Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2002 10:34:08 PM EDT

[url=http://www.militarychallengecoins.com]challenge coins[/url]

these first came to my attention because of a special "condom" pouch in blackhawk wallets.

do any of you play this game (see below)?  would you be interested in an AR15.com challenge coin?  Goatboy, what do you think about this?

Challenge coin rules only apply to other individuals who also have a challenge coin. As an owner of a challenge coin, the coin represents your affiliation, support or patronage to the organization minted on the coin. You may "challenge" any individual who you know has a coin. A challenge is made by withdrawing your own coin and raising it in the air or by tapping it on a bar or table. When you challenge someone, they are required to produce their coin within 60 seconds. If the individual produces the coin, you are obligated to buy them a drink. If the individual fails to produce the coin, they are obligated to buy you a drink! The same rules apply if someone challenges you! If you are in a club or bar, please drink responsibly and always appoint a designated driver. We want you to get home safe! The reward does NOT have to be an alcoholic beverage. It can be a soda or any other reward that the two individuals agree on.

BE CAREFUL!!! Your challenge coin is a treasured and respected representation of the organization minted on the coin! If you drop your coin and it hits the floor, you are obligated to buy drinks for anyone who hears or sees the coin hit the floor! (Provided they have their coin on them of course!)
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 10:44:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Challenge coins are for special forces and seal types to prove their affiliation I don't think the fact that one posts on a website as the same thing.
How would it look when you pull your AR15.com challenge coin out and the guy you challenge was a green beret and his buddies are rangers after you buy them all a drink they will laugh you out of the bar.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 10:45:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey 308, this sound like a good idea, i wonder who else might be interested.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 5:30:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Challenge coins are for special forces and seal types to prove their affiliation I don't think the fact that one posts on a website as the same thing.
How would it look when you pull your AR15.com challenge coin out and the guy you challenge was a green beret and his buddies are rangers after you buy them all a drink they will laugh you out of the bar.
View Quote

EOD Types have them too.

I am not interested in a AR-15.com coin.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 5:33:20 AM EDT
[#4]
You get them when you are in a military unit that has them as a tradition.

Why don't we just make some AR15.COM medals while we're at it?
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 5:33:52 AM EDT
[#5]
after looking at the web site it appears just about any one can get a challenge coin made.
if you look at these coins they are from city police, a sheriffs department, hospital and schools.  

[img]http://www.wemakecoins.com/Images/june2002/40.jpg[/img]
[[img]http://www.wemakecoins.com/Images/june2002/22.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.wemakecoins.com/Images/june2002/77.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.wemakecoins.com/Images/june2002/71.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.wemakecoins.com/Images/june2002/41.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 7/3/2002 5:34:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Great Idea!

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Aviator%2FcoinF%2Ejpg[/img]

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 5:39:25 AM EDT
[#7]
[img]http://www.navyidc.com/images/1bn_3rd_mar_coin.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 5:40:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Great Idea!

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Aviator%2FcoinF%2Ejpg[/img]

View Quote

Now that group looks like a nice bunch of freedom loving individuals...
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 6:15:36 AM EDT
[#9]

Cant we just get a secret handshake????

Link Posted: 7/3/2002 6:17:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Cant we just get a secret handshake????

View Quote

What!? You don't alreaedy know it!?
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 6:37:23 AM EDT
[#11]
I think its a great idea, but obviously some folks think its an elite thing so it would ruin the the whole thing.

I have a pretty good collection of coins from my duties, including one that I'm looking at right now:  "Presented by the Commander, Cheyenne Mountain Operation Center"  (That's US/AFSPACECOM/NORAD ops center for you non-CMAFS types)  Yeah, I've done a little work for him from time to time.  That coin is numbered #10.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 2:57:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

You have an IDEA of how it works, but you don't grasp the concept.

Almost EVERY unit I've been in has had coins.

An [url=http://www.AR15.com]AR15.com[/url] challenge coin would only "work" with other AR15.com coins.  You would presumably [u]only challenge those who you know should have the coin.[/u] If they can't readily produce the coin.. they would buy the drinks.

One does not just walk into any bar and Whip your coin out and "challenge" everyone.  Suggesting that those who can not produce their coin would have to buy.  You can get yourself into a lot of trouble this way!

Now, lets say we're all at BRC'03 and go out drinkin' after hours, and the group you're with is all from BRC, then you have a "duty" to whip that bad boy out (coin) and get a drink or two [:)]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 3:13:24 PM EDT
[#13]
7IDL thanks for the clarification i still think an AR15.com challange coin is cheesy. I was in the Marines in a grunt unit and as far as i know Marine units do not have a challange coin or maybe i was kept out of the loop and didnt get mine.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 3:14:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
7IDL thanks for the clarification i still think an AR15.com challange coin is cheesy. I was in the Marines in a grunt unit and as far as i know Marine units do not have a challange coin or maybe i was kept out of the loop and didnt get mine.
View Quote

AHA!

I think you owe everyone a beer.

(I was never a Marine, just joking about that implication.)
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 3:18:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 3:24:06 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm interested. Sign me up sport.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 3:30:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Sorry guys, but I find the idea of buying a challenge coin that hasn't been earned distasteful. I hope you all reconsider this. Or, as an alternative, why not AR15.com berets? AR15.com jump wings?
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 5:08:48 PM EDT
[#18]
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Imbroglio%2FNINJACOIN%2Ejpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 5:30:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

The arm chair warriors and gun store commandoes here may disagree. [:p]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 5:37:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Imbroglio%2FNINJACOIN%2Ejpg[img]
View Quote

ROTFLMFAO!!!!
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 5:43:14 PM EDT
[#21]

GREAT tommytrauma,
i found a guy that can get us a great price on some berets:
[img]http://www.hatalog.com/Images/HH_0042_BasqueBeret.jpg[/img]

i am still working on the jump wings!!!
see the poll

Link Posted: 7/3/2002 5:43:51 PM EDT
[#22]
[img]home.wi.rr.com/antigov/coin.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 6:02:21 PM EDT
[#23]
my goodness AGTM, where do you and Imbg. get the warped sense of humor?  lol [:D]

I think a coin in the spirt of what this site is, would be a nice idea and a cool collectors item and don't forget FUN!.  

No need to be "elite" or anything, it's not like you're PRETENDING to be something because you have an AR15.com coin.  (see my prev. post)
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 6:04:19 PM EDT
[#24]
I want to truly buff out and own all of the above, the freakin' coin, the damn beret, and the jump wings pinned right onto my chest sans shirt!
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 6:06:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I want to truly buff out and own all of the above, the freakin' coin, the damn beret, and the jump wings pinned right onto my chest sans shirt!
View Quote

I think an AR15.COM commemorative forehaed tartoo is in order too.

Link Posted: 7/3/2002 6:08:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

YOU have issues!

winchells closed tonight?
nightstick missing?

[;)]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 6:35:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Having known a few Outlaw Bikers, in my younger and looser years, would those winds be red or black?
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 8:16:43 PM EDT
[#28]
If we are going to do a coin for AR15.com, let me offer this -

It is a "NOT FOR SALE" item.  Make it a "membership" perk, and do NOT offer it for sale seperately.  Coins are given for "belonging" - and you don't "belong" if you just bought the thing.  I have a few, so I know what I'm talking about...

FFZ
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:33:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm laughing so hard, It's difficult to breath.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 10:16:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I think it's an Army thing?
View Quote

Air Force has them as well.

Viper Out
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 10:29:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 10:43:01 PM EDT
[#32]
In case this thing builds up any momentum:

PLEASE don't patronize some rip-off mail order outfit in the US before giving me a chance to get a price quote on this end.

All of the best looking coins / best prices on coins are found over here.

Adam (more coins than I can count, been here too long)
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 11:01:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
In case this thing builds up any momentum:

PLEASE don't patronize some rip-off mail order outfit in the US before giving me a chance to get a price quote on this end.

All of the best looking coins / best prices on coins are found over here.

Adam (more coins than I can count, been here too long)
View Quote

Dude, you're in Korea? What 'cha got?
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 11:09:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Holy sheep shit. This should say "Deformis sed suspendium" on it  [:D]

Link Posted: 7/3/2002 11:40:10 PM EDT
[#35]
I guess I don't spend enough time drinking or something.  Hm.  Although...that Mall Ninja one would rock! Serious Flip out while guitars wail Eliteness!
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 1:20:25 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

I'm laughing my ass off. This HAS to go on MallNinja.com-I'll get in on as soon as I get some sleep.

And dammit, I thought you said that the Gecko would be Photoshopped next? I mean, c'mon! I'm practically begging for punishment here...

Juggernaut
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top