Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2001 6:51:46 PM EDT
A damn good friend of mine owns a local book store that is going out of buisness. He has a ton of 1st edition Sci-Fi books with review slips, and other collectible books.
He is having me do all of them on e-bay (The whole damn store), but I thought i'd give you dorks here on AR15 first crack.

So,,,,

If there is anything SPECIFIC you want as far as first editions or reader copys of anything Sci-Fi or otherwise,

(No gun books. I repeat. I already got all the good gun books. (Including a 1st Edition of "Sixguns" [:D] )

post what you want here, or e-mail me
[email protected]

Mostly fiction, but lots of everything.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 6:57:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Anything by J.R.R. Tolkien, John Steinbeck, Herman Wouk, Gordon R. Dickson, Douglas Adams, Tom Clancy(bet you got 'em), Jack London, Rudyard Kipling, Isaac Asimov, Aurthur C. Clarke, Orson Scott Card. I'll take 'em if I don't got 'em. E-mail me if you've got these, McLibrarian, or just post it, and I'll eet you know how many of what I can take.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 7:00:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Brother Jug-

Dude, it is an entire book STORE!

Yeah, he has all of that X 10. If there is any specific titles, or if you are serious about wanting "any of it", e-mail.

Just firsts, or reader copies?
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 7:01:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh yeah.

He has some pretty $$$ Orson Scott Card.

Make sure to e-mail me with wants.

SERIOUS DISCOUNTS FROM LIST PRICE FOR AR15.com'ers going through me to buy!!
I get a comission, and I am really lowering prices. He has to be out of the shop in 3 months, so everything must go.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 7:02:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Forgot, Greg Bear, Ben Bova, And I think, a dude named Benford, also in Sci fi. They wrote books with "foundation" in the title, especially those. Thanks, McUzi. I'll owe you if you've got 'em. Oh. and definitely Christopher Tolkien, and H.G. Wells, and C.S. Lewis. Is going by Author a bad thing, do you need titles? I'd try to make a list, but I'm interested in most anything that any of these authors have.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 7:03:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Brother Jug-

Dude, it is an entire book STORE!

Yeah, he has all of that X 10. If there is any specific titles, or if you are serious about wanting "any of it", e-mail.

Just firsts, or reader copies?
View Quote

OK, OK, I'll tone it down to titles. I'll get a list and e-mail you with it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 7:03:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I have been searching everywhere for Dan Simmon's "Phases of Gravity".  You would be my hero. [:)]
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 7:05:00 PM EDT
[#7]
OH S*IT!

He has a TON! of Ben Bova firsts!!

I remember that for sure. And I am 100% sure that he has all the others too.

If you are 100% serious about spending real $$$, i'll get a list together
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 7:19:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
OH S*IT!

He has a TON! of Ben Bova firsts!!

I remember that for sure. And I am 100% sure that he has all the others too.

If you are 100% serious about spending real $$$, i'll get a list together
View Quote

I am, but there's only one Ben's that I'm after, the Foundation book. Same with Bear and Benford. One of them is "Foundation's Fear". I'll definitely buy those ones. ANY of Christopher Tolkien's books on The Lord of the Rings, all of those. Some of Azimov's "Foundation" books except Prelude to Foundation. Ender's Game, Ender's Shadow. I don't know if I can afford firsts on all of them, but I'll try, if not readers will be fine with some. Firsts of "East of Eden" by Steinbeck, ANY Gordon R. Dick son except "wolf and Iron" and most of the "Dragon" series, I have about half. Need "Dragon in Lyonnesse" and "Dragon and the Djinn". Aurthur C. Clark firsts, including 3001 and 2001(readers would work too). There are more, but I have dibs on these. I'll figure out what else my money can stand. Maybe nothing more than this, so be warned.

Thanks, McUzi.

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 8:09:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 8:37:30 PM EDT
[#10]
McUzi-
I would consider this Non-Fiction, but it's probably considered fiction by most:
[b]The Ultimate Frontier[/b] by [b]Eklal Kueshana[/b].
I would especially want one from the 1960's, an earlier edition.

Please let me know if he's got such a thing...
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 8:46:30 PM EDT
[#11]
hey if your going McShoplifting at the local barnes & nobel, can you pick me up any of those pop-up books. i really like how they open into 3D[:P]

McWiseass.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 8:57:11 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm interested in reading the series about the Polish engineer who is transported back in time to medieval Poland and uses his technical know-how to prepare the Polish kingdom to fight an impending invasion of barbarians.  I forget the author's name though....aha!  it's called "The Cross-Time Engineer (The Adventures of Conrad Stargard)" by Leo Frankowski.  Ask your friend if he has any of those books, McUzi.  I'll buy them.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 9:27:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 9:32:44 PM EDT
[#14]
I want the original text of the Necronomicon by Abdul Alhazred, not the Lovecraft reprint. That is all for now.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 10:09:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 7:56:24 AM EDT
[#16]
I just printed this thread, and checked my e-mail,

so I am going there today.

I will either post here or e-mail you personally of what he's got.
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 10:32:32 AM EDT
[#17]

ShadowRun!

also any gun books?
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 1:46:13 PM EDT
[#18]
I''lll btt this only once more.

Sorry if it is getting annoying.
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 2:02:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Hey anything by spider robinson first copies great but i would take readers copies too.
let me know
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 2:26:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Bee Tee Tee
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 2:28:36 PM EDT
[#21]
does he have any of those McPOP-UP books. each page becomes Mc3D
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 2:55:45 PM EDT
[#22]

Does he have a 1st of Mary Shelley's book,
              "FRANKENSTEIN"! ?
Considered by some the first great SCIFI.

I probably couldn't afford it, but just curious.

Sounds like an awesome bookstore. Hate to see these type of small businesses close down.

McFly.. the publishing magnate... who would have ever thought. :)
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 8:09:36 PM EDT
[#23]
I was wondering if you would have any or all of the John Norman "Gor" books.  I think I read one of those a very long time ago and they are out of print now.
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 4:47:36 AM EDT
[#24]
I would be interested in any books by H. Beam Piper.

hazmat
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 9:45:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Wish I did, but for me its movies
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 1:41:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I was wondering if you would have any or all of the John Norman "Gor" books.  I think I read one of those a very long time ago and they are out of print now.
View Quote

"Timeslave" and "Ghostdance"- $6.00 ea + Ship
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 2:38:45 PM EDT
[#27]
The "Riverworld" series by Phillip Jose Farmer

Also trying to find a old Sci Fi book from 1958
don't know author  title is "The Gods Hate Kansas"

Grin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top