Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2012 9:32:15 PM EDT
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2102729/Mentally-ill-woman-spend-life-prison-killing-pregnant-friend-ripping-unborn-baby-womb.html

A Kentucky woman has pleaded guilty but mentally ill to killing an expectant mother and ripping her unborn baby from the womb.
Kathy Coy of Morgantown entered the plea on murder, capital kidnapping and kidnapping on Friday morning while family and friends of the victim, 21-year-old Jamie Stice, looked on, wearing pink ribbons.
Ms Stice's baby boy named Isaiah survived the attack although he was born prematurely in the violent attack. He's now learning to walk, beginning to talk and bears a bittersweet resemblance to the slain woman.

Coy, who had shown little emotion in previous hearings, cried and shook her head Friday as a prosecutor read the evidence against her. Her slight, high-pitched voice shook with emotion as she entered her plea to murder, capital kidnapping and kidnapping. She wore an orange jail jumpsuit and leg irons.
'The brutality of it is like nothing any of us have ever seen,' Warren County Commonwealth's Attorney Chris Cohron said afterward.
Cohron said he would have sought the death penalty if Coy had been convicted at trial.
Police had said Coy and Stice were Facebook friends. Stice's mutilated body was found off a dirt road in southern Kentucky on April 14, a day after she had been seen leaving her home with Coy. Police arrested Coy at a local hospital after she arrived with the infant but showed no signs of having given birth.
Psychologist Eric Drogin testified briefly before the plea was entered. Drogin said he met with the 33-year-old Coy as recently as this week and that she suffers from a mental illness.
During a hearing in April, Kentucky State Police detective Chad Winn testified that Coy had lured Stice out of her home by telling her they were going shopping for baby supplies.
After killing Stice and stealing the baby boy, Coy drove to the home of a friend and said she had given birth to the baby, Winn said.
The friend told troopers that Coy was in a car, wearing no pants and sitting on the placenta while holding the baby, who had grass on him.
The friend called for an ambulance after helping to clean the baby and taking a picture of the newborn. At the hospital on April 13, Coy brought in a uterus, ovaries and placenta with umbilical cord still attached, along with the baby, Winn said.
Coy initially insisted she gave birth to the boy, then told police she bought the baby for $550, Winn said.
Police searched Coy's home and computer, finding links to two pregnant women on her Facebook page. Investigators found one of the women unharmed, but couldn't find Stice.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2102729/Mentally-ill-woman-spend-life-prison-killing-pregnant-friend-ripping-unborn-baby-womb.html#ixzz1miF3e6A9

Even some mentally ill people should still face the death penalty, no matter their plea deal...
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:34:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, I needed to read that right before bed...
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:38:09 PM EDT
[#2]
oh man....

you know, I would love to kill her.  Honestly, I would fucking like to kill that bitch. Maybe I'm just drunk, maybe because I have kids, but regardless, I would like to be the person that gets to kill that cunt.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:50:32 PM EDT
[#3]
As a father of two beautiful girls and husband to a beautiful wife, mentally ill or not that person should never see the inside of a jail cell.  These cases are exactly why we have the death penalty, crimes so horrific that they scar the soul.  People like that should not get to live out their lives being fed, cared for and PROTECTED by the state, paid for by the people whose lives they shattered.

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:53:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I worked with a guy that had this happen to his sister. Ravenna, Ohio several years ago.

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:53:48 PM EDT
[#5]
How is the Daily Mail the only good online paper anymore?

Plus - I love the beach shots.

(But, seriously, it's a good paper.)
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:54:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 10:07:06 PM EDT
[#7]
"MACDUFF:
Despair thy charm;
And let the angel whom thou still hast served
Tell thee, Macduff was from his mother's womb
Untimely ripped."

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 10:09:18 PM EDT
[#8]
The fuck is wrong with people!?
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 10:11:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The fuck is wrong with people!?

1/8th to 1/6th of the female population on prescription meds every waking hour of their life???

Just a guess.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 4:41:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I worked with a guy that had this happen to his sister. Ravenna, Ohio several years ago.  

Yeap I was living in Kent when that happened

Link Posted: 2/18/2012 4:45:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Take her out back and put a bullet in the back of her useless head.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 4:56:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2102729/Mentally-ill-woman-spend-life-prison-killing-pregnant-friend-ripping-unborn-baby-womb.html

A Kentucky woman has pleaded guilty but mentally ill to killing an expectant mother and ripping her unborn baby from the womb.
Kathy Coy of Morgantown entered the plea on murder, capital kidnapping and kidnapping on Friday morning while family and friends of the victim, 21-year-old Jamie Stice, looked on, wearing pink ribbons.
Ms Stice's baby boy named Isaiah survived the attack although he was born prematurely in the violent attack. He's now learning to walk, beginning to talk and bears a bittersweet resemblance to the slain woman.

Coy, who had shown little emotion in previous hearings, cried and shook her head Friday as a prosecutor read the evidence against her. Her slight, high-pitched voice shook with emotion as she entered her plea to murder, capital kidnapping and kidnapping. She wore an orange jail jumpsuit and leg irons.
'The brutality of it is like nothing any of us have ever seen,' Warren County Commonwealth's Attorney Chris Cohron said afterward.
Cohron said he would have sought the death penalty if Coy had been convicted at trial.
Police had said Coy and Stice were Facebook friends. Stice's mutilated body was found off a dirt road in southern Kentucky on April 14, a day after she had been seen leaving her home with Coy. Police arrested Coy at a local hospital after she arrived with the infant but showed no signs of having given birth.
Psychologist Eric Drogin testified briefly before the plea was entered. Drogin said he met with the 33-year-old Coy as recently as this week and that she suffers from a mental illness.
During a hearing in April, Kentucky State Police detective Chad Winn testified that Coy had lured Stice out of her home by telling her they were going shopping for baby supplies.
After killing Stice and stealing the baby boy, Coy drove to the home of a friend and said she had given birth to the baby, Winn said.
The friend told troopers that Coy was in a car, wearing no pants and sitting on the placenta while holding the baby, who had grass on him.
The friend called for an ambulance after helping to clean the baby and taking a picture of the newborn. At the hospital on April 13, Coy brought in a uterus, ovaries and placenta with umbilical cord still attached, along with the baby, Winn said.
Coy initially insisted she gave birth to the boy, then told police she bought the baby for $550, Winn said.
Police searched Coy's home and computer, finding links to two pregnant women on her Facebook page. Investigators found one of the women unharmed, but couldn't find Stice.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2102729/Mentally-ill-woman-spend-life-prison-killing-pregnant-friend-ripping-unborn-baby-womb.html#ixzz1miF3e6A9

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/04/20/article-1378668-0BB3870400000578-505_634x542.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/02/17/article-2102729-11C9B615000005DC-634_634x530.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/04/15/article-1377375-0BA5934600000578-805_306x423.jpg

Even some mentally ill people should still face the death penalty, no matter their plea deal...

My old man was a psychiatrist.  My brother is a mental health counselor.  They both, suprisingly, agree with this sentiment.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top