Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2002 3:31:26 PM EDT
I asked this once in a thread a long time ago, and never got to see the end of it, so here it is again.

Lets say in the future, you [b]could[/b](Not [b]WILL[/b]) know if your kid was going to be gay before he was born, and you have the choice to either get an abortion, or have the child, what do you do?

Edited for those hard of learning.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 3:33:30 PM EDT
[#1]
You cant, so why even ask it?
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 3:35:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

For the sake of discussion because one day, chance is you could come face to face with this very same question.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 3:36:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

For the sake of discussion because one day, chance is you could come face to face with this very same question.
View Quote

That is, if you buy the fag line that it's genetic, rather than a choice or learned behavior.

Link Posted: 7/6/2002 3:37:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Lets say in the future, you could know if your kid was going to be gay before he was born, and you have the choice to either get an abortion, or have the child, which do you take?
View Quote

Let's see, since:
a)  ALL unborn babies deserve the right to be born,
b)  there is [i]no proof[/i] that homosexuality is genetic,
c)  homosexual people can become straight,
d)  even if it were genetic, it does [i]not[/i] mean a person [i]must[/i] act out their homosexual urges,

it's a no-brainer.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 3:42:11 PM EDT
[#5]
The question is a "if", not a "THIS IS WHATS GOING TO HAPPEND 100% FOR SURE".

This is the future we are talking about with technology that doesn't exist yet, stop trying to apply todays unproven theories as tomorows fact.

Din't you people ever have hypothetical questions at school? And when you did, did you tell your teacher you couldn't answer because its impossible for the future to be that way?
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 3:46:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lets say in the future, you could know if your kid was going to be gay before he was born, and you have the choice to either get an abortion, or have the child, which do you take?
View Quote

Let's see, since:
a)  ALL unborn babies deserve the right to be born,
b)  there is [i]no proof[/i] that homosexuality is genetic,
c)  homosexual people can become straight,
d)  even if it were genetic, it does [i]not[/i] mean a person [i]must[/i] act out their homosexual urges,

it's a no-brainer.
View Quote

Yep! I'd wait till the kid was 18 or so, you can always abort then if you need to......
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 3:47:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Hmm.. Lets see.. if it was genetic, then eventually, the homos would die off.

BECAUSE, they would not be interested having sex with women, so therefore they could not impregnate them. Last time I checked, men cannot get pregnant....

Hang on, I'll check again...
Yup, still can't get pregnant...

It ain't gentic.. unless there are a LOT of people hiding their true sexuality, and doing women.....
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 3:51:07 PM EDT
[#8]
just wanted to get in before the lock!!

Link Posted: 7/6/2002 3:51:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

BECAUSE, they would not be interested having sex with women, so therefore they could not impregnate them. Last time I checked, men cannot get pregnate....

Yup, still can't get pregnate...

It ain't gentic.. unless there are a LOT of people hiding their true sexuality, and doing women.....
View Quote

Gay people still have kids, since some people deny the fact they are actually gay. Sometimes it might be just a random birth defect. No one is sure and this is a hypothetical question.

Why don't you go bother the makers of Star-Trek and Star Wars for being so wrong about the future and keep your "specialness" out of this thread.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 3:51:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes, I couldn't/wouldn't kill an innocent zygote/fetus/baby/person.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 3:53:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I am pro-choice, but I'd have no problem with a homosexual son or daughter.

the_reject
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 3:54:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

BECAUSE, they would not be interested having sex with women, so therefore they could not impregnate them. Last time I checked, men cannot get pregnate....

Yup, still can't get pregnate...

View Quote

Gay people still have kids, since some people deny the fact they are actually gay. Sometimes it might be just a random birth defect. No one is sure and this is a hypothetical question.

Why don't you go bother the makers of Star-Trek and Star Wars for being so wrong about the future and keep your "specialness" out of this thread.
View Quote

Who said being homosexual is a birth defect? A little biased, are we?
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 3:57:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Who said being homosexual is a birth defect? A little biased, are we?
View Quote

ITS HYPOTHETICAL.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 4:02:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Dude, take your Homocil.
[img]snltranscripts.jt.org/00/pics/00lhomocil2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 4:10:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Dude, take your Homocil.
[img]snltranscripts.jt.org/00/pics/00lhomocil2.jpg[/img]
View Quote

At one time Homosexuality was believed to be a mental illness, until the Gay community petitioned and came into the meeting of the psychiatric community, fliped over tables, ripped up papers and went wild, after that it was taken off the list of mental illness, If it had not been for that to this day it would still be regarded a mental illness.

Saying being gay [b]might[/b] be genetic doesn't make me anti-gay.

I am sorry some of you might be too stupid to even possibly believe the possibility that it might be Genetic.

I am not saying it is, I am saying it might be.

I always wondered, how does it feel living knowing the earth is flat?
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 4:29:34 PM EDT
[#16]
This is just plain StUpId!
[whacko]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 4:59:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Born gay? Did he choose in the womb?
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 5:46:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 6:15:17 PM EDT
[#19]
No way it's genetic. Back thousands of years ago when there would have been no hangups about being a gaymo they would not have reproduced. The gene would have died out unless it's a birth defect. It aint natural.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 6:42:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Ok, people, the thread isnt about if its genetic or not, its what you would do if it was and it could be found out before birth, THATS ALL.

I never said kill all fags.

I never said that IT IS GENETIC.

Put some more words in my mouth why don't you.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 6:51:11 PM EDT
[#21]
If I knew my son would grow up gay I would name him scarecrow.....since obviously he wouldn't have a brain.

Sgtar15

PS  This really is a stupid question.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 6:51:12 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

No way it's genetic. Back thousands of years ago when there would have been no hangups about being a gaymo they would not have reproduced. The gene would have died out unless it's a birth defect. It aint natural.
View Quote

The fact that they're still around even though homosexuality is an evolutionary disadvantage doesn't prove that there's no genetic factor. I know of at least one genetic disorder that kills everyone who gets it, saw a movie about it in school. By your logic, this disorder should have been wiped from the gene pool eons ago, since it prevents those that have it from reproducing. (Since it kicks in and kills those that have it at about age eight.) But it had been documented for about eighty years, which is more than one or two generations. Why?

Because it was sex-linked and recessive, and women were the carriers. Not that that would be applicable here, but the old (but true) saw about dominant/recessive genes would be. Like genes for blond hair or blue eyes, the genes that may make someone far more likely to wind up gay could lurk in a family's genetic history for an indefinate period of time without showing up. And when it does show up, it's (probably) because two carriers wound up producing a {recessive|recessive} specimen. When that person dies, those carriers {dominant|recessive} are still in the gene pool, and all other things being equal, they are just as likely to successfully reproduce as anyone else.

Or it could just be a common genetic mutation, a part of the gene pattern that "frays" easily, like vision. Back in the days of early civilization and pre-civilization, being significantly nearsighted meant your ass is dead. Yet the mutation lived on, even though it would have been a death sentence in the early days of humanity and certainly couldn't be an ADVANTAGE in any way I can see.

I just don't buy the whole line that being a queer is voluntary and that gays can be truly "straigtened out." I cannot conceieve that someone with normal heterosexual tendencies would instead choose, for no good reason, to attempt to cultivate an attraction to a gender with whom sex cannot possibly be as enjoyable, natural, or satisfying EVEN IF EVERYTHING GOES "ACCORDING TO PLAN." Especially if no desire or propensity for this existed in the first place. It's pretty goddamn hard to imagine that gays are doing this to spite people or something.

There may be no proof that it's genetically linked....yet. But there is still certainly no proof that it is NOT, regardless of how it may seem at first glance.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 6:59:43 PM EDT
[#23]
All I know is that I sure am glad there are a few good looking bi-sexual women out there!! [:P][:P][:P][:P]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 7:07:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 7:12:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 7:14:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Scarecrow,

When a thread gets this complicated, maybe you should make some REALLY insensed post and get it locked.

You know, like a mercy-killing!
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 7:31:46 PM EDT
[#27]
scarecrow just wants to start a argument.

abortion and homosexuality in the same question
why even bother??
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 7:40:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 7:59:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Argument? If I wanted a argument I would start a thread about how people let Israel steal US technology, paying their spies with US tax money and then selling it to China.

Then we'd get the usual idiot saying "All allies spy on eachother", and by saying that it ofcourse makes it alright no matter how many Americans get killed.

And ofcourse Eric would come in with his usual Israel can do no wrong, look at me I can use big words thing, and the whole thread would bring about the end of the world.

[whacko]

How much you wana bet someone is going to go off on what I just said and bring the thread from gay abortion to Israel being able to do no wrong?

BURN BABY BURN!!!!

[devil]
    [flame][flame]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 8:01:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 8:56:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
All that tripe from a a fine example of the type of people who buy leaky submarines from people who outlawed fox hunting.  [devil]
[BD]
View Quote

HEY! If it was me we would have bought Russian nuke subs.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 10:58:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Studies involving twins and siblings of homosexuals indicate that homosexuality is PARTLY influenced by genetics. For example:

* 52% of identical (monozygotic) twins of homosexual men were likewise homosexual
* 22% of fraternal (dizygotic) twins were likewise homosexual
* 11% of adoptive brothers of homosexual men were likewise homosexual

[i](J.M. Bailey and R.C. Pillard, “A genetic study of male sexual orientation,” Archives of General Psychiatry, vol. 48:1089-1096, December 1991.)[/i]

And for lesbians:

* 48% of identical (monozygotic) twins of homosexual women were likewise homosexual (lesbian)
* 16% of fraternal (dizygotic) twins were likewise homosexual
* 6% of adoptive sisters of homosexual women were likewise homosexual

[i](Bailey, J. M. and D. S. Benishay (1993), “Familial Aggregation of Female Sexual Orientation,” American Journal of Psychiatry 150(2): 272-277.)[/i]

Much like intelligence or other complexities of the human mind and human behavior, homosexuality has SOME genetic basis, but is not exclusively determined by genetics alone.

And as far as the militant extremist's efforts of the radical faggots and lesbos to erase homosexuality as a mental disease, THAT is one of the most UNDER-REPORTED aspects of this whole "gay tolerance" movement.  

The "gay rights" and "gay tolerance" movement in this country MUST be opposed tooth-and-nail because, although homosexuality is partly genetic, it is also partly "environmental".

This means that they either mistakenly choose to nurture and endulge their homosexual tendencies during their formative years or they are encouraged to do so by other homosexuals in their lives or they are victims of traumatic episodes that drastically alter and disturb their normal mental and sexual development and desires.

In short, they are mentally disturbed, diseased and/or genetically defective and accepting their "lifestyle" in our society is a threat to the very foundation of normal human relationships and families that have developed over thousands of years of civilized human history.

Homosexual behavior is a poison to human civilization just as much as "tolerating" the cannibalization of our dead relatives or "tolerating" animal necrophilia would be.

Being homosexual by genetics, choice, abuse or any combination of these is sad. Homosexuals need help in dealing with their illness or the psychological trauma they've suffered, they don't need to be pandered to and lied to by calling their abnormal desires just an "alternative lifestyle" choice.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 11:04:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 11:08:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 8:15:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Rudness is just beyound anything generic or XorY oriented, All the man asked was if it were possible to know in advance if your newborn were going to be born gay would you terminate the birth!

I Would not kill my mother either if I found out she was gay!  Nor would I want to kill you if i found out you were gay.   Now i might take my own life if after 57 years the gay bug bit me,but i don't see that happing!

Bob  [8D]
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 8:34:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 9:32:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I asked this once in a thread a long time ago, and never got to see the end of it, so here it is again.

Lets say in the future, you [b]could[/b](Not [b]WILL[/b]) know if your kid was going to be gay before he was born, and you have the choice to either get an abortion, or have the child, what do you do?

Edited for those hard of learning.
View Quote

Stupid question. No one is born "gay". Ever wonder why so many "gay" men have dated women, gotten married and had children? It's because there are no "gays", only those that choose to act on certain temptations. In the same way no one is born an adulterer. Many have the temptation and some act on it. I find it so very telling on how Chastity Bono tells in her book about being "seduced" by her mother's friend at age 13.

I had a LONG discussion about this not too long ago with a theologian friend of mine. No one is born "gay" in the same way no one is born a mass murderer.
All evidence to the contrary is anecdotal at best. And even at that I would hazard an educated guess that any "study" or "findings" released by the APA are tainted with the stain of militant liberal ideology. I posted on AW about the black woman professor who wrote the book claiming that Thomas Jefferson fathered children with slaves. But then 12 male and female, black and white, historians from Harvard, Yale and Princeton refuted her findings completely and chastised her for twisting history to fit her leftist politics. In the same way the professor who wrote the book claiming that after extensive "research" he found that firearms ownership among the people at the time of the Founding Fathers was very limited. Later, even some of his most ardent supporters had to with much embarrassment admit that he "seems" to have made up much of his "research".
So excuse me if I don't believe the liberal BS of an organization that thinks gun ownership may be a sign of a troubled psychology.

So the marxist liberal whackos who have hijacked the media, hollywood, acadamia and psychology and psychiatry (and in ever increasing amounts the health care profession) claim that if you are a conservative you are a racist, if own firearms you could be in need "of treatment", if you don't support murder of the unborn you "hate women", ect. are going to tell you that people are "born gay" and you are going to say "well than it must be so." Come now.

And isn't the same organization that is pushing this PC utter nonsense of "gay births" the same one that is slowly moving towards "tolerance" of sex with children?
Answer: Yep.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 9:56:00 PM EDT
[#38]
"I love my dead gay son!"
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 11:34:44 PM EDT
[#39]
should it really matter, it's your child.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 11:44:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top