Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2012 8:31:33 AM EDT
http://news.yahoo.com/house-passes-payroll-tax-cut-jobless-benefit-bill-164225467.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Republican-controlled House of Representatives has passed a bill renewing a payroll tax cut for 160 million workers and jobless benefits for millions more, backing the main items on President Barak Obama's jobs agenda in a rare burst of bipartisanship.

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 8:37:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 8:38:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
http://news.yahoo.com/house-passes-payroll-tax-cut-jobless-benefit-bill-164225467.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Republican-controlled House of Representatives has passed a bill renewing a payroll tax cut for 160 million workers and jobless benefits for millions more, backing the main items on President Barak Obama's jobs agenda in a rare burst of bipartisanship.

I like the way they worded this.  It makes it appear that Obama is the one that always compromises; but the opposite is true.  Obama's idea of a compromise is when you agree to everything he asks for.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 8:38:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Cue up the vid from Judge Andrew Napolitano.  I think he's right.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 8:40:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like the way they worded this.  It makes it appear that Obama is the one that always compromises; but the opposite is true.  Obama's idea of a compromise is when you agree to everything he asks for.

Especially since the Reps initially said they wanted a 12mo extension back in December. obama would have none of it then...this is why. It's all about setting up media plays.

And of all the freaking tax cuts they could give...they pick the most detrimental one...what fucktards...

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 8:42:24 AM EDT
[#5]
It's like they think we were just busting balls in 2010.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 8:43:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Republican-controlled House of Representatives has passed a bill renewing a payroll tax cut for 160 million workers and jobless benefits for millions more, backing the main items on President Barak Obama's jobs agenda in a rare burst of bipartisanship yet another case of financial suicide.

And another poster above correctly noted that the left engages in "Soviet negotiations" i.e. "What is mine is mine.  What is yours is negotiable."

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 8:44:58 AM EDT
[#7]
What else did they pass with it?

The last payroll tax cut added a charge to fannie mae and freddie mac mortgages to 'pay' for the cut.

They divert your attention with one issue and slip something else in.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 8:46:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Well, you have to pass it to see what's in it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 8:49:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, you have to pass it to see what's in it.

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 8:51:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Boehner is a fucking coward, that worthless fake and baked crybaby needs to go!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top