Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2002 3:49:43 AM EDT
To become a US citizen. She went to the local fireworks program with my son and his wife and was touched by the program. She said that as she sat there looking at the new grandson, thinking about how her life was here, and how she felt about this country, maybe it's time to make it official. She is Canadian and has felt in the past as though she would be truning her back on her country. She has lived here since 1975 when we got married, so longer in the States than Canada. Anyway.....just proud of her decision.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 5:10:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 6:27:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Good luck, I heard the test is no joke, but is doable.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 6:30:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Sure more evidence of the hidden US plot to slowly undermine Canada....

YOU ARE AFTER OUR WOMENZ!!!!!

Damn you all to hell!!!!
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 7:07:32 AM EDT
[#4]
WX
Congrats.
Good for her.
I got me one of them Canadian brides also.
Our 20th will be on the 17th.
She never became a citizen for the same reason.
Our kids call her an alien.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 8:11:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Mechandy......
Kids are always kidding her about being an alien. That and the language differances. How does your wife pronounce Film? Does she throw in a "u" such as filum?  (fil-um) Also hanger, iron.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 8:18:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 9:50:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Striker.....
We were talking about that the other day. We just need to get a pole for our Canadian flag.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 9:58:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Woohoo way to go Mom [:)]  I was also very proud to hear of her decision.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 10:46:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Good luck, I heard the test is no joke, but is doable.
View Quote

I heard the same.  She will definately have to study

Keving67
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 1:12:24 PM EDT
[#10]
WX
I never thought aboot the filum.
There is a lot of language differances.
One of the weird things about being married to a Canadian is that they will infect you with some of their speech habits.
One of the main reasons that I want my wife to get her citizenship is so she doesn't get screwed on taxes when I die.
I think you just saved yours about 40%.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top