Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/16/2012 5:44:17 PM EDT
I dont know how they think they are going to get away with this.

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:45:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Who says they're LE targets?
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:45:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Needs more poodle.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:45:30 PM EDT
[#3]
ATF Issue.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:45:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I really hope that's a joke.  

If not, just wait til they have the little girl with the barbie target.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:46:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

The family dog gives it away

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:46:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The Brady's use them in their videos.

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:47:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Needs more pit bull
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:48:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I like the young-mother-pushing-her-toddler-in-a-stroller target myself.

That, and the granny-with-the-walker target ....
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:48:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Well when the dogs don't obey police instructions they get what is coming to them.  Isn't that the Arfcom belief?  Seems to be the response anytime someone is roughed up by the cops.  Sit means sit!
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:52:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

You've got to post pics.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:00:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Needs more pit bull

Why? Because ignorant people sterotype them.. hell half of the attacks reported as pits turn out to be other breeds

Maybe it should be a Lab.. they bite more people a year than any other breed

As for the targets my department does not use a scoreing system that a target set up like that would work with
Can almost promise this isnt LE
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:03:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Needs more pit bull

Why? Because ignorant people sterotype them.. hell half of the attacks reported as pits turn out to be other breeds

As for the targets my department does not use a scoreing system that a target set up like that would work with

Last bite stats I saw had labs not even in the top 10 even though they are the most popular dog and outrank #2 (golden retrievers) by 3x. Also goldens are on the top 10 bite list.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:03:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You've got to post pics.

Ummmm ...... yeah ..... I'll get back to you on that ...
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:13:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:15:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Needs more pit bull

They bite more people because more people have them. Has anyone ever disregarded the number of bites from any one breed long enough to calculate a percentage? Let's throw out a number and say there are a million labs out there(I know, it's much more). Then let's say there are 10,000 bites. Now let's say there are 1000 greyhounds(we'll leave pitbull stereotypes out of it) and 325 people get bitten in the same time period. Which breed is more likely to bite you if you encounter it?
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:18:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Thoose should come with a pissed off owner that shoots back.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:18:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Needs more pit bull

Don't get your panties in a bunch. It was a joke.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:23:13 PM EDT
[#18]
I have always been curious about this.  I have read the dog bite shooting comments for a while and wonder, do you believe that a Leo should actually allow themselves to be bitten by dogs.?

Should they allow potentially rabid or diseased animals to bite or maul them rather than shoot them?

Would you allow your children to be bitten or mauled?

What solutions do you offer?
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:23:25 PM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:24:33 PM EDT
[#20]
They got chihuahuas for the SWAT guys?
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:49:57 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Needs more pit bull

needs more...you

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 7:47:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Any one here other than myself ever OC a dog... works better then killing it on a number of levels
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 7:56:28 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

We just know.

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 7:58:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:

We just know.

yeah, who else needs targets that look like family dogs?
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:10:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I have always been curious about this.  I have read the dog bite shooting comments for a while and wonder, do you believe that a Leo should actually allow themselves to be bitten by dogs.?
Should they allow potentially rabid or diseased animals to bite or maul them rather than shoot them?

No I don't think they should allow themselves to be bitten by dogs; but I do believe they should make damn sure they serve a warrant on the right freaking house.

All other answers are dependant on the first.

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:15:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

We just know.

I do.  Then again, why buy targets when the actual dogs are running around?
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:16:28 PM EDT
[#27]
first post and all...good try at the troll thread though
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:16:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Any one here other than myself ever OC a dog... works better then killing it on a number of levels

Does not work worth a goddamn.  Three attempts.  Ran over one of them with the bike.  

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:17:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

We just know.

Just make sure you break into an innocent persons house before you shoot their restrained dog.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:18:45 PM EDT
[#30]
I have a stuffed "throwdown" dog - just in case.

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:20:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

We just know.

Just make sure you break into an innocent persons house before you shoot their restrained dog.

Quit dumping your unwanted dogs around my house and I won't have to shoot them.   I suppose you think Rover is going to live a life of rainbows and butterflies in the wild?
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:22:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Knowing my dog, he would love the OC...that lil fucker will lick/eat anything.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:22:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Needs moar cat.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:32:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does not work worth a goddamn.  Three attempts.  Ran over one of them with the bike.  

Guess i had a pussy dog it rolled around and ran off with no problem
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:45:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No I don't think they should allow themselves to be bitten by dogs; but I do believe they should make damn sure they serve a warrant on the right freaking house.

All other answers are dependant on the first.

I understand.    Go ahead pick up the first stone and throw it.  

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 10:19:59 PM EDT
[#37]
And here we go again.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 11:14:22 PM EDT
[#38]
My only concern is the color of the dog,  looks a little racist to me.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 11:35:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 11:54:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 12:02:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The scoring rings don't look realistic.

Here, let me help you out OP

Relax people, its a paper target. You sound like the folks who think that shooters shouldn't have realistic human-looking targets to shoot at.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 12:04:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 12:29:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

We just know.

Family cats.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 12:32:29 AM EDT
[#44]

the black guy in the target; wasn't he on top shot or something?

He looks familiar.  

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 12:38:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 2:25:11 AM EDT
[#47]
The Chihuahua target has an extra zero after each number.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 2:29:21 AM EDT
[#48]
In.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 2:32:34 AM EDT
[#49]

Yeah, now show the whole picture, the one where she's carrying a physics textbook.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 2:34:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I dont know how they think they are going to get away with this.

http://i.imgur.com/I9cJ8.jpg

Let me guess, ate the daisies?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top