Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2001 6:46:47 PM EDT
I guess the Chinese, that have access to the internet, are posting in their chat sites that the US servicemen should be excuted and they are claiming that this means war(our plane flying in their claimed airspace). This was what I've been hearing and reading at news sites since the incident. [>(]
[sniper]
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 7:06:12 PM EDT
[#1]
BRING IT ON!!! Tell them "I'll see them on the battlefield."
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 7:14:35 PM EDT
[#2]
We're going to have a war with them sooner or laer. Why wait? We can nuke 'em now, and they can't retaliate. Let's get our guys back, and...
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 7:16:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tell them I'll be right behind him.  And it will be death by M16A2.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 7:20:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Behind me??? ummmmm.... why dont YOU go first then.....? [;)]
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 7:25:20 PM EDT
[#5]
We should send a missile to the airstrip, tell them to keep the plane, some assembly required.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 8:24:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Knock yourselves out. I am staying right here and let you all play John Wayne.  It's bad enough that military intelligence (oxymoron) misidentifies and bombs the Chinese embassy.
 Then we have  the U.S pilot that kills innocent civilian observers in Puerto Rico, then we have a Tomcat go down and kill more civilians at the Pennsylvania air show, then we have more of our very best that don't know how to drive a submarine, then we have Einstein's brother in arms that causes more innocent observers killed in Kuwait, then we have two jet fighters lost somewhere in  Scotland, then it was followed by the loss of a reconniasaanse plane.  How many other pilots have shown their true colors in the past.  Lets see.... there was the Harrier along with several F16 type jet fighters that have gone down along the Barry Goldwater range or close by. Let's not forget the moron that severed the cable off the cable car in Italy and killed 20+ civilians.
 Yet somehow, after all this, there are some that will believe it is the Chinese that don't know how to fly their jet fighters and crashed into yet another one of our military planes.  It couldn't be the U.S. pilot's fault.  They are the best. Yeah Right! I am sure that I have left several other recent incidents out.
 So knock yourselves out. I am staying right here and let you go out and fight the politician's war. Send me a postcard.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 8:38:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Guys,

Why all the belligerance?  What reason do we have to fight with China?  Why is it an eventuality?  All wars are historically over resources, land, or religion.  Where is the conflict?

Have any of you even been to China?  

We have no reason to be at war with China.  And when this is over, they will have returned our pilots and plane.  So they drag their feet to get intel, are you surprised?  What do you think we would do if some other nation had superior technology to ours, and one of their spyplanes fell into our laps?  We would take our sweet time and try to learn as much as we could.  Bet on it.

Yeah, the damn pilots (Chinese AND ours) probably were showboating and collided.  For this we have war???

And unless you want to actually drop nukes, there isn't much you can do to them anyway.  They have little economy anyway.  Go ahead, shut off their oil supplies - most Chinese won't know it for months.  And I for one don't think they have done anything to deserve nukes.

So let's chill on the warlike talk.  If anything, China could be one of our best allies in time to come.  The only thing against them is their treatment of their own people.  And, that does improve (albeit VERY slowly).

To quote that great scholar of Los Angeles, "Can't we all just get along"?  Rodney King

James
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 8:44:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Their jus pissed cause their pee pee's are smaller than ours [:D]
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 8:46:48 PM EDT
[#9]
sometimes i like to think hte embassy bombing wasnt an accident.  [frag]
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 8:51:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

Because he has a machinegun and can lay down a base of fire! [heavy]

Kyle
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 8:54:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Knock yourselves out. I am staying right here and let you all play John Wayne.  It's bad enough that military intelligence (oxymoron) misidentifies and bombs the Chinese embassy.
 Then we have  the U.S pilot that kills innocent civilian observers in Puerto Rico, then we have a Tomcat go down and kill more civilians at the Pennsylvania air show, then we have more of our very best that don't know how to drive a submarine, then we have Einstein's brother in arms that causes more innocent observers killed in Kuwait, then we have two jet fighters lost somewhere in  Scotland, then it was followed by the loss of a reconniasaanse plane.  How many other pilots have shown their true colors in the past.  Lets see.... there was the Harrier along with several F16 type jet fighters that have gone down along the Barry Goldwater range or close by. Let's not forget the moron that severed the cable off the cable car in Italy and killed 20+ civilians.
 Yet somehow, after all this, there are some that will believe it is the Chinese that don't know how to fly their jet fighters and crashed into yet another one of our military planes.  It couldn't be the U.S. pilot's fault.  They are the best. Yeah Right! I am sure that I have left several other recent incidents out.
 So knock yourselves out. I am staying right here and let you go out and fight the politician's war. Send me a postcard.
View Quote

your more likely right about the all the above accidents except the chinese one, man have you ever seen those people drive.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 8:54:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

Because he has a machinegun and can lay down a base of fire! [heavy]

Kyle
View Quote

Ok I have a solution.  Lets take turns.  Who want to be first?  
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 8:06:09 AM EDT
[#13]
They might let us speak with our servicemen today. Well if that ain't just about fucking time.

[pissed]

BUSH SNIPER
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 8:09:48 AM EDT
[#14]
its called NATIONALISM
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 8:11:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
They might let us speak with our servicemen today. Well if that ain't just about fucking time.

[pissed]

BUSH SNIPER
View Quote

I guess the chinese water torture had no effect on them & china finally gave up.
p.s. vietnam vets this is only a joke. no offense.
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 8:13:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't think it was, nor do I think the latest event was an accident either.

When we zapped thier little embassy, it was immediatley after we had lost a Stealth bomber.
The Chineese were in the process of aquiring the (Read: OUR) technology, so we stuck a missle up thier asses.

This time around, one of our planes is in thier airspace (They claim a 300 Mi. Territorial limit), so they send some poor pilot up to shear a wing, and force them to land, thus, again aquring more of out technology.

Little bastards. I believe it will come to the 7th seal with China.
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 8:40:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Frankly I'm tired of seeing our armed services used as police all over the world!  Bring them back from Bosnia, Saudi and tell those people to fend for themselves...cause they damn sure don't care about the USA except when they can profit.  As for the Chinese..they want Taiwan...and we are bound by treaty to defend them...Now that's is going to be a hell of a mess.  We need our troops home...training for the Chinese..We need the missle production expanded.  The question isn't if China will go after Taiwan...it's WHEN..
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 9:05:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Oh, boy, ROC-APES in my sights!
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 9:14:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
We should send a missile to the airstrip, tell them to keep the plane, some assembly required.
View Quote

Sounds like a good idea.
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 9:24:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Nothin' like a bunch of fat guys in stained tank tops talkin' about waging war. I guess once you own a military style rifle that qualifies you? HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Now we'll hear ALL about the military experiences that makes for a great soldier 10-20 years after the fact.

If you're not on active duty, just relax, grab yourself a nice cold beer, a fist full of Slim Jim's and let the pro's handle it.

Link Posted: 4/3/2001 9:36:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Hey!  My tank top isn't stained. [:D]
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 10:46:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Me and my "AR", "WE" are ready.  Ammoman, be ready for some big order.
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 11:01:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Ok Levi,

how about this, gun owner kills kids at Columbine, another gun owner kills kids at another school, and again at another school, and yet another school and another. Gun owner kills at Jewish community center, gun owner kills postal workers, gun owner kills workers at his job. Kid with gun accidentally shoots another kid happens a few more times. And lets not forget about all those hunters who shoot another hunter or even a homeowner who happens to be wearing white gloves and is mistaken for the rear end of a deer. I guess that means that all sixty to eighty of us gun owners are totally incompetent and should not be permitted to own any guns. Another gun owner kills man by shooting him over 20 times of course the shooter happened to be a cop but why cloud everything up with facts Get my point, if you just start adding up accidents etc you can come up with a very wrong conclusion. Like lets see how about that pilot who crashed into a cable car cable, well it seems like the cable was not on the map that the pilot used and it is necessary to practice low altitude flying though mountainous terrain because of going into real combat. So please don’t insinuate that our pilots are a bunch of idiots because of some unrelated accidents. S*it happens sometimes and that is that. As to the China problem, it is the fault of the Chinese, the fighter pilot is the one who is supposed to stay out of the way of the larger aircraft.  If I was to decide what to do about our aircraft being in the hands of China I would send a Stealth fighter or Bomber and destroy our aircraft, or maybe a little cruise missile with little nuclear surprise and permanently destroy our property. Of course this might be a little extreme, and the crew would have to be expendable.  Sniper for Justice
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 11:10:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Levi,

It was the CIA who gave the map data to the military.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 11:16:32 AM EDT
[#25]
It is reported that our sevicemen are being detained by armed forces. I would say they are hostages now, right? It would be nice if they had a welcoming committee serving cold beer and burgers. Guess that is commie hospitality for you.

[frag]

BUSH SNIPER
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 11:19:47 AM EDT
[#26]
"misidentifies and bombs the Chinese embassy", no accident.  Just like Iraq...you really think we were there for Kuwait?  Hell no, Iraq was supplied with Chinese weapons.  That was all a message to China:  We are way badder than you and your weapons.  China may have a "bigger" military than us, 1 billion people, but they arent going anywhere.  Yeah, they can nuke us.  But it'll take 2 hours to get here.  5 minutes to radiate all of China, SSBN subs can reach mainland China with tridents in no time flat...

[kill]
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 11:36:43 AM EDT
[#27]
First, lets get our people back, let us leave no American behind. We can then intelligently digest and analyze the situation and proceed further as we se fit. There are many ways for us to retaliate for damage to our plane or otherwise compromised technologies.

Military confrontation between the U.S. and China is not required at this point. I do think the pending Taiwan arms sale will have much to do with how this scenario will play out.

Much of the information on the plane was being electronically coded and transfered as quickly as it was being gathered, there isn't much data on those drives for China to make use of. The engineers who put the plane's electronics together had a contingency for a situation where the plane could fall into the wrong hands and would have likely incorporated a FRY OUT mode to waste the boards and whatever. In the event of a force down the crew was likely instructed to fry then smash the equipment in a designated order while shredding the manuals before landing.

The big question now is how well the Chinese are at reverse engineering...

Link Posted: 4/3/2001 11:48:19 AM EDT
[#28]
The big question now is how well the Chinese are at reverse engineereing...

more then likely they wrote software for the equipment we use anyway.

look how they hacked in sony's playstation games & sega dreamcast too

hong kong is the world capital of reverse enginering. but what makes you think they didn't already have our equipment before this whole plane mess happened
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 12:54:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

more then likely they wrote software for the equipment we use anyway. ( what software are you reffering to that China wrote for our military? We should do our shopping in house if this is the case, no more business for them. )

look how they hacked in sony's playstation games & sega dreamcast too. ( Sony and Dreamcast? )

hong kong is the world capital of reverse enginering. but what makes you think they didn't already have our equipment before this whole plane mess happened ( I can't say 100% the Chinese didn't aquire any hardware on board the EP-3 prior to the aircraft landing on Hainan (sp) Island, But I thought Russia was the world capital of reverse engineering not Hong Kong. I thought Hong Kong was a software and CPU cloning meca )
View Quote

NYshooter,

I do see your point regarding software pirating, and it's good to keep a little humor during this situation.

Make no mistake the EP-3 had sensitive gear on board and we are very uncomfortable with the siuation.

Link Posted: 4/3/2001 12:56:53 PM EDT
[#30]
"It's bad enough that military intelligence (oxymoron) misidentifies and bombs the Chinese embassy."

Uhhh...  Air Forces Monthly had an article about this incident that stated it was no misidentification at all.  The Chinese were/are supposed to be attempting to develop methods to detect Stealth aircraft.  They were doing that from the embassy during the B-2 attacks.  Supposedly the attack was directed to stop that.

AFM came up with several aspects of this incident the "mainstream"(another oxymoron)media failed to cover.
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 2:25:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Let's face it, China is the next Soviet Union and the biggest threat to american freedom save for the neo-marxist...uh, democrats. Right now they have 10 modified SS-18's in semi-hardened silo's. They have 1 SSBN that is a disel-electric and so easy to detect it's funny. It take about 2 hours to prep a SS-18 to launch from what I have read and 2 minutes warning to impact with a Trident D-5. So okay, one Ohio class SSBN and one SeaWolf or LA class SSN and we can kick them out of the nuclear club and leave them without a means of retailation. (Thank god for that pond between us) Why dont we do this? A premptive strike like that would give us the ultamate leverage since they wouldnt have a nuclear deterent ( do as we say or be turned into a glass floored self lighting parking lot.

Just my take on it
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 2:42:08 PM EDT
[#32]
As I sit here listening to the six o'clock news and how they US servicemen will not be coming home anytime soon and how they(Chinese) are pissed because we flew in their air space yadda yadda. I have to laugh because they steal so much tech information from us and have bought their way into our political system that they pretty much had the upper hand going into this fiasco. I'm not saying that we need to do something drastic but we are starting to get down to a limited amount of options. We need those people back immediately. The we need to have a missle accident on that island!
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 2:57:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

more then likely they wrote software for the equipment we use anyway. ( what software are you reffering to that China wrote for our military? We should do our shopping in house if this is the case, no more business for them. )

look how they hacked in sony's playstation games & sega dreamcast too. ( Sony and Dreamcast? )

hong kong is the world capital of reverse enginering. but what makes you think they didn't already have our equipment before this whole plane mess happened ( I can't say 100% the Chinese didn't aquire any hardware on board the EP-3 prior to the aircraft landing on Hainan (sp) Island, But I thought Russia was the world capital of reverse engineering not Hong Kong. I thought Hong Kong was a software and CPU cloning meca )
View Quote

NYshooter,

I do see your point regarding software pirating, and it's good to keep a little humor during this situation.

Make no mistake the EP-3 had sensitive gear on board and we are very uncomfortable with the siuation.

View Quote

my statement of pirating video games was a reference point about the inner workings of china. as they have found a way to by-pass copy protection on games with a computer chip with a special bios, then they so to can mimic & recreate anything that's on our plane. both russia & china are kings at reverse engineering and more then likely both know & have the same equipment that's on this plane. thier just doing a check to make sure their getting proper information from thier spies over here. this cat & mouse game has gone on and will go on forever. the only ones we should be worried about are the planes crew & family.
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 3:11:00 PM EDT
[#34]
MAD scientist & PSYCHO sniper: what the hell good would it do to bomb them, besides get our rocks off!  
We as a nation are already hated by the world what do you think would happen if we flex our almight muscle again. aren't you getting tried of US playing cops for the world. there so much other shit going on in this country alone that we should be taking care of.

The spy policy(lol): is to return caught spies but material items are fair game. we did this very thing with a russian mig in the 80's.

No I don't think we should be pussies for the to shit on but there are bigger things to this that we don't or won't see/hear. yeah they got our plane buy just think of the real secret things spying on them right now. they we won't even hear about for like 20 years. remember it's cat & mouse and we still build the best mouse traps.
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 4:19:58 PM EDT
[#35]
BRING OUR PEOPLE HOME FIRST!!!

retaliation or war can come later, if your kids were being held hostage over there im sure you wouldnt be calling for Nuclear War against the china govt, this is very tense times and any aggressive move against china would be a DEATH SENTENCE

the navy has an attache negoiator in china NOW, and he has met with the crew members
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 4:37:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Sadly, where is Ronald Reagan when we need him.
Good Lord, I miss that guy!  I'm not certain
what Bush could do, but he is a light weight.
Gore as President is an AWFUL thought - get out
the bar of soap and shove it my mouth for typing
that, but Bush is no Reagan.  Powell is a Liberal.  Hopefully, we can resolve this without doing something stupid.  I do not believe that we have a military option here.
The way to hurt Communist China is to cut off
the business.  Do we need to make Nike shoes in China? No way.  Screw China!! Who cares about them. We don't have to get out the quad 50's and
mow them down at the Yalu, just do without them.
Well, I guess I am rambling, so I'll just quit.
John
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 5:37:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
BRING OUR PEOPLE HOME FIRST!!!

retaliation or war can come later,
View Quote

Yes-

Hence my timeline:

1- Bring the aircrew safely home
2- Bring the aircraft safely home
3- Send Ambassador Tomohawk over for further negotiations
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 5:48:21 PM EDT
[#38]
This is what should be done or at least what I would do. First give them a certain amount of time to respond properly to our “request” to return both the aircraft and it’s crew and if they do then we can both just say that it was all an unfortunate accident with no admittance of blame from either side. If they do not return the aircraft and it’s crew then we have to up the stakes a little, like let them know that we will not let them get away with this and maybe bring in a couple Carrier Battle Groups and then in a more forceful manner tell them to return everything and everyone to us or they will regret it. If I as President decided that the Chinese were attempting to steal our sensitive technology and there were no other way to keep our secrets from falling into Commie hands I would either send a Stealth fighter or Bomber and destroy our aircraft, or if I believed it was necessary maybe a little cruise missile with little nuclear surprise and permanently destroy our property. Some times certain things are just necessary and there is no other choice except to give in to the enemy. They can not be permitted to defeat us just because we are the good guys and we should do whatever is necessary to defend our way of life.  Sniper for Justice
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 5:58:54 PM EDT
[#39]
send the bombers in to wipe out their airfield and the plane. Time to sacrifice the lives of the servicemen/women to keep the commies from getting the secret equipment. Lives are expendable but the greatness of the naion isn't!!

Link Posted: 4/3/2001 6:39:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

It wasn't...it was a message "we know you're giving intel to Slobo"
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 4:32:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Latest information is claiming that some of our people being held have been beaten or miss treated. This is starting to get real tense. I'm getting a twitch in my trigger finger.

[rocket]

BUSH SNIPER
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 4:45:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Don't worry about, Chinese goverment just palying game with US. I don't think they want to start the war. ans I am sure, they knew they wouldn't win if the war started.
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 1:02:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Reagan?

Remember the KAL flight in 1983 with congressmen aboard?

The Soviets shot it down and said they were justified b/c it was a spy plane.

Some 250 people (including aforementioned congressmen) and a civilian 747 are blown out of the sky and what did mighty Reagan do?
That's right. Nothing.

Don't get me wrong, I think he was the best president in my lifetime, but let's not be a party to revisionist history.
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 1:54:50 PM EDT
[#44]
NYshooter,

Affirmative, the crew's return is the top priority. This could quickly turning into the Pueblo incident all over agin, we have to get our people back ASAP.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top