Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2002 6:15:37 PM EDT
I saw advertized not to long ago a gun safe that was horizontal with a seat cusion on top to disguise it. Anyone know who makes it?
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 6:19:45 PM EDT
[#1]
[img]http://www.amsecusa.com/newguns/teton/teonhc1854.jpg[/img]

[url]http://www.amsecusa.com/newguns/teton/[/url]
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 6:21:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Scroll down to the bottom.

I was thinking of one of these myself, but an upright safe actually turned out to be cheaper.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 6:25:36 PM EDT
[#3]
If you lived in the NE area and had $$ to burn, I could build you a steel-reinforced concrete bunker like mine.

Walk-in conveinience, large capacity, virtually everything-proof. For double the money, you could have four or five times the safe.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 6:33:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Thats the one. Thanks Guys. I need this one because the safe will actually be in a bedroom (not the master) and I really don't want anyone to know its there. I would get a vertical but there isn't anywhere for me to put it in the new house (I close in one week).
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 6:35:34 PM EDT
[#5]
It lists at about $2,000.00 and is a special order item.

A dealer may charge you less than list, of course.

Link Posted: 7/5/2002 6:52:29 PM EDT
[#6]
3'8" x 7'8" x 6' high. You could fit 5 full upright commercial safes in a basement bunker like...well, the ones I have constructed. All dimensions are inside dimensions. Virtually fire-proof and burglar-proof. Trust me, you can fit an [b]awful[/b] lot of guns and ammo in one of these, plus you can walk right into it.

Right in your own basement.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 7:07:28 PM EDT
[#7]
That would assume I had a basement.

I would love a safe like that Wobblin, but I live here in NC and a basement is a rare thing.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 7:09:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I would love a safe like that Wobblin, but I live here in NC and a basement is a rare thing.
View Quote

Have I got good news for you! Contact Garandman as he can help you with your problem. He lives in the south and doesn't have a basement either.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 7:24:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Have I got good news for you! Contact Garandman as he can help you with your problem. He lives in the south and doesn't have a basement either.
View Quote

GARANDMAN! PAGING MR. GARANDMAN!
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 7:26:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
3'8" x 7'8" x 6' high. You could fit 5 full upright commercial safes in a basement bunker like...well, the ones I have constructed. All dimensions are inside dimensions. Virtually fire-proof and burglar-proof. Trust me, you can fit an [b]awful[/b] lot of guns and ammo in one of these, plus you can walk right into it.

Right in your own basement.
View Quote

Wobblin, do you have any pictures of the work you've done?  I'd be interested to see what one of these looks like.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 7:35:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Wobblin's vault.

Here's a pic of the rebar reinforcment.

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid14/p1e3a51cb3a707903ff073cc4e71d1b5c/fde07172.jpg[/img]

I thought I had more pics, but I'll hafta look around.

On the right is  the fabricated door frame and door he made. I'll let Wobblin say anything more on his door, if he wants to. (Its a VERY interesting, proprietary design)

Link Posted: 7/8/2002 11:17:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Wobblin,  I just moved to a house w/ a shelf basement like garandman's pic, in the future I'd like to build a room similar to what you have there but would probably use cinder block with rebar reinforcements. There is one thing I can't figure out however.

How do you do the ceiling? For the life of me I can't figure it out.

Oh yeah, my basement steps are 26" wide with a right angle at the top so getting big stuff down there is impossible.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 11:32:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Wobblin,  

How do you do the ceiling? For the life of me I can't figure it out.

View Quote

Once you pour the walls, and the crete cures, you remove the forms.

Then you lay some 3/4" plywood over the top, form around the perimeter of the vault , brace the crap out of the plywood, and pour the cap.

Plywood stays in the vault.

Link Posted: 7/8/2002 2:14:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 9:40:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Cabela's offers it for $1,499.
View Quote

If Cabela's offers my gun safe for $1,499 I'll eat my own puke.

[puke]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 9:41:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cabela's offers it for $1,499.
View Quote

If Cabela's offers my gun safe for $1,499 I eat my own puke.

[puke]
View Quote

Well get yer knife and fork out.

I saw it on their website - $1,499.

(shipping cost $5K tho)   [:D]

Link Posted: 7/10/2002 6:24:21 PM EDT
[#17]
How about a conventional gun safe,then you add an old style refrigerater door and all the side panels .ect.   You could easily put a chain on the old refrig door and nobody would think the less of it as many people lock their refrigs up to keep  kids,roomates.ect out.

Bob  [8D]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 6:39:50 PM EDT
[#18]
The problem with the fridge idea is where to put it?
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 7:08:26 PM EDT
[#19]
People have freezers and such in their garages no?

Bob   [8D]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 7:13:56 PM EDT
[#20]
I don't have one. I will be getting a Shed soon. (hopefully)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top