Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2012 7:41:39 PM EDT
I must say, I was the most impressed with Hyundai/Kia. Their cars seemed to be the most comfortable, and the Sonata I sat in even had more room in the backseat than the Audi A4. The Koreans sure are stepping their game up. The Chevrolet Sonic wasn't too bad, either.

I think the biggest disappointment was Toyota. They only brought base models for their cars (theft and vandalism is a concern in Shitcago, whodathunk?) If the cars I had sat in weren't base models, I'd be very disappointed. The seats felt cheap, the instrument panel was clustered, and the plastics were shoddy.

The best part of the trip were by the Kia Souls. One of the workers wanted to know if I had any questions, so I asked her why it was so ugly. She was a bit taken back by that.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 7:45:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 7:52:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I must say, I was the most impressed with Hyundai/Kia. Their cars seemed to be the most comfortable, and the Sonata I sat in even had more room in the backseat than the Audi A4. The Koreans sure are stepping their game up. The Chevrolet Sonic wasn't too bad, either.

I think the biggest disappointment was Toyota. They only brought base models for their cars (theft and vandalism is a concern in Shitcago, whodathunk?) If the cars I had sat in weren't base models, I'd be very disappointed. The seats felt cheap, the instrument panel was clustered, and the plastics were shoddy.

The best part of the trip were by the Kia Souls. One of the workers wanted to know if I had any questions, so I asked her why it was so ugly. She was a bit taken back by that.

Did this one have brakes?

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 7:53:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you check out the Subaru BRZ?

Sharp looking little car with lots of positive reviews from car mags.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 7:56:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I think Toyota is still a wreck from the whole tsunami / nuke meltdown deal.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 7:59:00 PM EDT
[#5]
It's a damned shame when KIA and Hyundai make better looking cars than the U.S.  Screw government motors...there was a reason you needed to go bankrupt.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 8:01:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Did you check out the Subaru BRZ?

Sharp looking little car with lots of positive reviews from car mags.

I didn't spend too much at the Subaru booth because my friend's feet were sore by the time we got there, so I can't comment on them too much. Scion had their version their, but they were all up on rotating pedestals and people couldn't get inside.

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think Toyota is still a wreck from the whole tsunami / nuke meltdown deal.

I heard the same thing from Nissan when I went to a local dealership.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 8:04:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's a damned shame when KIA and Hyundai make better looking cars than the U.S.  Screw government motors...there was a reason you needed to go bankrupt.

The Fords were nice, if it's any consolidation. The Chevrolet Sonics were workable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top