Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2002 4:52:00 AM EDT
sometimes I'll see that someone has replied to a thread but it doesn't show up when I click on the link?  
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 4:54:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 4:57:08 AM EDT
[#2]
s, i don't have any idea, but just wanted to say hello.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 4:58:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Probably something you did wrong.[;)]
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 5:01:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
s, i don't have any idea, but just wanted to say hello.
View Quote

Hey baby
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 5:03:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm not sure. Now if you were a blond I would have an answer.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 5:12:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't know if the person really did delete their reply.. I've seen it happen before and later on their reply will show up buried in the thread after someone else replies.

Maybe it's time to break out the "I love me" jacket.  [whacko]

Oh.. and I could be a blonde at any moment... $7.95 at the pharmacy and an hour and voile!  [:D]
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 5:16:31 AM EDT
[#7]
... PEBCAK
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 5:29:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 5:31:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Which doesn't show up, the thread or the reply?  It is because theperson deleted their reply.
(Believe me, I considered strongly deleting my reply, just to mess with your head [;D])
View Quote

That's exactly why!!!
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 5:35:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
... PEBCAK
View Quote

You mean, of course, "PEBKAC".

the_reject
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 7:13:18 AM EDT
[#11]

Oh.. and I could be a blonde at any moment... $7.95 at the pharmacy and an hour and voile!  [:D]
View Quote

I don't thrust a blond till I give them a through examination to see if they are really blond. [devil]
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 7:16:14 AM EDT
[#12]
it could be PEBCAK... or more easily said as PICNIC.

I've also been unable to find posts in a thread like MM... I attribute it to my lack of attention and poor short term memory.. lol... It's like looking for your car keys all over the house, then realizing they're in your hand!

Link Posted: 7/5/2002 7:20:38 AM EDT
[#13]

They must have posted a reply, then deleted it. Their sig name still appears as the most recent poster until another person posts.

Link Posted: 7/5/2002 7:32:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 7:42:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Could it be a cache issue?  I don't know, but if it happens to you a lot, it might be.

What does PEBKAC mean?
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 8:11:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What does PEBKAC mean?
View Quote

Problem
Exists
Between
Keyboard
And
Chair
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 9:25:24 AM EDT
[#17]
I have never had the problem on this board but on more than a couple others I get exactly what you are talking about, and it is not due to replying and deleting or editing.

Your internet exploder or whatever has some internet options and stuff.  You want the browser to refresh every time you click on a page, otherwise you are loading from cookies and memory or where ever and get what you have read in the past.

Changing this setting never cured my computer completely.  I still sometimes need to hit the refresh button.  And sometimes it takes two or three refresh hits to get to see the new posts.

Clearing cookies, history, temp files, and that sort of thing helps.

Setting the browser settings helps.

Using refresh also helps.

I have found nothing that solves it.  But the refresh allows me to eventually read it.

Now I have no clue about the posting and deleting, but with some of the nuts on this board it is entirely possable they are the cause.

Link Posted: 7/5/2002 9:29:58 AM EDT
[#18]
MM, i've noticed this too.  in addition to the deleted reply, it also happens when the author is CURRENTLY composing the message.  or at least that's the way it appears because when i go back every 10 seconds or so, that person's post usually shows up.

could also happen if somebody started to compose a reply but canceled it.  doesn't have to be submitted and then deleted.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 9:48:52 AM EDT
[#19]
You know when you put two socks in the dryer and when you go to pull them out and there's only one? It's the same evil force at work here as well.[:\]
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 10:26:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Yip. That evil force that lurks in all households. Stole my damn car keys this morning. Maybe when I find the keys, I will find your sock![:d]
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 11:41:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I don't thrust a blond till I give them a through examination to see if they are really blond. [devil]
View Quote

You don't "thrust" a blond until you examine them? Always a good policy... [:D]

PAGING DOCTOR FREUD, PAGING DOCTOR FREUD...

Your slip is showing.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 1:56:52 PM EDT
[#22]
They deleted the post.

I've done it a few times.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 4:19:05 PM EDT
[#23]
I noticed something similar. When you go to handguns or the ak side of the site, it says something like "topics-26 replies-105" and there is nothing there. I'm guessing it's "house cleaning" but I would rather see the posts stay so I don't repeat questions.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 4:46:35 PM EDT
[#24]
OOPS... just noticed who posted this. Sorry No offense, I'm up to the ankle now...
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 5:27:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
...You want the browser to refresh every time you click on a page, otherwise you are loading from cookies and memory or where ever and get what you have read in the past.
View Quote

This statement is correct.  Either set your IE 5.x/6.0 to "Every time you click..." or "Automatically".  This should take care of the problem.

...I say 5.x/6.0 because you probably don't have 4.x - and if you're using Netscape, well then God help you [:D]
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 5:32:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Supershooter's pic does not suck.[:)]
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 7:52:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

You lost me!
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 7:55:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

You lost me!
View Quote

You are here -----> [red]x[/red]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top