Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2002 10:29:13 AM EDT
I hope that everyone is having a fun and safe Independence Day.

For you guys at the Hernando shoot, sorry I couldn’t make it. Lowers, barrels and other parts are weeks late from arriving. And I’ve been a bit depressed over my birthday this week (man I hate getting older). Yeah, I know Im being a wuss:-)

Anyhow, thinking about independence has me feeling better. A year ago today, [url]www.ferret50.com[/url] was born. So today is a good day for reflection. 226 years ago today, our founding fathers signed the Declaration of Independence. It’s been a while since I have read it, so I did.

How do you describe those who signed that document? Patriots, heroes, brave, does any word accurately describe the caliber of persons who envisioned freedom while under tyranny? The colonies were under the heavy thumb of England, and these men choose to change that. And they did. Each of these men knew what they were signing. Knowing that England would strike back, they birthed the American dream.

After reading the Declaration of Independence, I looked across my shop at what I have done and the dozens of Ferret's on the floor. I asked myself, am I doing the right thing? Am I living in the Spirit of America, the Spirit of our founding fathers? I realized that it’s not what I do, but whom I do it for. The spirit of freedom is in all of us. From the lady that serves me lunch, the cop that checks my door at 3am, and my wife who holds me when I feel tired and down. Just as our founding fathers did what they had to so that we would have life, liberty and happiness, we act in that same spirit when we take that extra step for someone else.

As an American I am proud to do my best for my customers, my family and America. We have come a long way in a year. I look forward to the coming year, it will be a great year for all of us.

Team Ferret
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top