Posted: 7/3/2002 8:03:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 8:06:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 8:07:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 8:10:35 PM EDT
[#3]
From the first paragraph --

...we Liberal Democrats, are far too busy name-calling...right-wing moron website.
View Quote

Yep, he really learned something, didn't he?
[rolleyes]

Link Posted: 7/3/2002 8:19:34 PM EDT
[#4]
This is very interesting because this person is saying that they should debate logically.  But that won't work, as they can not make a logical case for most of the liberal positions.  I have a very liberal friend.  Whenever we debate, he does pretty well for a while, but then has to start calling names and swearing.  He does it every time.  One time we were debating about corporations....he claimed that they were the worst polluters in the world and without harsh regulation by the government, they would ruin the world.  I pointed out to him that the worst polluter in the history of the world was probably the former soviet union.  Boy did that get his goat and he started spewing obscenities.  Fun to watch, actually.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 8:41:42 PM EDT
[#5]
[red][size=6]WE?[/size=6][/red]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:20:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I just think it's funny there is any democrat out there ho is honestly surprised about this.

They also laugh off that there is any sort of liberal bias in news media.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:31:42 PM EDT
[#7]
"right-wing moron website"

Hey guys, thats us![:)]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:39:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:47:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Heard Ann Coulter on Larry Elder tonight... man, that woman is intelligent.

Wait a minute...

WAIT A MINUTE!!!....

A THOUGHT?

YES.

Ann Coulter in 2008!!!!

Coulter Vs. Clinton
View Quote

Yup, also heard her mention a fiance.  Lucky bastard...whomever he is.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:54:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:59:05 PM EDT
[#11]
What is I like is when they say responsible or respectable conservatives MUST be embarrassed by her.  Uh, no, they aren't.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 11:35:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Saying that Ann is right is like saying water is wet.

Only reason she's not married is that she's not yet met me!!!  >gg<
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 11:59:13 PM EDT
[#13]
"Can you hear me now?"
There's a [b]LOT[/b] of people who don't know how to argue without getting personally invested, only to end up name calling or whatnot.
If you want a good resource for how to win arguments (and I'm not just talking about being right - being right doesn't mean you're going to win an argument), check this one out:

[url]http://www.intrepidsoftware.com/fallacy/welcome.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 12:09:03 AM EDT
[#14]
It just makes your head hurt.  We don't name call...those right wing Repug moron's are the ones who name call.

Not saying both sides don't call each other names, but good Lord, at least think when you type...or perhaps I'm asking to much of Communists?
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 12:14:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Best one liner of the DU thread:
"2)if ever there were name calling blowhards...the repugs are it" by Cheswick
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 4:44:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Liberals can't debate because they think they are right, but don't know why.  They just know they are.  

Sadly, the sympathetic liberal media won't call them on facts, name calling or inaccurate statements.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 5:01:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Damnit, why did Ann Coulter write this stupid book?

The last thing we need is for those bastards to learn from their mistakes.

This is like dropping Normandy invasion plans into France.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 7:50:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 9:20:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Why did you have to tell us that?  Now I am REALLY depressed.

OTO, Looks like his fears were realized.  His commentary did make it to a 'right-wing moron website'.  Isn't he just doing what he is complaining about, ie name calling?
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 2:07:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
Why did you have to tell us that?  Now I am REALLY depressed.

View Quote

Hey, I'm as depressed as you.  Is was barely a mention though...she said something how the publishers didn't want to touch her book and her agent really had to fight to get it published, stupid reason, more political than trying to sell books.  And she is pacing and smoking worried about not getting it published and stuff.  And now its #1 in New York Times and stuff...and she mentioned a fiance like in passing, like saying so and so was at a party then going back to what you were talking about.  Likes to keep her private life private, I can respect that.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 3:32:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Damnit, why did Ann Coulter write this stupid book?

The last thing we need is for those bastards to learn from their mistakes.

This is like dropping Normandy invasion plans into France.
View Quote

I have a better chance of finding a live dodo bird than meeting a liberal that will argue an issue on the merits.  If they relied on facts to make decisions, they would have to back off of too many of their entrenched positions.  This book won't help them do that.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 3:58:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Best one liner of the DU thread:
"2)if ever there were name calling blowhards...the repugs are it" by Cheswick
View Quote

Heres mine:

JackieO (21 posts)
Jul-04-02, 06:40 AM (ET)

174. if no one posts anything about this tired bitch ever again...

i'll be happy!

Who were we talking about, anyway?
There... see? Completely forgettable.
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top