Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2002 5:03:09 PM EDT
A friend of mine ordered a Dan Wesson kit from the Marquette, MI Gander Mtn. store. The kit comes with several different barrel lengths, one of the barrels is 3 inches long. Well Gander said they won't sell him the 3 inch barrel because it's not considered usable for hunting.
   They also refused to sell another friend a Kimber Ultra carry (also w/ a 3 inch barrel) they had in their display case because he wasn't LEO. Sounds like a lot of BS.
Anybody else run into this with Gander Mtn.?

--fireguy

Link Posted: 7/2/2002 5:04:37 PM EDT
[#1]
if i'm not mistaken, i saw some ars and m1as at the one in taylor, MI..........
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 5:08:53 PM EDT
[#2]
They don't have a problem with long guns, it's just with barrels 3 inches or less. It's like they got a problem with concealed carry weapons. I don't get it because it's pretty easy to get a CCW in the U.P.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 5:14:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 5:30:09 PM EDT
[#4]
With sales policies like that I'd like to know what their policy on CCW in the store is...
So they carry handguns with a 3" bbl or less, call themselves a sporting goods store...yet they won't sell them to non-Leo’s?
They won't ever see any of my $, guaranteed.
F**king PC shithead corporate assholes I hope they go bankrupt. This kind of shit really boils my rabbit! [soapbox]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 5:32:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 5:37:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I talked with the guys at Gander about that when they opened. Company policy is no carry type pistols and no assault rifles of any kind tell you friend to go to Wilderness is Ishpeming they'll do it right....
FANTOM  
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 5:46:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I talked with the guys at Gander about that when they opened. Company policy is no carry type pistols and no assault rifles of any kind tell you friend to go to Wilderness is Ishpeming they'll do it right....
FANTOM  
View Quote

Gander ain't getting anymore of my business, screw em.
Wilderness is a good place, I usually stick to 2 or 3 places around Iron Mtn. for my gun purchases though.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 5:56:57 PM EDT
[#8]
LOL! I like your sig line fireguy. you would'nt mind if i use that at another board?
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 6:08:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
LOL! I like your sig line fireguy. you would'nt mind if i use that at another board?
View Quote

Feel free, I stole it from a bumper sticker.[:D]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:08:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Their policy is to not sell any pistol that can be used to CCW to anyone but a LEO.
I tried to place flyers in their saginaw, mi store for pistol fun night and they threw them away.
It is because they hate freedom and love liberals.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:17:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Gander Mountain was bought out about 4 years a go by Holiday Company(s).  I was employed by them at this time. I used to sell mini glocks and air weights all the time.  ARs are BAD too.  The new owners saved Gander from bankruptcy, but installed the P.C. policies.  

I'm not happy with the policy,  but my local small time FFL dealer will now see more business because of it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:27:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Three years ago I went to the Gander Mtn. in Lansing and asked about a Sig 239 and was told that they only carry "sporting" guns.  At the time I was pretty pissed, but they are free to sell whatever they want.  

Personally, I think their prices are a little steep.  I'll second the recommendation for Wilderness Sports.  I used to live in Marquette and bought my first pistol from that store.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:32:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
if i'm not mistaken, i saw some ars and m1as at the one in taylor, MI..........
View Quote

What??? Are you serious?  Looks like I will have to see this for myself.

Keving67
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:58:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
A friend of mine ordered a Dan Wesson kit from the Marquette, MI Gander Mtn. store. The kit comes with several different barrel lengths, one of the barrels is 3 inches long. Well Gander said they won't sell him the 3 inch barrel because it's not considered usable for hunting.
   They also refused to sell another friend a Kimber Ultra carry (also w/ a 3 inch barrel) they had in their display case because he wasn't LEO. Sounds like a lot of BS.
Anybody else run into this with Gander Mtn.?

--fireguy

View Quote

Go to Gunfinder.net.  Cliff will take care of you.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 9:31:08 PM EDT
[#15]
gander mountain is pretty much worthless to all but the hunting only crowd.

Link Posted: 7/3/2002 4:40:34 AM EDT
[#16]
I got one word for you: BOYCOTT!!!!
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 5:12:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Fireguy ..I've got a couple of buddies who started out at Gander 15 yrs ago both run Wi stores now.. I will try to get a hold of em and see whats up..
both these guys own short pistols and assault rifles (one has the worlds largest private collection of Valmets well at least in Wi)..might be when Gander got sold to Holliday things changed..
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 6:20:43 AM EDT
[#18]
They just opened a new store up here.  I checked it out and thought their selection and prices pretty much sucked, now I know why.  It's a store for stuffed shirt "sportsmen" and liberals.  Glad I didn't spend any money there and be damned if I ever do.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:01:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Gander Mountain went to shit several years ago when they got out of the catalog order business, leaving the market to Cabelas. Both company's prices subsequently rose, and now it's rare to find a good deal at either.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 4:29:08 PM EDT
[#20]
I haven't been to the Wilmot, WI store in a while but my buddy still goes there quite a bit, That store at least has some very good, knowledgable people working behind the gun counter. Some of the best I've come across.  I don't know what their policies are like now though.  Oh well, there's plenty of places to go besides them. And I will let them know that!

--fireguy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top