Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2012 5:32:29 PM EDT
Is it really hard to find? I read they only produced 1500 of them.

I got a guy who has 15 distributors looking into it for me now.

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:32:51 PM EDT
[#1]
fake cf for the fucking loss

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:38:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I think it's just a print.  They're not trying to fool anyone. It's not for a race car. It just looks interesting and apparently they're "rare". Better than walking around with desert camo in the suburbs.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 5:02:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Walther will have to do something to keep sales up now that the Ruger SR22 pistol is on the market in good numbers!
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 5:05:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 5:05:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You won't even notice how silly it looks after the front of the slide flies off
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 5:06:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Better than walking around with desert camo in the suburbs.

The hell you say?

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 5:07:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Better than walking around with desert camo in the suburbs.

The hell you say?

German Flecar & a black beret is even goofier!
Saw that look last weekend when I was in the big city!
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 5:08:02 AM EDT
[#8]
They can't be that rare.  I've seen the "carbon fiber" p22 multiple times in the last couple years
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 5:10:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Why would they take a photo of it when it's not even fully in battery?  That pic makes it look like it has an underbite.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 5:25:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Try contacting Florida Gun Exchange in Port Orange Fl.  I have seen one there recently they might still have it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 6:01:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Why are people still buying the P22 when so many better options are out there now?

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 6:01:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 6:05:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Ok, wtf am I missing with this "TALO edition" stuff?

I mean, it's OMG TALO edition FTW!

Whats the deal?
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 6:05:46 AM EDT
[#14]
I've seen at least one, looked like fake pepboys cf...terrible stuff.  Leave it be.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 6:06:14 AM EDT
[#15]
That is a horrible picture.

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 6:11:00 AM EDT
[#16]
I've got one. It really is just a "sticker" wrap over a normal black frame. Durable though. Haven't. Chipped any off yet
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 7:09:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Whats the deal?

I'll be honest. I don't even know what TALO is, but I tried to give the most complete description I could and it said it was, "a TALO special edition" I just thought it looked cool and a little different. Not going for Johnny Cool Guy.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 7:10:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I've seen at least one, looked like fake pepboys cf...terrible stuff.  Leave it be.

That scares me.....I HATE the crappy product lines they carry at pepboys.

If it's that bad in real life, I may just go with black.

Wait, wait, wait, if it's a crappy sticker that peels off, how do you all explain THIS:

Quoted:

I have that exact same gun. The finish does not flake off, its a pattern in the actual polymer thats there when they mold it. Great gun, never had any problems with it. When I purchased back in 2008 my gun shop also had a special edition PK380 and P22 matching set.
Linky

This set might still be for sale walther forum

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 7:33:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Mines a few years old. First run of the carbon fiber.  It's not a sticker but its a hard plastic film wrap I guess you'd call it.  At the magwell and the slide rails you can see the layer of cf over the frame. If so inclined I'm sure I could get my fingernail under it and.peel it off.

Like I said though it is durable. I've had mine for years shot thousands of rounds. Almost had KB. And even dropped it a couple times. Still looks new.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 7:50:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whats the deal?

I'll be honest. I don't even know what TALO is, but I tried to give the most complete description I could and it said it was, "a TALO special edition" I just thought it looked cool and a little different. Not going for Johnny Cool Guy.

I wasn't speakin specifically about you. TALO seems to be advertised as some sort of great awesome thing that is done to certain guns. I don't even know what the deal with it is.

eta: OK, Talo is a distributor that does certain runs. Kinda like Lew Horton.

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 7:57:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Ah well mine is not a talo but is that same carbon finish.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 7:35:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whats the deal?

I wasn't speakin specifically about you. TALO seems to be advertised as some sort of great awesome thing that is done to certain guns. I don't even know what the deal with it is.

eta: OK, Talo is a distributor that does certain runs. Kinda like Lew Horton.

Hmm, good to know.  Cool, I'm the last to jump on wagons. Hell, I'm one of those "losers" with a 20" AR....
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 7:46:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Keep an eye on AJC, I swear they've had them at the gun show numerous times over the last couple years: https://www.ajcgunshop.com/

(unless I'm just thinking of the digital camo, which I could be)

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 7:52:17 PM EDT
[#24]
I don't know where you can get a carbon edition, but if you head south of the border you can easily pick up a cabron edition. Joo know what I mean, mang?

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 8:01:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Those Talo PPKs are horrible. From 10 feet they look nice but that  laser engraving just looks like total shit up close.

Carbonfauxber is lame. Even though I have a P22,I never shoot it anymore. Once the novelty wears off,you'll just go back to shooting better guns. A Ruger 22/45 is much better in every way and cheaper to boot. The Walther stays in the safe with the other overpriced toy,the GSG. Once the cool wears off,they're just not very good guns.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 8:15:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
That is a horrible picture.

It needs a big fiery mushroom cloud belching out of the muzzle, and maybe a bald eagle dry-humping the backstrap.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 8:18:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Man i remember seeing those all over the fucking place a few years ago.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 8:21:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Walther will have to do something to keep sales up now that the Ruger SR22 pistol is on the market in good numbers!

Not much since the Ruger isn't threaded. For the life of me I don't know why Ruger didn't thread it. They thread the MKIII.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 8:30:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not much since the Ruger isn't threaded. For the life of me I don't know why Ruger didn't thread it. They thread the MKIII.

It isn't?  I didn't really look at the one my local LGS had but damn what an oversight.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 8:45:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Why are people still buying the P22 when so many better options are out there now?

this is the real question.... my p22 was a pos.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 8:50:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
damn what an oversight.

They have stepped on their johnsons lately. The product specs say that the barrel can be replaced. But it will need to be a cheap barrel to compete with the 30-60 dollar adapter for the Walther.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:05:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Just get a gun frame hydro-dipped. Any pattern you want, not a ridiculous price but won't be cheap either. Probably less than the cost increase for the said "special edition".

A company here in Canada called Cobra Imaging does it. Clear coated on top for high durability. There should be tons of places in the States that do it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top