Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/16/2012 7:17:14 PM EDT
Knowing damn good and well they lived like a sinner, raised hell, and was far from being a Christian?
, just sitting here talking about this with buddy. We lost a friend a few months ago. I knew this guy very well.
he was a party animal, got into tons of trouble, lived like he was a rockstar....If the bible is correct, and hearing preachers
talk about living for god.....He is sitting his ass in hell right now,

We have another friend who is hardcore Christian and even
he was saying "he's in a better place" My and my other buddy are saying "no man, according to YOU and your beliefs, he is
hating the afterlife right now"  

He got mad at us.....guess this bottle of Jack wasn't helping the chit-chat  

I just thought the chit was funny...sick, buzzed humor.....
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 7:18:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 7:20:11 PM EDT
[#2]
You may get to see him, if you choose the same path
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 7:23:13 PM EDT
[#3]
technically, if your friend wasn't a believer his soul is in Hades now, a holding place.
Not pleasant by any means, Hell is the final stop after Judgment

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 7:24:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Actually it comes from two ideas:

1) Judge not that ye be not judged. (Although it should read judge not unrighteously, since you have to make judgements all the time)

2) Pagan belief in not speaking ill of the dead.

Almost forgot, since lots of 'Christians' also believe in deathbed repentance they believe you can be forgiving by repentng at the last minute of all the evil you have done.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 7:28:53 PM EDT
[#5]
No democrats in heaven, otherwise it wouldn't be heaven.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 7:30:34 PM EDT
[#6]
This is where the idea of purgatory comes from. A place to cleanse the soul of someone who while not a saint was not a Hitler or Stalin. Just because one sins does not condemn them to hell for eternity.

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 7:36:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I thought when we died we went to the spaceship like independance day....
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 7:42:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

all it takes is an "I'm sorry" at the end and it all goes away like it never happened.....
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:00:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I would love to scan and post a Heavy Metal cartoon from my collection that explains this, but ya know,, the CoC.

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:05:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Most people try to make up everything as they go along and are willing to lie to themselves and others since the truth makes them uncomfortable.
http://kgov.com/bel/20110426
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:05:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

all it takes is an "I'm sorry" at the end and it all goes away like it never happened.....
Actually not quite. It takes "sincere" remorse and asking for forgiveness  from god. You think he is that stupid?

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:23:03 PM EDT
[#13]
If you really want to discover the true meaning of life all you have to do is check in with Arfcom.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:23:46 PM EDT
[#14]
It amazes me you can be a evil walking talking peice of shit but as longs as you really really feel bad about it and pay the right people in the in end you can have your pie in the sky to.  Organized religion has turned god into nothing more than a common whore.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:26:35 PM EDT
[#15]
There are some people who think they'll go to heaven,  but I can assure you,  my version of heaven would not BE heaven if they were there!

Heaven must have some means of dividing people from others that may have made it there due to technically being observant of all the right rules,

but are incompatible with each other for a variety of reasons.

My section of heaven would contain no holy rollers or libtards.
CJ
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:27:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Knowing damn good and well they lived like a sinner, raised hell, and was far from being a Christian?

, just sitting here talking about this with buddy. We lost a friend a few months ago. I knew this guy very well.

he was a party animal, got into tons of trouble, lived like he was a rockstar....If the bible is correct, and hearing preachers

he was saying "he's in a better place" My and my other buddy are saying "no man, according to YOU and your beliefs, he is

You could educate yourself on a given topic before running your cockholster, but then this wouldn't be Arfcom GD...would it?

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:28:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Michael Jackson.....went to Hell.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:40:02 PM EDT
[#18]
IBTL
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:42:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Since so many religions believe that if you are not a part of that religion, you will go to hell, makes me realize that no one goes to heaven. Because no body is every religion right?
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:43:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:47:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

If he was jumping into sin without any remorse, I'd question if he was ever saved.  Your friend should have questioned it as well before he passed.

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:57:50 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Allegedly...

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 9:27:04 PM EDT
[#23]
There's certainly people in this thread I wouldn't want to spend eternity w/.  If they're going to heaven, I'll go to Texas.

Gig 'em,

backbencher
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 9:28:42 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Allegedly...

Fuck, dude, he's HERE....I've seen him!!

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 9:41:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1.  That is what I am counting on.  We all sin.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 10:15:06 PM EDT
[#26]
The bible tells us that all have sinned and fallen short of God’s standards. Adultery, Covetousness, Hatred, Greed…on and on it goes.
No one will stand before God forgiven based on simply saying “sorry” or doing a few extra “good things” in the attempt to balance out the bad in their life.
At the end of the life our sins must be atoned for the penalty paid….sacrifice given.

Jesus Christ stands as the sinners atonement…our penalty was placed upon him…by his wounds we are healed.
Those who stand forgiven before God will be those who repent of sin place their faith in Jesus.
The wages or payment of sin is death both physical and spiritual (seperation from God)…but the gift of God is life through Jesus Christ.
Hell will not be a party filled with a continuation of the sins we “enjoy” in this life…but an eternity filled with the understanding that our sins will never satisfy.
The sins that filled ones life will leave them in an empty eternity.

The good news is that salvation is not a religious system of effort but the free gift of God.
For those who seek first the kingdom of God he gives us the promise that “I will come again and receive you unto myself that where I am there you will be also.”
The message of Jesus to the sinner is simple "repent and believe the Gosple"
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 10:48:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Because they Repent in the end?

Further, about being a Christian; I cannot accept that those who believe in one God, who follow a philosophy of good, but who are not Christians are damned to hell. Now, of course, the clergy would probably disagree with me, but that's what I believe.

On a side point, had an interesting talk with a priest at a wedding once. The scriptures only mention two kinds of Angels, angels and archangels, yet there other ranks known, such as thrones and cherubs. What's the reason behind the difference? The later is from the mythology.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 12:05:01 AM EDT
[#28]

It is not about me and my sin (if I have one sin, I am a sinner), but about Him and his sinless life.

Only way to the Father is through the Son...

John 14:6
I am not a fan of death-bed conversions. I have a hard time accepting that I can live my life as bad as I want to. And at the end of my terrible life, say I am sorry and everything is OK. I believe that a death-bed conversion is accepting God on or with my conditions (I'll do what I want to and make it right when I want to). I must do things His way.

I am not saying that all death-bed conversions are fake. We know that the thief on the cross was forgiven but I do not believe that we can demand it! But mercy and grace are God's business, not mine!
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 12:07:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Because no one wants to think that their late family member or friend was an evil sinner who will burn in hell according to their belief system.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 12:08:20 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Further, about being a Christian; I cannot accept that those who believe in one God, who follow a philosophy of good, but who are not Christians are damned to hell. Now, of course, the clergy would probably disagree with me, but that's what I believe.

On a side point, had an interesting talk with a priest at a wedding once. The scriptures only mention two kinds of Angels, angels and archangels, yet there other ranks known, such as thrones and cherubs. What's the reason behind the difference? The later is from the mythology.

I just taught/preached my congregation the doctrine of angels a few months ago. Here is what I remember of the top of my head.

There are 3 types of angels mention in the Bible; Cherubim, Seraphim and Archangels (Michael & Gabriel). A 4th type "Angel of God/the Lord" is mentioned 77 times. A 5th type of angel (guardian angel or watcher over the elect) is mentioned two or three times.

The last type mentioned are the Fallen Angels.

Angel means messenger and archangel means Chief messenger.

Not trying to be a bonehead, just trying to share a little info...

Thanks,

Amos1909
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 12:41:23 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

It is not following a philosophy of good that allows the entrance into Heaven. A person can call themself a Christian and still go to Hell. The name or work is not what gets you to Heaven.

As a pastor, I do lots of good things but I am still a sinner. My good doings/works (without Christ) are still filthy and dirty to God. It is belief (faith) that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and a belief that His righteousness allows me as a sinner to enter into the Family of God.

I am nothing without Christ but through Christ, I am God's Child.
Not trying to be preachy and I am sorry if it comes across that way.

Thanks,

Amos1909
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 12:51:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Nirvana for me.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 12:59:43 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Because no one wants to think that their late family member or friend was an evil sinner who will burn in hell according to their belief system.

This has a lot of truth in it. It is hard to officiate a funeral where most believe that the loved one died and went to Hell.

As a pastor, you have to be very careful of what you say. I have seen fights break out over someone making the remark "he is in Hell".
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 6:57:23 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This has a lot of truth in it. It is hard to officiate a funeral where most believe that the loved one died and went to Hell.

As a pastor, you have to be very careful of what you say. I have seen fights break out over someone making the remark "he is in Hell".

Maybe the world could do with a new "clerical" position, the Speaker For The Dead.

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 7:03:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Well...actually right now everybody who's dead is just that: dead.
No one has risen to be judges and all that, if you subscribe to Christianity.
So aside from Elisha (or is it Elijah), Moses, and anyone else who the bible says rose up into heaven, the dead are chilling in the ground, souls on standby so to speak.

Your friend/brother/grandma/etc. aren't in heaven or hell right now, according to what I know about the christian faith.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 7:05:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Allegedly...

He hasn't been judged yet.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 7:07:15 AM EDT
[#37]
But like somebody else posted, would you rather hear about the deceased burning in hell at their funeral, or that they're in a "better place"?
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 7:08:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 7:35:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe the world could do with a new "clerical" position, the Speaker For The Dead.

Those poor buggers.  Ender should speak for them.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 7:36:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
But like somebody else posted, would you rather hear about the deceased burning in hell at their funeral, or that they're in a "better place"?

Exactly.

It's just a polite platitude - like telling pregnant women they look great.  

You and your wife have decided not to have children, haven't you.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 7:48:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 7:51:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.

Thank god

last thing we need is more Dutch ABBA fans

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 7:52:33 AM EDT
[#43]
It all has to do with the concept of free will.

God gave us free will.  As He found out from Eve and Cain free will causes us to do all kinds of bad things. We can't help it.  Even the best of us will still lie, cheat and steal.  The worst of us will do some really bad things.

God accepts the responsibility for the actions of our free will because that is the way He made us.  He sent his Son to take the punishment for our sins.  He has relieved us of that burden.

In order to take advantage of that generous offer all you have to do is believe in Him and accept the Grace.

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 7:55:49 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly.

Some pregnant women are attractive the whole time, right up until they get the explody bit at the end.

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 7:56:09 AM EDT
[#45]
I know "All Dogs Go To Heaven", but you may want to recheck your scripture on people.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 8:08:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
technically, if your friend wasn't a believer his soul is in Hades now, a holding place.

Not pleasant by any means, Hell is the final stop after Judgment

Well, no, technically, his friend simply stopped existing and started turning into a pile of rotting meat.  But plenty of people are so terrified of death that they make up fairy tales about an "afterlife", and lots of control freaks have built on that by making up even more fairy tales about places that "good" people go and places that "bad" people go, and then the control freaks go on by making up rules to live by whereby people can be categorized into "good" or "bad", and have collected money from sheeple who get scared by the stories, and so on and so forth.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 8:19:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It all has to do with the concept of free will.

God gave us free will.  As He found out from Eve and Cain free will causes us to do all kinds of bad things. We can't help it.  Even the best of us will still lie, cheat and steal.  The worst of us will do some really bad things.

God accepts the responsibility for the actions of our free will because that is the way He made us.  He sent his Son to take the punishment for our sins.  He has relieved us of that burden.

In order to take advantage of that generous offer all you have to do is believe in Him and accept the Grace.

Watch the cartoon of "How the Grinch stole Christmas" when he accepted love into his heart it grew 3 x's as big, much like accepting Jesus into your heart.

The theif being crucified next to Christ who with his heart knew Jesus's innocense is in heaven. An evil person laying in the hospital knowing he only has hours until he dies and accepts Jesus into his mind only is probably done for.

There are parents who have lost children who were only hours old - was their love for their child any less?
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 8:36:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Everybody goes to heaven; how long you stay there depends on what you did in life. Hitler lasted about 3 minutes before he was sorted out. Details in "A World Beyond" by Ruth Montgomery. An excerpt follows:

What of a murderer who deliberately kills another for his personal gain or satisfaction? This is not a pretty story. Full of hatred or vengeance, he expects to find nothing when he passes through the door called "death", and for a long time that is usually what he finds - nothing.

He is in a state like unto death for a goodly while, until at last something arouses him, and he wakens to find out that the hell he had every reason to expect is indeed awaiting him. It is not goblins and devils that he sees, but visions of his own face distorted by hatred, greed, malice, and other defeating emotions. He cringes from the sight, realizing that he sees himself thus, that he himself was possessed of a devil, and that except for his baser nature he would have been able unaided to cast him forth.

He is appalled as he realizes that he wasted a lifetime of opportunity. Not for him is enrollment in the temple of wisdom or the higher school of learning.

This soul will stay in torment for a long, long time, until he believes himself to be totally lost. When he eventually reaches this pit of despair, he may at last cry out to God to rescue him and that wail of despair is heard by God. Other souls are sent to ease his suffering, and if his will is truly uplifted toward spiritual development, he will slowly, slowly, slowly begin to work himself upward until he has learned the penalties for taking another's life which was given by God.

When he is sufficiently strong to do so, he will accost the person whose life he took, and their reaction is such as to ring bells in paradise; for, as likely as not, the other soul has conquered self to such an extent that he has already forgiven the suffering soul who cut short his span of physical life. This forgiveness uplifts the murderer to such an extent that he is gradually able to take his place in the society of other souls and finally to learn some of the lessons of salvation.

Remember that a soul on this side, just as on your side, is never without help from God and the good souls whom God created in his own image.

Ask and ye shall receive, seek and ye shall find, knock and it will be opened unto you.

That is the law of the universe.

Ask, receive; knock, open the door of your mind and let the rays of universal love flow in.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 8:42:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
If you really want to discover the true meaning of life all you have to do is check in with Arfcom.

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 8:44:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Maybe because some of us are in hell right now?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top