Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2002 6:21:47 PM EDT
There is a quote about (paraphrasing here) once having hunted man you can never hunt anything again, for man is the most dangerous game of all. Can anyone tell me the title of the story so I can get it? Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 6:24:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a quote for you,being from FL you here things about Mr. Hemingway.

"Give me back my F*ing BEER!"
-drunk Hemingway,Key West Fl.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 6:26:34 PM EDT
[#2]
That sounds like something from the short story, [u]The Most Dangerous Game[/u].

I dont know if Hemingway talked abou hunting men (as in war) I might be wrong.  Doesn't sound like Hem, though.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 6:27:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe it isn't Hemingway, but I think it is.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 6:28:17 PM EDT
[#4]
[url]http://mbhs.bergtraum.k12.ny.us/cybereng/shorts/danger.html[/url]
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 6:48:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I sthat an abbreviated version of the story? I can't find the quote in it. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 7:51:16 PM EDT
[#6]
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man. And those who have hunted armed men, and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter"

From memory, so it might not be accurate
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 8:40:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Getting closer. I think that is the whole quote. Is that Hemingway though?
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 8:59:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Is that Hemingway though?
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 7:36:00 AM EDT
[#9]
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter. You will meet them doing various things with resolve, but their interest rarely holds because after the other thing ordinary life is as flat as the taste of wine when the taste buds have been burned off your tongue."
On the Blue Water:Hemingway
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top