Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2002 3:49:02 AM EDT
Somebody drags your father to death behind a pickup truck because they think he's inferior, and you don't want the piece of schitt to die?  WTF.

CNN has this [url=http://www.cnn.com/2002/LAW/07/04/dragging.death.ap/index.html]article[/url].
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 12:09:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Happens all the time. I think there's been parents or kids of victims who've formed a "we're against the death penalty" society or the like.

I've always thought (but never said out loud) that anyone who hurt/killed a member of my family wouldn't have to worry about their public defender.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 12:13:21 PM EDT
[#2]
So what?? The guy's personal philosophy is against the death penalty. Considering it was HIS father, what right is it for anyone else to comment?

-legrue
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 12:16:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I guess he figure's he's got a better chance to the rights for a "made for TV" by going this way!
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 2:16:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Well if someone did that to my father, I would like them to be released, drop all charges. I'd rather take care of the scumbag(s) personally. It would involve alot more pain than the state would give.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 8:03:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So what?? The guy's personal philosophy is against the death penalty. Considering it was HIS father, what right is it for anyone else to comment?

-legrue
View Quote

He certainly has a right to comment on the punishment that his father's killer is about to receive...

On the other hand, our laws say that the murder of a human being is the business of all other human beings, and in Texas, the other human beings have decided to put the killer to death...
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 8:13:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top