Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2002 4:57:36 PM EDT
I went to the local city July 4th parade this morning.  They had all the usual stuff, old cars, old jeeps, marching bands and clowns.  It was nice but about the same stuff as every year.

Then towards the end....being pulled by a truck....on a large long flatbed was the following float:

[b]Young men (17-21) standing in statue form re enacting the flag planting at Iwo Jima, next to that was more youngsters re enacting the Fireman's flag planting at the World Trade Centers after 9-11(complete with models of the wrecked buildings framework), followed by an older man (35-40) knelling by a cross in the ground.[/b]

[i]It was a very moving scene that drew lots of applause and caused me to tear up.  I was very proud and saddened at the same time.[/i]

I for one will never forget!!!

Sgtar15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top