Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2002 7:11:04 AM EDT
I can buy a G .40, supposedly just rebuilt by Glock...  LE turn in.  Lady says she gets them from time to time.  All paperwork, case, and a 15 round mag for $450 plus tax.  It shows minor signs of wear on the outside.  Internals look great!

Anybody know anything about "rebuilt" Glocks?  Is this a good price?  

I helped her out with an electrical problem in her store this morning.  First time I've ever been there...  In the area pricing a job, saw the magic GUNS sign, had to stop...   Took an hour to fix her AC...it was 85 degrees in the store when she got there at 0800...  No parts were required.  "What do I owe you?"  "Nothing", I told her.  After looking around, I asked for a price on the G.40.

So, tell me.....

I ask because you guys know!

Thanks In Advance,
Tim
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 7:15:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 7:20:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 7:21:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Forget the Glock and spend a little more for a SIG. [devil]

-legrue
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 7:31:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Yea, forget the Glock and get a Springfield XD in 40 cal.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 7:39:46 AM EDT
[#5]
glocks are a POS and can fire out of battery...
I know it happened to me and My model 23 is on the repair table right now in smyrna, Ga (fortunately I can just drive up there to pick it up)

Generally the pressures of the .40s&w are too much for the weak glock frame,(.357sig the same way) and if it has been refurbished, there is probally a reason why...

90% of them are great guns!

PS I work in a gun shop, steal of a deal

But I can also move the slide back on any glock somewhere between 1/16 and 1/32 of an inch and it will dry fire out of battery

Link Posted: 7/3/2002 7:40:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Is it a 2nd or 3rd Generation Glock? If its a 3rd Gen. its a good deal, if its a 2nd Gen its a fair deal, it kinda depends on whether the 15 is FML'd or not.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top