Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2002 5:19:44 AM EDT
Intresting email I received

To ensure we Americans never offend anyone - - - - particularly
fanatics intent on killing us - airport screeners will not be allowed to profile people. They will continue random searches of 80-year-old women, little
kids, airline pilots with proper identification, Secret Service agents who
are members of the President's security detail, 85-year old Congressmen with
metal hips, and Medal of Honor winning former Governors.

Let's pause a moment and take the following test.

In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred
by:
(a) Olga Corbutt
(b) Sitting Bull
(c) Arnold Schwartzeneger
(d) Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

In 1979,the U.S. embassy in Iran was taken over by:
(a) Lost Norwegians
(b) Elvis
(c) A tour bus full of 80-year-old women

During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by:
(a) John Dillinger
(b) The King of Sweden
(c) The Boy Scouts

In 1983, the U.S. Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by:
(a) A pizza delivery boy
(b) Pee Wee Herman
(c) Geraldo Rivera making up for a slow news day
(d) Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40.

In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked, and a 70 year old
American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard by:
(a) The Smurfs
(b) Davy Jones
(c) The Little Mermaid
(d) Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40.

In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens, and a U.S. Navy diver was
murdered by:
(a) Captain Kid
b) Charles Lindbergh
(c) Mother Teresa

In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by:
(a) Scooby Doo
(b) The Tooth Fairy
(c) Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid who had a few sticks of dynamite left over from the train job.

In 1993 the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by:
a) Richard Simmons
(b) Grandma Moses
(c) Michael Jordan

In 1998, the U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by:
(a) Mr. Rogers
(b) Hillary, to distract attention from Wild Bill's women problems
(c) The World Wrestling Federation to promote its next villain:
"Mustapha
the Merciless"

On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked and destroyed and thousands of
people were killed by:
(a) Bugs Bunny, Wiley E. Coyote, Daffy Duck, and Elmer Fudd
(b) The Supreme Court of Florida
(c) Mr. Bean

In 2002 the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against:
(a) Enron
(b) The Lutheran Church
(c) The NFL

In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by:
(a) Bonny and Clyde
(b) Captain Kangaroo
(c) Billy Graham

Hmmm... nope, no patterns anywhere to justify profiling!
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 5:24:05 AM EDT
[#1]
If you are looking for a DUCK, don't you at at very least look for something that quacks and waddles?
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 6:12:35 AM EDT
[#2]
You forgot the last question in that list.....

On April 19, 1995, around 9:03 a.m., just after parents dropped their children off at day care at the Murrah Federal Building in downtown Oklahoma City, the unthinkable happened. This transgression was performed by;

1) A few t****heads bent on destroying America.

2) Some camel ******* who are after us.

3) Somali Muslim male extremists who are in a conspiracy to end the world and get virgins.

4) Some white guys.

Wake Up...

1)Unless you suspect everyone, you are a fool.

2)Until 9/11 The guys from Michigan were the largest murders in American history.

3) We were so hell bent on Muslim extremists, we brought back a "M/E" from the other side of the world.

4) I know a guy who is a Muslim, he is not extreme, he is barely a Muslim.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 6:26:31 AM EDT
[#3]
My local news is very PC.  When they describe a wanted man, they mention race, but when they show the photo in addition to reading a description, they leave it out.  

{Photo of a black guy} John Smith, 5'10'', 175lbs, black hair, brown eyes, armed and dangerous.

For god sakes, it's a description!!!!
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 6:33:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Intresting email I received

To ensure we Americans never offend anyone - - - - particularly
fanatics intent on killing us - airport screeners will not be allowed to profile people. They will continue random searches of 80-year-old women, little
kids,
snip

Hmmm... nope, no patterns anywhere to justify profiling!
View Quote

Mineta is a democRAT and a traitor from the Clinton / Gore years. He is the very person who was supposed to stop the 9-11 hijackers. That was his job. Mineta has proved beyond any reasonable doubt that he is not capable of protecting USA. Yet he is still in charge and he will never allow any hint of profiling. This is typical Leftist BS that dictates that we must allow ourselves to be destroyed because that is less bad than actually looking for someone that has known characteristics of past terrorists. This same Leftist BS dictates that a young woman bearing a firearm is worse than a raped and murdered woman who was unarmed.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 7:09:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't go off so quickly on middle eastern looking people. One of the most successful terrorist attacks against Israel was performed by the Japanese Red Army Faction. They were recruited by Palestinian terrorists to carry out an attack against civilians at the Lod airport because the the Israelis would never suspect "Japanese tourists" to be terrorists.

Why did Al Queda recruit "shoebomber" Richard Reid? Because he is a Brit, not an Arab.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 7:41:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Oh come on.......One incident with Japs attacking civilians....Richard Reid the Brit...yeah yeah yeah,,,,blah blah blah.

Gimmie a break!  Isolated incidents.  Just look at the original posting and you'll see that the majority of terrorist bombings do in fact come from middle eastern young males!  

Call it what it is man, a spade is a spade!

We need to profile people who fit the bill.  Arabs!  

Of course not all Arabs are bad, I'm not saying that.  But, what I am saying is right now in time, the Arabs (muslim extremists) ARE THE ENEMY AND MUST BE KILLED, in order to protect US!

Quit being so damned politically correct.  That's what got us in this mess in the first place.  By not calling it like it is.  
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 7:50:51 AM EDT
[#7]
The point isn't so much about "middle eastern looking people" as it is about people from the middle east. People from these countries MUST be looked at closer than ever. I'm not implying that we should only look at one racial group. I feel that being Middle eastern and being Muslim is enough to raise a BIG RED FLAG and to feel as though this would somehow be unfair is stupid IMO.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 8:16:24 AM EDT
[#8]
[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=127047[/url]

Link Posted: 7/3/2002 8:20:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=127047[/url]

View Quote

Yep ARLady, I remember you posting the same thing a few days back.

Keving67
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 8:33:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Tig, you are right on the money along with arlady. profiling is a must and must be done. anyone forget we are at war? during WW2, a nip was a nip. a kraut was a kraut. under normal cimcumstances this would fall under racism, but it is not normal circumstances. this is war and in an attempt to prevent a repeat of 9/11, we must do whatever we can. if it means stepping on a few toes and profiling a certain type of person, so be it. someone who is truly an american, no matter what their ethnicity, would consider being stopped at an airport acceptable if done in an attempt to protect their country.
I have seen mention of McVeigh and oklahoma. their will always be exceptions and those who pass under the radar. granted, what he did was just as horrendous as 9/11. but at the time we were not at war against hillbilly rednecks, so we were not profiling them. we are at war against afghanistan and must look for that "type" of person. it is unfortunate be it must be done.
-jay
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 11:46:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Oh come on.......One incident with Japs attacking civilians....Richard Reid the Brit...yeah yeah yeah,,,,blah blah blah.

Gimmie a break!  Isolated incidents.  Just look at the original posting and you'll see that the majority of terrorist bombings do in fact come from middle eastern young males!  

Call it what it is man, a spade is a spade!

We need to profile people who fit the bill.  Arabs!  

Of course not all Arabs are bad, I'm not saying that.  But, what I am saying is right now in time, the Arabs (muslim extremists) ARE THE ENEMY AND MUST BE KILLED, in order to protect US!

Quit being so damned politically correct.  That's what got us in this mess in the first place.  By not calling it like it is.  
View Quote

Maybe you are too young to remember the FALN. They were Puerto Rican ultra-nationalists who conducted a very deadly bombing campaign in NYC and Chicago in the early 1980s. There are lots of disgruntled groups out there that would jump at the chance to bomb Americans -- Phillipino communists, Indonesian Islamists, African communists, etc.

My point is that terrorists like Al Queda are not stupid. If you only look for "middle eastern/Arabs" then they will recruit terrorists that don't look middle eastern/arab.

I am not advocating that middle easterners be given a pass from profiling. Just the opposite, we do not include enough groups into the terrorist profile.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 12:01:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 12:10:08 PM EDT
[#13]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=106403[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top