bull possess 1,800 psi of jaw strength. The closest other breeds in jaw strength are the Doberman Pincher and Rottweiler. They have an estimated 900 psi.

Pit Bulls are the strongest dogs alive.
The have litters of 11-14 pups.
They live to be 15-17 years old.
NO genetic defects (hips, breathing, etc..)
Perfection.

Rotties? Nice dogs.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 4:30:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Top Guard Dogs
Bull mastiff
Doberman pinscher
Rottweiler
Komondor
Puli
Giant schnauzer
German shepherd
Rhodesian Ridgeback
Kuvasz
American Staffordshire terrier

Top Watch Dogs
Rottweiler
German shepherd
Scottish terrier
West Highland white terrier
Miniature schnauzer
Yorkshire terrier
Cairn terrier
Chihuahua
Airedale terrier
Poodle (standard/miniature)

The Worst Watch Dogs
Bloodhound
Newfoundland
Saint Bernard
Basset hound
Bulldog
Old English sheepdog
Clumber spaniel
Irish wolfhound
Scottish deerhound
Pug

Coren said most of the top guard dog breeds were manipulated though breeding for strength and size.

The bull mastiff, for example, was "designed to be heavy enough to knock a man down, but still fast enough to reach him if he's running away," Coren said.

The Doberman, the breed most often found in department stores after hours, was first bred by an Austrian tax collector who wanted to create an independent guard dog. They don't need to hear a command from their masters to react.

The Rottweiler, ranked third because of its awesome jaw strength, is, pound for pound, the strongest dog there is, Coren said. He considers its jaw, with a bite strength of 2,000 pounds per square inch, a lethal weapon.

[url]http://www.apbnews.com/safetycenter/family/1999/05/17/dogs0517_01.html[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top