Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2012 12:03:01 PM EDT
Anybody seen the services where you send your iphone out, they coat it with something, and then it becomes special magic tier 1 waterproof? After the demise of my last iphone, this one is going to get coated and cased in an otterbox defender. Anyone tried this with theirs yet?
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:05:06 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Anybody seen the services where you send your iphone out, they coat it with something, and then it becomes special magic tier 1 waterproof? After the demise of my last iphone, this one is going to get coated and cased in an otterbox defender. Anyone tried this with theirs yet?

otterbox?

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:08:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Fuck yeah, when we rebuilt our company boat trailer, we coated the leaf springs, shackles, and axles with a similar product (with mo rubber and Al content). Five years later, shit's still bright assed aluminum and water tight.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:11:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Carry the son-of-a-bitch in a plastic ziplock bag on rainy days.

It is cheaper and it works.

I trust the bag with mine and haven't had any trouble at all. The same for my iPod Touch.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:13:35 PM EDT
[#4]

XGear Liquid Shield Waterproof Hard Case for iPhone 4

$25 online

One of the best waterproof cases for your iPhone 4 is the Liquid Shield from XGear. Most cases will protect your iPhone 4 from dust but the Liquid Shield also ... – Read full description on buy.com
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:19:06 PM EDT
[#5]
lifeproof case
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:20:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I meant something like this:

http://www.liquipel.com/
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:21:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
lifeproof case

Wife has one...Meh, I don't like the way it feels, and it keeps kickin on her silent button and we have to take it off to get it back off.  I'll keep from dropping mine in the toilet.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:22:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:26:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I trust the bag with mine and haven't had any trouble at all. The same for my iPod Touch.

People laugh when I do that at work.  They call it the ghetto otterbox.  2 cent ziploc hasnt let me down yet... including dropping it in a pool.  Snack size still fits in case and you can hear/surf through it.

I put mine in a ziploc when I go kayaking. It's been floating down the river a few times, no harm. Works great.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:29:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

People laugh when I do that at work.  They call it the ghetto otterbox.  2 cent ziploc hasnt let me down yet... including dropping it in a pool.  Snack size still fits in case and you can hear/surf through it.

Hell, that would work. Mostly the plan is to circumvent my 18 month old from taking it swimming in the toilet, tub, etc. Knowing her, she'd probably open the bag before dousing.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:37:45 PM EDT
[#11]
just sell the iphone to the next Jobs worshiper and get a commando.
its already water proof
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:12:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
lifeproof case

+1 Expensive but best investment I made for my phone
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top