Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2002 11:30:27 PM EDT
I was watching the movie for maybe the 8th time today when I noticed two small mistakes in it. At least I think that they're mistakes. Ok, when the second Blackhawk is shot down, and Durant is out of the cockpit, propped up against the wall with the MP5, one small snip shows him with Gordon's M4 on his lap, then, Gordon is killed, and Shugart brings him the M4. Looks like a small editing error....he had the M4 that Gordon was still shooting. The other thing, when Shugart is shooting from behind the rock pile with the M14, there's a small snip with him shooting an M-16a2. Did he ever have an M16, or was that an error? Am I crazy for noticing this? :)
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 11:40:38 PM EDT
[#1]
yes. your crazy
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 11:46:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Ill have to watch it again.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 12:05:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Shugart brought him the rifle after such event.He said"Gordies gone man,i'll be outside,good luck!Durant emptied the last of such said rifle.Before Shu bought it,and before he got the ole bonk on the head!

Snide
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 12:05:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 12:06:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Correction:After Shu bouoght it.Sue me.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 12:14:15 AM EDT
[#6]
You're right about the error where they cut to the outside and he's shooting a M14, then the cut inside and back out and he's shooting an M16, then back inside the chopper and back to him and he's shooting the M14 again.  When they both got off the plane it's clear that they each touched down with one rifle each, one M16 and one M14.  So it's definitely a continuity error.

I noticed it the first time I watched it.   There are some other errors too, but I'm not sure if they're correct or not.  In the scene where the hummer pulls up over the dune and heads to the range where the Rangers are shooting, the barrel wobbles on the mounted machine gun.  To me it looks like normal movement from coming over the dune at speed, but on imbd.org it says that it looks like the gun is just a rubber prop.  Having some experience in that area, it looks a bit too realistic and detailed to be a rubber prop.

Also in the beginning where they shoot through the hood of the jeep, it looks like he uses a M14 for the shot and then has a M16 when he's on the ground, but when he takes a shot in the plane the guy next to him has an M16 and they do look similar.  So I'm thinking that one is not a true error either.

If you watch some of the scenes where they are stalking through the alleys, you can see the fake walls move.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 12:15:19 AM EDT
[#7]
M16/ M14 switch happens at 1 hour 30minutes marker..
looks like an error cause after when he comes back to the m14 it runs out of ammo and he reloads.. no m16 in sight anywhere on the ground...
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 12:18:52 AM EDT
[#8]
at 1 hour 30 minutes 54 secs.. you clearly see both weapons on him.. then secs later.. he is handed the weapon that was just on his lap 5 secs earlier..
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 12:20:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Am I crazy for noticing this? :)
View Quote

whos crazier?
you for noticing
or the 20 guys you got running a dvd thru the laptop tring to figure it out?

[:d]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 6:39:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Am I crazy for noticing this? :)
View Quote

whos crazier?
you for noticing
or the 20 guys you got running a dvd thru the laptop tring to figure it out?

[:d]
View Quote

Sounds like you were at the HUN FARM watching with special effects added in?   That was a blast.

frisco
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top