Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2002 3:52:46 PM EDT
To anyone interested me and some friends have been running a TFC server and we're getting a little bored with it so we're gonna start rotating between TFC, DOD and possibly CS. I know some of you are playing DOD on weekends and thats the times I'm shooting for on that mod. I've talked to ColonelKlink and he said he's interested and some others might be also, the server runs 24/7(unless there's a crash which there sometimes is, we suspect the providers tinker with it) so come in and play regardless of which mods running. Eventually when everyone gets to know each other we'll give a few people some ADMIN privilages so you'd be able to deal with any a-holes. We'll also run CSGuard or something like it. All we're lookin for is people to show up an play, the TFC action has been real slow. Hopefully we'll get all the DOD server bugs worked out this week and have it ready to play this weekend. Our sites at [url]http://216.202.36.10/[/url] just show up and sling lead.             [uzi]        [heavy]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 4:19:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 4:21:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 4:23:53 PM EDT
[#3]
They ruined DOD by taking off all the Swastikas, now its like fighting WW1 with the guns of WW2.

Not to mention the recoil isn't realistic, I don't know about you, but my body naturally returns to position after recoil.

And anyone notice that even when you hear 2 shots from the MG42, see 2 bullets gone from inventory, you have only shot 1 bullet?

REALISM...
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 4:40:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 5:00:02 PM EDT
[#5]
What about the Firearms mod for Halflife?    The update to 2.6 came out a few weeks back and a lot of things were changed out and it's worth another look for those who've played it and didn't like it in the past.   Better modeling, new recoil/accuracy dynamics, and even a new particle system.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 5:03:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I got 125 ping average, pretty good. When you put it up as the dod server more people will join.

Dod_avalanche, dod_caen2, and dod_anzio are the maps we play most.
View Quote

I guess you've answered your own question regarding server addy Colonel, I didn't see it in time I was inhaling my first real meal of the day. The server guru's still at the dragstrip but there's a possibility that it may go DOD tonite so check back. I'll see about getting those maps on rotation.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 5:05:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What about the Firearms mod for Halflife?    The update to 2.6 came out a few weeks back and a lot of things were changed out and it's worth another look for those who've played it and didn't like it in the past.   Better modeling, new recoil/accuracy dynamics, and even a new particle system.
View Quote

We're still gonna run TFC, just gonna rotate the mods to keep things interesting. Oh yeah DOD 3.0 comes out next week I think.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 5:47:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 9:22:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 1:40:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 1:45:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Damn, I should have picked up Halflife at the store.  I'm gonna go get it soon, so I can get DOD... Gotta check it out!

I'm big into MoH:AA... the expansion will be out in November or December, I think.

M@
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top