Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2002 8:02:38 AM EDT
[url]http://www.newsday.com/news/local/newyork/ny-nyguns022770520jul02.story?coll=ny-nynews-headlines[/url]

The arsenal was discovered when Bernstein's fiancee, who lives
                             with him, called police during a domestic quarrel Wednesday. The
                             fiancee said Bernstein, who has no criminal record, was
                             menacing her with a handgun, Brown said.

Eight of the guns were licensed, authorities said.
                             While saying "no useful purpose exists for anyone to maintain an assortment of weaponry such
                             as this," Brown said he was especially troubled because Bernstein lives two blocks from PS 173
                             on 67th Avenue.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 8:06:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.newsday.com/news/local/newyork/ny-nyguns022770520jul02.story?coll=ny-nynews-headlines[/url]

The arsenal was discovered when Bernstein's fiancee, who lives
                             with him, called police during a domestic quarrel Wednesday. The
                             fiancee said Bernstein, who has no criminal record, was
                             menacing her with a handgun, Brown said.

Eight of the guns were licensed, authorities said.
                             While saying "no useful purpose exists for anyone to maintain an assortment of weaponry such
                             as this," Brown said he was especially troubled because Bernstein lives two blocks from PS 173
                             on 67th Avenue.
View Quote

Here is a purpose...because he wanted to and it was legal.  Back in the early 90's I had to register a handgun with a 15 rd. mag.  The person doing the "inspection" asked why I needed 15 bullets.  I tried to think of a pithy response and decided to keep my mouth shut.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 8:13:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 8:32:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Thats not an arsenal, thats a hobby.  OF course in NYC they would rather you smoked crack like the rest of them.  Wow 2 whole blocks from a school, now that's about as dangerous as haveing a pet dog.  It might go nuts and start attacking the children.  I wonder how many drug dealers are in that school.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 8:40:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 8:41:45 AM EDT
[#5]
FOX news reported this morning that the LAX shooter was heavily armed with two pistols and a knife.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 8:51:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 8:55:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Heck, this lawyer keeps more of an arsenal in his truck at any given time than that guy had.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 8:58:04 AM EDT
[#8]
That's why I will NEVER live in NYC.  I can't count how many people I know with more guns than that.  I have about how many that attourney had, and here in Texas, no one would even bat an eyelash, much less arrest me and post a $100,000 bail.  What's the diff between 1 gun or a 1000?  You can only shoot one at a time anyways?  Same kinda bullsh*t logic that says I can only buy a new 10 rd mag for my pistols, I guess.
What do you guys do that live in states like NY?  It must be pretty tough, and I feel for you guys.  If you can stand the heat, move down South.  In Texas, at least 50% of all households have at least one firearm.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 9:14:46 AM EDT
[#9]
I was riding back from the range yesterday with a friend, when he said he expects the government to take all his firearms someday.  It's just a matter of time for all of us.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 11:12:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I wonder how many drug dealers are in that school.
View Quote

Do you want to include the teachers and other school personnel in that count or just the students?

Link Posted: 7/5/2002 11:27:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What do you guys do that live in states like NY?
View Quote

Don't confuse NYC with NY state. Except for NYC and one or two other jurisdictions there is no long gun registration or magazine restrictions.  Many counties issue unrestricted CCW permits and all issue target/hunting permits. If you're a sportsman there are millions of acres of public hunting areas and thousands of lakes and streams to fish in.  

I plan on relocating when the time is right though.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 11:31:05 AM EDT
[#12]
i wonder what "Queens District Attorney Richard Brown" thinks is a reasonable amount of firearms for someone to own.  i had over 20 by the time i was 21.

i bet there is more to this girlfriend than we know.  i don't believe for a minute that this lawyer is that stupid.  i think she wanted to ruin his life - and knew exactly how to do it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 2:19:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, I tried to track down an e-mail addy for the bloomin' idiot, but couldn't find one.  However, you can see his ugly mug at www.queensda.org

If he thinks that 'arsenal' was unbelievable, he should come visit some of us.  He walk away babblin' like an idiot.  Oops....wait a minute....he's already doin' that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top