Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/2/2002 8:55:41 AM EDT
Hey, you guys, after reading the posts about Bulletfest, I just got to thinking, Does anyone know what the situation was on the Pease River?

Were there exploded propane bottles left out?

Was there any trash left on the banks or the flood plain?

[b]I need to know quickly, 'cause if there was, I will be in very very deep doo-doo![/b]

[size=4][b]I'm talking US Corps of Engineers doo-doo![/b][/size=4]

I'm talking about 'small town gossip' doo-doo!

I'm talking about farmer/tenant breach of lease doo-doo!

Let me know immediately by cell phone, IM, or e-mail!

If the River's a mess, just tell me. I'll take care of it!

Eric The(Worried)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 9:01:08 AM EDT
[#1]
You mean before, or after the Hun-a-thon????
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 9:04:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 9:06:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Lord, [b]DonR[/b], I know what it looked like before the Hun-a-Thon!

Hell, everybody and their brother knows what it looked like before the Hun-a-Thon! That includes the Sheriff, the Game Warden, the US Corps of Engineers, the tenant who leases the Farm for cultivation and cattle grazing!

I'm afraid of what it may look like today!

Have no doubt, it will be cleaned and they will send me the bill!

Unless I get there first!

[b]Now, anyone who was there, do I need to go???????[/b]

Eric The(I'veGotABadFeelingOnThisOne,Sarge)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 9:07:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Road Trip???
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 9:09:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Hit it Hun, If you are asking the question, you know the answer..

Ben
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 9:16:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hit it Hun, If you are asking the question, you know the answer..

Ben
View Quote

You and [b]DonR[/b] surely have [u]that[/u] right!

Well, if it's like I think it's going to be, we'd better add propane bottles to the list of banned items at the Hun's Son of a Gun Shoot, or, as [b]Jarhead_22[/b] calls it, Oktoberfest!

Eric The(Crap!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 9:42:41 AM EDT
[#7]
If it's all right with everyone, I'm gonna leave this thread tacked until at least Wed. morning, just in case I don't have to make this 500 mile round trip...

Eric The(CleanlinessIs[b]NextToGodliness[/b]WithSome,But[b]NextToImpossible[/b]WithOthers)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 11:12:53 AM EDT
[#8]
When I was there Saturday afternoon there were probably forty various "thngs" in the riverbed.  Propane bottles, cans, fire extinguisher etc.  Mostly metal type trash.

Don't know about Sunday.

I'll volunteer to go clean the river this holiday/weekend if you want help.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 11:29:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes, [b]Arock[/b], that's what I was afraid of, that there would be a lot of metal in the river, and cardboard around the banks.

Thank you for your offer to go out there with me to clean up, but REALERIC's already said he would help if necessary!

Thanks to [b]mojo[/b], too, who called to offer his help in the cleanup.

[b]We should always remember to leave the area that we shoot in as clean as when we found it![/b]

If we applied that principle to everything in our lives, think how few unwanted pregnancies there would be![:D]

Eric The(JustJoking)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 11:39:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Offer still stands. Probably end up being fun.

Miz Arock and the kids are in Louisiana this week so I'm free to help.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 12:18:57 PM EDT
[#11]
IM and I can help as well.  Don't want the HUN in DEEP TROUBLE.

frisco
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 12:41:44 PM EDT
[#12]
ETH,

How about in October we focus on just bringing Steel plates/gongs for targets.  Keep trash at a minimum and have a hard stop time on shooting so we can schedule a clean-up (Maybe even each day before sundown.)

I did leave with a trash bag and 2 boxes full.  All from the shooting line under the tarp and field.  

I did have a great time.  You are a most generous host.

frisco
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 2:00:00 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm available this weekend to "keep the peace on the Pease".

I agree with Arock's description on the river bed's current condition.
We picked up the trash on the upper banks (mostly fireworks mortar tubes) on Sat night after the fireworks.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 2:06:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 2:06:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 2:29:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 2:47:47 PM EDT
[#17]
This is beginning to sound like another lame excuse for a party...

I'm OK with that!!

[:D][:D][:D]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 2:53:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Here ya go, guys:

[img]http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/wma/wmarea/matadorimages/peaseriver.jpg[/img]

Glad I could help.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 4:53:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Hun, remember it's only about an hour and a half away for me, i can go check and clean if need be this weekend. Just say the word, more than eager to help... fullclip
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 5:05:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Hun, remember it's only about an hour and a half away for me, i can go check and clean if need be this weekend. Just say the word, more than eager to help... fullclip
View Quote

My dear friend, what an excellent offer you have made! I can assure you that such an offer will [u]never[/u] be forgotten.

It is, however, too much to permit you to do by yourself. Let me take care of it this time, as I believe that I can find some young folks to take care of the problem for us without much trouble.

If I need any additional help, I will be certain to stop by Archer City to pick you up!

Just IM or e-mail me a telephone number and I'll let you know if I'm coming or not!

Eric The(LordIHaveBeenBlessedWithFriends!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 5:12:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 5:29:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Post from ilikelegs -
I want to be in charge of the river next shoot to clean it up.
View Quote

Done!

You are in charge of the River Crew for the [b]OktoberHunFest![/b]

Thanks!

Eric The(Delegating)Hun[>]:)]  
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 5:42:42 PM EDT
[#23]
ETH,

I would like to offer my services as Range Officer, HFVFD Firefighter, and Medic for the upcoming Oktoberfest! With enough lead time, we may be able to bring Mrs. Wiggy out along with our son. I make no promises but she loves to camp out. We'll see.

Another heartfelt thank you for your hospitality from bith if the Wiggy's.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 6:51:43 PM EDT
[#24]
ETH - I'm off work for the next three days and I drive a truck - won't have to pack the trash in the passenger compartments of our vehicles [b]LIKE WE HAD TO LAST SUNDAY[/b].  I love to drive, so if need be, just let me know.  Home addy is [email protected].

I volunteer to be in charge of "reminding" folks who are lax in their cleanup efforts.

Shooter bozo: "It's clean enough - forget that stuff."

Tate:  "Who said that?  Who the fuck said that?  Who's the slimy little communist shit twinkle-toed cocksucker down here, who just signed his own death warrant?  Nobody, huh?!  The fairy fucking godmother said it!  Out-fucking-standing!..........."  [:D]

"God has a hard-on for the shooters at ETH's place if we don't pick up all the trash we see!  He plays His games, we play ours!  To show our appreciation for such a cool place to shoot, we keep heaven packed with neatly filled trash bags!  God was here before the ETH shoots!  So you can give your heart to Jesus, but your ass belongs to the Clean Up Crew!  Do you ladies understand?"  [:D]

Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:17:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Post from Tate -
I volunteer to be in charge of "reminding" folks who are lax in their cleanup efforts.
View Quote

You, my friend, are the [b]Supervisor of the Hun Farm Ground Crew[/b] and will be in charge of [u]all[/u] matters relating to cleaning up the mess!

What you say, goes.

I'll handle the cleanup this time, you may handle it for us in October!

Eric The(Thankful)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:24:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Tate:  "Who said that?  Who the fuck said that?  Who's the slimy little communist shit twinkle-toed cocksucker down here, who just signed his own death warrant?  Nobody, huh?!  The fairy fucking godmother said it!  Out-fucking-standing!..........."  [:D]

"God has a hard-on for the shooters at ETH's place if we don't pick up all the trash we see!  He plays His games, we play ours!  To show our appreciation for such a cool place to shoot, we keep heaven packed with neatly filled trash bags!  God was here before the ETH shoots!  So you can give your heart to Jesus, but your ass belongs to the Clean Up Crew!  Do you ladies understand?"  [:D]

View Quote

ROTFLMAO..."Now get down and give me 20!"[:D]

frisco
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 7:24:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

OMG...I broke something laughing....this is the hands down winner for post of the year so far.
Nice Job.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 8:01:06 AM EDT
[#28]
I know the river was trashed.  I will come this weekend and help clean up.  I do have to work this friday :(  I would really hate to see us not do the propane thing.  That was one of the best things I did all weekend.  I'll be with ilikelegs and patrol the river.  I'll personally be responsible for keepeing it cleaned if we can continue to have fun there like we did this past weekend.  I feel terrible about the way we left it, and I promise we won't let that ever happen again.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 10:53:32 AM EDT
[#29]
I just knew that [b]Tate[/b] was the right man for the job of [b]Supervisor of the Hun Farm Ground Crew![/b]

One, he's already 'walked the walk' when he, his father-in-law, [b]JimTwo[/b], and son, [b]Jake[/b], stayed and helped the Hun put all things in order.

And, Two, as we now see, he can 'talk the talk'!

I pity the poor fool that dares to litter at the [b]OktoberHunFest![/b]

Heh-heh-heh![:D]

Eric The(He'llThinkHeDiedAndWokeUpInHell!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 11:35:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 11:36:00 AM EDT
[#31]
I will ride up there with you guys to help clean up (ETH, Mojo, Arock, Badd_Bradd,???). I need a ride though.

Although I did not shoot much there, and never got to see the river, or propane explosions, I would like to go anyway-- should be fun, and don't have any real plans... I am off Thursday and Friday, but we are trying to get together and have a little party here in the DFW area for the 4th.

If there's time, can we also get a little target shooting in while up there again?

Party Link:
[url]http://www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?id=128842[/url]
or
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=128842[/url]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 11:39:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Does anyone have access to recent satellite photos to check out the status of the river?

What are the GPS coordinates?
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 11:40:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I think you know I would offer to come up there and help if I wasn't so darned far away...
View Quote

I know that for certain, my friend!

You can count on that! And I hope you know that you may always count on me, as well.

Eric The(Serious)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 11:56:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 11:59:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 12:01:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 12:03:40 PM EDT
[#37]
What is the plan-- who wants to pick me up???
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 2:37:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Eric,
BTW, there was another group out there that was not with us.  They were about 100-200 yards down on our left as you stand at the cliff and look out over the river bed.  Don't take heat for something that we didn't do.  All that was left on our part was about 20 propane bottles.  When I went out there Sat morn, many of them were already mostly buried in the sand, so by now, all of them may be buried.  I realize that that's no excuse, and I'm really embarassed that we left it that way, but hopefully, you won't get in trouble.
[:(]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 6:32:05 PM EDT
[#39]
I got my telephone call from my great aunt this afternoon telling me that our tenant had called and left her a message about the shape that we left the Farm in!

Nothing was said about the River, he was just complaining about shattered clays, shotgun wads, etc., around the fields by the cabin.

I don't think he's been down by the River and, since the area got about two inches of rain today, I doubt he goes down to the River!

So anyway, there is no need to go back to the Farm this weekend. He's already seen whatever he could see by the cabin, and anything he may see by the River will be pure luck.

I am going sometime next week, during the week, so I'll probably just take REALERIC with me.

The thought of those propane bottles in the River just pains the crap outta me! I've got to go gather them up and pitch them elsewhere.

Thanks for all your offers of help and assistance! They were much appreciated!

BTW, I still am going to put together a Water Project Crew and a Cabin Finish Out Crew sometime soon!

I know you'll all be eager to join up![:D]

Eric The(Taskmaster)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 7:50:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Hun, unless something crazy --like a job interview-- comes up next week, I'd be glad to go along for the clean up. Keep me posted.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:08:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 4:06:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Not to worry, everyone, I wouldn't think about going to the Farm now without my road crew!

Have a Safe(?) and Happy Fourth of July!

Miz Hun and I are going to drive down to Austin and then Fredericksburg.

Got to see my 'German cousins'![:D]

Eric The(Traveling)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 10:57:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
BTW, I still am going to put together a Water Project Crew and a Cabin Finish Out Crew sometime soon!

I know you'll all be eager to join up![:D]

Eric The(Taskmaster)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Have Mitre-Box, circular saw, and hammer.... Will travel [:)]
Are we gonna install heat exchangers and AC too? [:)]

Miz Hun and I are going to drive down to Austin and then Fredericksburg.
View Quote

I'm going down next weekend, please let me know what the water level is like on the Padernales (sp?) if you happen to cross it.
Have fun!
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 3:11:24 PM EDT
[#44]
[b]Boomholzer[/b], the Perdanales River was cresting about 4-6 feet over flood stage.

That's the bad news.

The good news is that it's probably back to normal, already! [:D]

Eric The(Soaked)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 6:32:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Well look who's back.

How about a report on New Braunfels??

See any water???
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 6:57:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Sorry, [b]Arock[/b], but couldn't get close enough to New Braunfels to see if there was a lot of water there! [:D]

But I heard there was!

Someone was using the Schlitterbahn to get outta town!

That's a joke, Son, that's a joke![:D]

Eric The(StonewallWasAsCloseAsICouldGet!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 7:01:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 8:04:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 4:35:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Hey Eric, You were only 10 or so miles from the range where I put on matches , when you were in Stonewall. Look me up next time your around!
View Quote

Will do, Iron Mike![:D]

Eric The(Traveling)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 7:30:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Nothing was said about the River, he was just complaining about shattered clays, shotgun wads, etc., around the fields by the cabin.
View Quote

Dang, Eric, I'm REALLY sorry to hear this.

Myself, Zachary, and Jim two didn't create the piles of busted clays up in the grass, but we were the only ones that I saw shooting clays "normally" - with shotguns.  Most of the clays and wads in the field were definitely from us.  We picked up our hulls (and everybody's hulls), but we didn't think about the wads since when out at a range or in the woods, you don't normally police wads.  It would have been easy to get them out in that clean field; I'm sorry we didn't think.

As for the clays, I have always thought of them as pottery, or a rock - the orange painted side is unsightly, though.  I think the best bet would be to prohibit shooting clays - too hard to clean up.  It's up to you, of course.

Let me know when there's work/cleanup to be done out there.

Really sorry again,

Tate
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top