Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2002 9:51:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 10:09:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 10:21:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I would imagine that its the US ARMY that is charging them...

I doubt very seriously that any Armd/Mech Bn commander in our army would take two little kids being run over by some of his men very well regardless of where it took place... and if its gone to the point of charges than the local commander has investigated already and thinks their is negligance...
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 10:43:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
They have the nerve to stage an anti-US anything?  We should just pack up and leave, let the North Koreans have a field day with them.
View Quote

Yeah, that makes plent of fr#$kinh sense.

HELLO, FREE COUNTRY = RIGHT TO PROTEST

When people protest in the US do we suggest the US pick up and leave its own property?

The truth is, the majority of local govenrments and without a doubt the national government are / is completely supportive of the US presence here. This, despite continuously being snubbbed by the American people.

Heck, this past week on this board has proven to me how little regard most of you have for Korea. Probably one of our strongest and most committed allies, yet not even mantioned in the "Who is our best ally" thread except by myself and one other American of Korean descent. Heck, per capita theis country was more committed to Vietnam then we were _ I don't think ou could say the same for Britain, Canada, Australia, etc.

As far as I understand it, the investigation is ongoing, but one change already put in place is that all AVLM (the vehicle involved) and vehicles with similar chassis must now be transported by HETs (Heavy Equipment Transporters), the same things we currently use to move tanks to training sites.

The truth is, these protesters are the same people who protest all the time, anytime that they find or create an excuse. Many are die-hard communist sympathizers. With these recent protests, they couldn't even get the family of the deceased girls to support them! With the emotions involved, that is a powerful indictment.

Adam

Link Posted: 7/5/2002 11:18:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 2:00:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Apparently I put out some bad poop earlier. The US investogation was completed yesterday (5 July)- both the driver and TC were charged with negligent homicide.

It is the South Korean investigation that is still ongoing. The ROK govt. still reserves the right to request custody, but have not doen so yet. In other words, the protesters complaints that we aren't letting the Korean authorities handle this is ludicrous, they haven't even asked to yet.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 12:52:52 PM EDT
[#6]
In case anyone has never been there, Koreans WILL walk right out in front of military vehicles. Although it usually is older Koreans who do this, I'm not too surprised it hasn't happened more often.

The ones I've seen don't look, just diddy bop right on out in the street.

There used to be an old Chinese/Asian custom of a boat cutting right in front of another to "cut off" evil spirits following them. Could be a take-off of that?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top