Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2002 5:16:36 PM EDT
i'm collecting these quarters, one set for each of my kids and for some reason the PA mint is hard to find. anybody collect these and want to work out a trade? denver mint for philladelphia? or PA for PA? email me i save most of the PA mints
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 5:51:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 5:53:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I don't "collect" them but I have jars full of the various states.  I empty my pockets every night and have been throwing the state quarters in a jar since the beginning.  I have several jars full.  E-mail me and I will give you whatever you want.  Tell me what design is on it so I don't have to look too hard.  [BD]
View Quote

You should turn them into fiat money (paper cash) and spend them before inflation deflates their value.

Link Posted: 7/3/2002 5:53:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll take all of it
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 5:56:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 6:01:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I try.... try being the word.

Link Posted: 7/3/2002 6:11:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't collect them, but I did find one in a change jar at work that was stamped off-center.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 6:15:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I collect them and money in general, my collection keeps shrinking instead of growing though
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 6:16:44 PM EDT
[#8]
i'm a collecter!
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 6:17:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a friendly banker who gets me a roll each of "P" and "D" mint of each quarter as it is released. Only 2 more years til TEXAS!
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 6:25:02 PM EDT
[#10]
but I did find one in a change jar at work that was stamped off-center
View Quote

This is rare.  Keep that quarter.  A law school professor told us about a double stamp coin that someone at the US mint made for him to use as an exhibit in a counterfeiting case when he was an assistant US attorney.  He found it in his office safe many years later and gave it back to the mint.  These can be pretty valuable I've heard.

I don't "collect" them but I have jars full of the various states. I empty my pockets every night and have been throwing the state quarters in a jar since the beginning.
View Quote

For some reason I do that too.  I started and now have probably 200+ and can't stand spending them.  Guess maybe I have this crazy idea that when my great-great-great-granchildren get them they might be worth $30 per coin.... [rolleyes]

Please, somebody talk some sense into be so I can at the very least buy something really valuable.  Like MAGS, or AMMO, or HOLTERS, or DOT SIGHTS, or....  Well, you get the point.

superdav:

I don't know anything about these coins (other than they can buy me gun stuff), so if you tell me what I'm looking for maybe I can shuffle through the jar and see what I have.  What's the difference between the two mints?
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 6:32:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I have been throwing them in a jar from the beginning. Don't know why really just thought I would save them. I don't really feel that they will be worth anything more then a quarter and someday I will just decide to cash them in. But it is a real easy way to save a little cash for that special toy that I just have to have!
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 6:51:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Coins become valuable because few were made in a particular year...  I'd expect these quarters may be worth 40 cents in 50 years... Thats about 1% interest...

You're better off saving old beer cans...[beer]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 8:47:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I have plenty of old beer cans.  Will I be rich someday?

medcop
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 8:52:25 PM EDT
[#14]
I know people who collect them from all around and they pay good $$ for ones from somewhere different..   I do believe I've got some savers tonight...   "Foster's Oil Cans" [beer]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:07:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Here's Arkansas new quarter that they plan to come out with. Later, Gavino

[img]http://www.nwphx.quik.com/gavinoc/newarkansasquarter1.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:31:50 PM EDT
[#16]
IN BEFORE THE LOCK!!!!!

I collect foreign banknotes. Anyone else?

Scott

Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:52:40 PM EDT
[#17]
I just buy silver proof sets every year.
The 1999 set of quarters is now going for about $75.00.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:59:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Oops. I posted without checking E-Bay first.
Take a peek at what the whole set is bringing in: [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1363792460[/url]

Good thing I bought a few extra sets[:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top