Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2012 7:52:23 PM EDT
No pics yet as they are pretty basic once stripped but plan to bring this Saiga 5.45 from this.

To this.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 8:16:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Meh.. beeen done before. Do something different.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 8:19:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Meh.. beeen done before. Do something different.

Well I can paint it Pink if ya like?

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 8:27:40 PM EDT
[#3]
How difficult is it to move the trigger assembly?
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 8:30:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Not hard. You drill out the two pins at the rear and remove the trigger plate on the bottom of the gun.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 8:31:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Have fun!  My first AK was a Saiga I converted myself.  It kind of spoiled me.  I thought all AKs were supposed to be that nice.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 8:33:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I did a 5.45 sporter a couple months ago.  ACE folding stock, Hogue pistol grip.  Left the front end.  

Converting the front end would cost a bit more and be a bit more difficult.  I figure as-is, it still launches pills just as good.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 8:36:52 PM EDT
[#7]
What does 'debanning' mean ?
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 8:37:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It depends on how old the Saiga is.  If it's a newer one the hardest part will be refinishing the reciever as there will be bare metal exposed on the bottom side. Other than that it's pretty much a bolt together process.  If you can dissassemble and reassemble an AK then you can convert a Saiga easily.  

The older ones will not have the hole already punched out for the forward trigger position. You will have to machine or dremel out the area where the trigger goes through the reciever.    

Google is your friend        "Saiga conversion how to"  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top