Posted: 7/3/2002 4:24:52 AM EDT
http://www.washtimes.com/business/20020703-30793748.htm

I'm not going to say I told you so.
See.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 4:35:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 4:41:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I still believe that once this shakeout is over, telecommunication and bio-tech sector will be the next boom. It should take 2-3yrs for the re-structure. I am putting in some money in some sector mutual funds to prepare for the BOOOMMMM!!!
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 12:43:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I just read in a LA Times article that WorldCom's CEO, John Sidgmore said on Tuesday that they were too big to fail.  Sounds like a Shakespearean tragedy waiting to happen.  The protagonist will be punished for his arrogance.z
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 5:14:05 PM EDT
[#4]
NAtional security is a tried and true argument to throw out.  It's been used for obvious things like NMD, and less obvious things like the interstate highways in the 50's, ANWR, and even Hillary is using the old national security chesnut to maintain subsidizing the Supercollider (AKA, Amtrak).

So let WCOM go bankrupt.  The creditors will get the networks and infrastructure, and sell it off to competitors to regain some of the money they lost lending to WCOM.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 5:26:09 PM EDT
[#5]
The article mentions that their wireless resales division loses $750 million a year.

Christ.  My company spends about $3 million a year with WCOM... that's not even offsetting .5 % of the loss.

I guess wireless really is a solution in search of a problem.  

Vendors are pushing it but nobody seems to want it.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 7:57:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I still believe that once this shakeout is over, telecommunication and bio-tech sector will be the next boom. It should take 2-3yrs for the re-structure. I am putting in some money in some sector mutual funds to prepare for the BOOOMMMM!!!
View Quote
God, I hope the telecom industry comes back real soon, so I can go back to work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top