Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2002 10:24:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 10:40:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Shadow defence secretary Bernard Jenkin
"You have to be clear you can fix this if you are going to spend £400 per rifle"
View Quote

Thats almost US$600 per rifle [i]to fix[/i], not including the original cost of procurement and earlier mods.

They could have gotten 2 M4's or M16's at Uncle Sugars price for just the cost of the fix!

Long thread about this on the General Firearms discussion page [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=129565&page=2#bottom[/url]
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 11:29:14 PM EDT
[#2]

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid24/peabbd18ae1cdf7f17c316ec243b1e619/fd923b8c.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 1:20:39 AM EDT
[#3]
You know a wicked thought just occured to me.

What if the latest problems- are because HK DID succeed in fixing the SA80!

The new malfunctions could be from the Radway Green ammo that was downloaded to protect the OLDER varient of the SA80!

Now it may only function with Hirtenburger!
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 2:05:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Let's conquer the UK now while their guns dont work.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 5:40:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Hell, send them a few thousand crates of "Tommies" and a few billion rounds of .45ACP.

BTW, is "Lend/Lease" still in effect?

Oh sorry, wrong century, decade, era..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 5:53:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hell, send them a few thousand crates of "Tommies" and a few billion rounds of .45ACP.

BTW, is "Lend/Lease" still in effect?

Oh sorry, wrong century, decade, era..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Quote

Wrong century/decade/era, but definately the right thought!  When it comes down to it, these guys are fighting along our soldiers and I'd have a hard time dealing with their weapon malfunctions killing one American GI.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 6:05:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

naw... would take too long, impossible most likely to teach them all "proper" english [}:D]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 6:07:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Posted by More_Cowbell

View Quote

I liked Cowbell's idea until I thought about for a minute.

Why bother?  All we would get would be a bunch of stuck up womenz, terrible food, lously weather, and a caputure armory where the guns don't work.  Hardly worth our trouble.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 8:00:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Dunno if you guys know or have heard, but the British military predominately (grunts) hate the SA80 rifle!!!

You can read about it in the 2002 issue of Assault weapon digest.  Also Guns and Rifles by Ian Hogg (who is a brit himself).  Both articles in those books state how many British soldiers claim that the aquisition of the SA80 was really "criminal".  

The guns are pieces of sh*t.  They should'a bought American AR-15/M-16's!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 8:27:43 AM EDT
[#10]
I wonder if it's that Brit Ammo also.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 8:31:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 9:12:29 AM EDT
[#12]
No more free guns for the English.

Let them bear the cost of gun ownership between wars.

Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.

The USA has been fooled twice by those limeys.  NO MORE.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 10:04:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Me? I'm on "Fight for's" side.  Hey maybe it's time for Ireland to take back the six counties that the Brits stole from her, now that John Bull's grunts have such a poor weapon.

Oh well, I can dream about it anyway.[:\]

26 + 6 = ONE
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 10:13:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I thought we already did!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top