Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2002 10:06:26 AM EDT
On wed. my father-in-law Vic collapsed on the golf course and was diagnosed with a 12 cm tumor on his brain stem. Surgery is set for Tuesday, but the prognosis is not good. Please say an extra prayer for him and his family.

THB
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 10:12:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Prayers in route!
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 10:25:08 AM EDT
[#2]
That's really rough man.  Him and your family will be in my prayers

Keving67
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 10:29:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 10:37:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm sorry hear that about your father-in-law. I bet he was having headaches for awhile and probably didn't want to say anything. This a natural process of life, the torch is being passed to a new generation.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 10:59:59 AM EDT
[#5]
More prayers on the way!
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 11:38:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 2:07:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Healing angels inbound on the fast track.  That's one big tumor.  Hope they can get it all.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 4:19:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Done.

suggest he look into doctors involved with alternative medicine:

[url]www.cancermed.com[/url]
[url]www.drday.com[/url]
[url]www.mercola.com[/url]
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 4:28:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Prayers coming from Southeast Texas from my clan.  Believe in the power of prayer and make sure he knows we're praying for him.  Hopefully he draws some calm and comfort from it before the big day.

God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 4:35:26 PM EDT
[#10]
DONE
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 5:00:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 5:06:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
12 CM!! holy moly! has he had any signs prior to him collapsing?
View Quote

He had in fact been complained about numbness in his left side for quite a while. A timely skull x-ray would have been a good thing. Water under the bridge at this point. As a cancer survivor myself, my advice to all on this forum is, if weird things start to happen to you physically, or you feel bumps where there ain't supposed to be any, [b]get it checked out![/b] A quick checkup by a good doc may find something that can [b]kill[/b] you if not treated. Early detection is the key! Play it safe.

Also thanks to all for your kind words & prayers. Everyone should have a digital family like this one.

THB
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top