Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2002 2:33:04 PM EDT
Funny, his Garands were nowhere to be found! He decided for the close-range stuff (0-50 yards) his AR15 was the way to go and for the long-range work his Rem 700 was needed.

So much for his love of the M1. [heavy]

BTW, we had a very good time.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 2:34:31 PM EDT
[#1]
THIS is NOT good news for the Garandman.. LOL
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 2:42:12 PM EDT
[#2]
A tactical shoot?

Did you wear black, or what?
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 2:44:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
A tactical shoot?

Did you wear black, or what?
View Quote

Ahhh...Oooohhkay?
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 2:54:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, what made it tactical?

Duh?
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 3:04:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Lots of velcro.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 3:06:58 PM EDT
[#6]
SWS,

Hurrah!

LOL [:D]
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 3:56:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I guess I would say b/c it involved shooting, moving, engaging different targets while changing magazines and stuff li'dat, "tactical" seemed to fit.

Like I said, we had fun. We're supposed to go at it again on Saturday.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 4:00:33 PM EDT
[#8]
And you both came back alive- doesn't say much for either of yours marksmanship [;)]
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 4:00:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I guess I would say b/c it involved shooting, moving, engaging different targets while changing magazines and stuff li'dat, "tactical" seemed to fit.

Like I said, we had fun. We're supposed to go at it again on Saturday.
View Quote

Sounds like Tactical to me.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 4:06:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Y'all are jus' jellis. [:D]

Wobbly set up a 150-200 yard course thru the woods, a winding trail with human sillouette targets, at varying distances. Two trails actually - one for AR carbine, one for pistol.

It wasn't timed or scored - we would just critique the others guys performance - stuff like "You suck at dis'" and other such constructuive criticisms.

[}:D]

Actually, we did learn technique, so it was profitable.

BTW, Gobbly -

I coulda brung my black painted "tactical" Garand, but I wanted to be fair about it.

[:D]

Link Posted: 7/4/2002 4:39:46 PM EDT
[#11]
We did something like this back at his place in January. Basically, I just expanded the concept and tried to make things a little more like "real-world" situations we might actually find ourselves in someday.

Punching paper bulls-eyes is fun and all, but last I heard, nobody ever got attacked, raped, robbed, looted, or shot at by a paper bulls-eye from 100-200 yards away. So I devised today's shooting courses accordingly.

BTW, my Bushy M4gery and Sig 239 really performed well. I am getting close to being sold on the idea of the M4gery as a SHTF rifle and am way past being sold on the 239. It shoots so nicely that my other Sig (229) tends to gather dust. Both the pistols are in .40 S&W.

I have to say a tactical thigh holster is pretty slick too. I recommend that everyone get one. Mine is from Desantis and was special-made for my left hand.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 6:23:40 PM EDT
[#12]
If you want to bias things in favor of the Garand, add a bayoneting stage to your tactical shoot...
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 4:40:26 AM EDT
[#13]
btt, for the day crew.

Anyone else have some good shoots for 4 July????

Link Posted: 7/8/2002 5:25:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top