Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2002 7:42:07 PM EDT
Mainly my big toes but the others have a tint to them also.  Any ideas?
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 7:45:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Take the nail polish off of them...
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 7:46:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Aviator   [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 7:49:53 PM EDT
[#3]
It's usually a toenail fungus. There's actually a perscription pill you can take to cure it. I don't bother; the toenail polish hides it anyway.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 7:55:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Forgot about the camera sitting here; ain't technology great?!

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/1GUNRUNNER%2Ffoot%2Ejpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 7:55:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It's usually a toenail fungus. There's actually a perscription pill you can take to cure it. I don't bother; the toenail polish hides it anyway.
View Quote

I asked the podiatrist at West Point about that pill a couple of months ago. He looked at my hooves, and said that they weren't bad enough to warrant the risk to my kidneys. Apparently, the cure may actually be worse than the disease.

Semper Fi
Dave
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 7:57:51 PM EDT
[#6]
[:X*] [:X*] [:X*]

Next time, post a warning! I was eating!!!
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 8:03:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

[SIZE=4][b]HEY COMPUTERGUY![/B][/SIZE=4]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/1GUNRUNNER%2Ffu%2Ejpg[/img]

Link Posted: 7/1/2002 8:04:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 8:06:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn, that's an ugly foot!
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 8:07:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

[SIZE=4][b]HEY COMPUTERGUY![/B][/SIZE=4]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/1GUNRUNNER%2Ffu%2Ejpg[/img]

View Quote

ROTFLMAO!!
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 8:15:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Do you wear brown shoes? Any chance that might just be leather dye?
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 8:21:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Damn, them is some ugly toes, your gonna die!
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 8:22:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Maybe?

[url]http://www.etenet.com/Apps/Library/Corporate.asp?ID=333[/url]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 8:28:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Toenail fungus infection, Nails get thicker and hard, they crack, can be painful,and the cure sucks. Its a pill called Lamisil( not the atheletes foot spray, this is prescribed pills) and you have to take it for a couple of months. Then it takes about 6 months for the bad nails to fall out and nice new ones grow back in.There doesnt seem to be any external treatment for this condition. It is quite harsh on the kidneys and it may even elevate your blood pressure. Hence it wont be prescribed without a blood test. It happened to me about two years ago and thats the approximate time frame it took for it to work for me. Talk to your DR about it, there may be something new out that works.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 8:40:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Do you wear brown shoes? Any chance that might just be leather dye?
View Quote

No
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 9:09:56 PM EDT
[#16]
looks like a dye stain from something..  Shoes , socks, hose???[:D]  
Could also be tannic acid...
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 9:11:29 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't know why they're orange, but they [i]look[/i]  like they stink.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 9:15:53 PM EDT
[#18]
You've got some ugly damn feet dude.  It's a fungus.  My grandfather had it.  Just wait until they get an inch thick and start cracking and shit.

Love the pissed off German kid!!
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 9:17:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 9:18:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Well, --- Yuh-ukk!!!

Just kiddin'.
After that ingrown toenail YANKING I had last week...I've had to soak my foot in water diluted Betadyne solution for 15-20 minutes twice a day for a week or so.
After your feet are in that Betadyne for long enough, the whole foot is orange!
Then, the 'silvadine' (sp.?) goes over the area.
Makes the big toe look like a Dixie Cup in orange and white.
Good luck, 1GUNRUNNER.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 9:19:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Wow! and to think i just wanted to see some cool ar pics! Bonus!
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 9:31:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Jesus, I wish I hadn't looked.[puke]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 9:32:56 PM EDT
[#23]
I have the dreaded toe fungus (right big toe only, and then it's only 2/3's affected) compliments of the US NAVY and the USS John C Stennis.

I had to send a set of toe and fingernail clippings so that the labs can grow a culture to see what kind of foot funk I have and to see if it is on any of the other toes or fingers.

The cure that I have been prescibed is some pill that affects LIVER function.  It is a four month treatment course, I take this stuff for the first week of each month for four months.

I have to get a liver function test done before and then after each treatment, and if the readings go off the baseline I am off of the treatment.

They also prescribe an oral version of
Monostat-7.

I have been using an over the counter aceatone based fungal killer, it has knocked the shit back.  

The doc's seem to think that since it is not in the cuticle I have a good chance of recovering from it.

Alas, there is no service disability for this type of foot rot, it is considered to be "cosmetic".

Link Posted: 7/1/2002 9:37:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
That sure is some ugly mold you have growing off the end of your legs.
1GR, you should take a jigsaw and cut the toenails off, to find out what is underneath them.
Oh and next time?  Clean out the spaces between your little toe and the toe next to it, BEFORE you take a picture and post it [BD]
View Quote

See my post for ComputerGuy.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 10:16:27 PM EDT
[#25]

You folks should leave this man and his poor sickly toes alone.......... I am just grateful he doesn't want info on any hemorroidal issue's he may have. I don't even want to think about what a pic of that might look like!

Link Posted: 7/2/2002 12:24:29 AM EDT
[#26]
I would say, deal with it. Like the other poster's said, the treatment can cause more damage than it's worth risking. Ya'll only have one liver.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 2:17:08 AM EDT
[#27]
GunRunner, you have WAY TOO much free time on your hands! [:D]  What does your wife or girlfried have to say about your feet?
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 2:43:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 4:10:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Oh well, I was just about to eat breakfast when I saw the picture of the foot. I guess now I'll just wait a while before eating as my appetite seems to have dissipated. [:X*]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 5:35:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Try soaking in sea/salt water,1/2hr day.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 5:53:00 AM EDT
[#31]
The answer to [u]all[/u] foot fungus problems:

Soak your feet in [b]cornmeal and water[/b] for about two hours every day for a week.

The cornmeal/water concoction should be like a thin soup.

BTW, throw the cornmeal/water concoction [b]out[/b] when you are finished!

I shouldn't have had to put that [u]last[/u] instruction in there, but after thinking about the members on [u]this[/u] Board, I changed my mind...

Eric The(Organic)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 5:53:15 AM EDT
[#32]
I hate to inform you, but you have a disease called Toelio. Next it works up the leg and becomes Kneesells. At end stage you develop smallcox.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 6:25:38 AM EDT
[#33]
ROFLMAO!!!

Criminy...you crazy Texicans are completely out of control!

Dammit...leave me alone to surf the site in peace and quiet!  I'm starting to draw attention to myself by laughing so damn hard.  People are starting to peek into my office and wonder what is so damn funny...so STOP!  I mean...we have our phony-baloney reps to preserve here! [;D]

(Why AM I here?)

[:D]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 6:49:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Well, if you don't want to go the Lamisil route for the toe fungus, try applying tea tree oil daily, on and under the nail.  It might take a while, but that will generally clear it up.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:02:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Only on AR15.com do you find people looking at one anothers feet...

ALRIGHT I HAVE TO ADMIT IT:
I HAVE MY MOTHERS THIGHS..

Link Posted: 7/2/2002 6:40:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Lwilde, I hope you didn't get in trouble.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 6:53:23 PM EDT
[#37]
MY SCHOOL COLORS.  
GO POKES!!!!
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:15:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Don't risk your liver with dangerous drugs.  Don't even use any valuable cornmeal that [u]should[/u] be used on fried okra.  There's only one practical solution -- [flame][b]napalm[/b][flame].  [size=1]Besides, I hear the smell of napalm in the morning is quite pleasing.[/size=1]  
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:19:07 PM EDT
[#39]
1gunrunner--

You have Onychomycosis.  Nail Fungus--it originates as Tinea Pedis (athletes foot), the skin fungus starts in the damp area between your toes, goes out through the tip of your toenail and works its way back through the nail until it reaches the matrix (the "root" of the nail under the skin).  

Topical stuff might work--
If you have insurance, they may (they consider it a cosmetic problem) pay for Penlac nail laquer.  It is a clear nail polish that you put on the nail once a day, and take it off once a week with Rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover.  The topical stuff might work if you start NOW--once it gets back into the matrix, it needs to be killed with internal medicines.

Lamisil or Sporanox are the oral medications of choice.  Generally, you get one months supply, and you get your blood drawn before you start the medication, and before each refill (they are checking for liver function markers).  There is a slight chance of liver damage (low incidence of it <1:1000), and if you are on other medications, you probably don't want to take it.  These are also fairly expensive, require 4 months (depending on your doctor and the drug, it can be pulse dosed, given 3 months on, 3 months off, and again for another month, etc.).  

If you don't have insurance, something called "Fungoid Tincture" does work fairly well in some cases.  It is supposed to be Over The Counter.  

In any case, if you wait much longer, you will have to go with the Oral meds.  If you start now, you will still have a good chance to catch it with the topical stuff.

Come see me in about 4 years when that hammertoe starts to bother you a little more--bring a couple of preban rifles (Machine Guns are nice too!!) and we can work out a swap--I'll fix the toe(s) for you. [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top