Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2002 12:40:37 PM EDT
OK , I see it happening already. A nut case shoots a few people in the LAX aireport. A light plane crashes into a picnic area.

People are talking about being locked and loaded. Saying get ready for it, here it comes. Dudes, get off the doomsday train.

You know, to reply on here, I assume you are either at home or, at work. Odds are real good that [b]no terrorists will come to your house[/b] to blow you up, kill you with anthrax, or try and poison you.

That is of course if any of this is even terrorism related. I'll bet any of you $100 if every shooting, airplane crash, bus accident, and god knows what were reperted every day that it would look like the end of the world.

Quit feeding the damned panic. A true professional should be able to look chaos in the eye and keep a level head. They will not feed the panic by running off at the mouth and stirring others up. Be professional.

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 12:47:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 12:53:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You know, to reply on here, I assume you are either at home or, at work. Odds are real good that [b]no terrorists will come to your house[/b] to blow you up, kill you with anthrax, or try and poison you.
View Quote

I live very close to one of the largest airports in the country, but I don't expect anything to happen.  If it does, I'm not straying far from home, as I'll be nextdoor at my nextdoor neighbor's BBQ.  He and many of the attendees there are pro gun and LEO's, so I don't have any problem feeling safe.  There's more firepower in his backyard right now than at an Army reserve exercise. [:D]

That is of course if any of this is even terrorism related. I'll bet any of you $100 if every shooting, airplane crash, bus accident, and god knows what were reperted every day that it would look like the end of the world.
View Quote

Some nutjob picks the 4th of July to walk into LAX and shoot up the El Al terminal?  Sorry, while he may not be a muslim, I certainly think he's a terrorist who had an agenda a la Timothy McVeigh.  Or, as I said he's just some random wacko who dressed up in a suit and tie to start shooting up the El Al ticket counter.  Either way, he picked the wrong counter to shoot up, as those El Al boys pack heat and are not afraid to use it.  Had he gone to a Continental, Southwest, or other ticket counter the casualties are likely to have been much higher.  Hell, we should be thankful this guy didn't have a bomb strapped to him.  If he had, it would have been devastating. Honestly, I think the guy was just a nutjob, but to argue semantics over what he is is irrelevant.  I think he certainly used terror as a weapon.

Either way, there isn't enough information to know one way or the other, and to feed the terror machine means they win.  Now, I'm going to go eat some hotdogs, drink a beer or two and talk shop with the cops next door.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 12:57:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw the new "Power Puff Movie" yesturday.

Monkeys with giant brains tried to take over the world...

I hope some people on this site don't see that movie.

The "S" really "HTF".

Happy fourth...

Lets wait for the fact before we go into SHTF mode.

[usa]

If they can instill that much fear...they have already won!!
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 12:57:50 PM EDT
[#4]
yeah I know what you are saying everyone is getting all worked up, its not are faults we just want to use are AR's.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 1:02:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not panicking. I am in my ever present state of preparedness though. I pity the fool who comes to my house and starts shooting.

Link Posted: 7/4/2002 1:02:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll say this for Colonel David Hackworth.  He just made a very important point.  A terrorist wouldn't do something like this as a primary attack.  It just doesn't fit their MO.  At best, it fits a diversionary tactict to take attention off another target.  So it's highly likely that the other shoe may drop.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 1:13:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If you were around here during 9/11 you know people were talking all kinds of trash.
Everyone kept their heads and [red]no one[/red] went out and shot anyone.
View Quote

Well, almost no one.

[url=http://www.arizonarepublic.com/special44/articles/0925ROQUE25-ON.html]Mesa man indicted in slaying of Sikh after terrorist attacks[/url]

I doubt the shooter was a member here, maybe he should have been.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 1:50:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 4:39:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'll say this for Colonel David Hackworth.  He just made a very important point.  A terrorist wouldn't do something like this as a primary attack.  It just doesn't fit their MO
View Quote
Really?  What about all the suicide bombers in Israel.  Sounds just like their MO with a little different twist.  In fact, this sounds just like their MO in Israel before more Isrealis started carrying.

On FOX news this morning, they told all about him.  Egyptian, incensed over neighbor flying American flag, attacked El Al counter.  Oh NOOOOOOOOO, he wasn't a terrorist.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top