Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2002 7:28:30 PM EDT
I just finished up my site inspection with an ATF inspector (J. Gluck) at about 9 pm and he told me something disturbing... To expect a tax stamp for assault weapons! Has anyone else heard about this? I was expecting to have to pay for a class III stamp but a stamp for assault weapons? WTF???
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 7:35:45 PM EDT
[#1]
There is already a tax stamp for assault rifles, as an assault rifle by definition must be capable of select fire.  We mostly own sport utility rifles.

Link Posted: 7/1/2002 7:40:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I've said it before and I'll say it again. There will come a time where we are forced to register our SAW's. There will be a tax and amnesty registrations just like what followed the NFA 1934. I doubt the tax will be a paltry $200.00.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 7:44:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 7:44:31 PM EDT
[#4]
LARRYG, we discussed NFA weapons then assault weapons... the stamp is not in effect but he said to look for it to come. Semi-auto SAWs were the topic of our assault weapon discussion.

Jake
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 8:21:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 8:24:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Lets just say that will be the line that must not be crossed. Can every one repeat after me that will be when the SHTF.  Anyone who Registers their rifle and worse yet pays a tax on it is no real American and is nothing more then a big pile of stinking dog sh*t. I detest cowards and I feel that all cowards should be hung like the traitors they are.

VINCE AUT MORIRE (Conquer or Die)
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 8:24:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 8:26:51 PM EDT
[#8]
[sniper]   Vote from the rooftops.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 8:27:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
GSG-9 the secretary of treasury doesnt make up law, congress does, this guy doesnt know what he is talking about.
View Quote

Yeah but with one letter they sure as shit can make up "rules."
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 8:29:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Actually Colonel Klink, you are sadly quite wrong. There are a great many laws on the books in our fine little burgening police state that were created by beaureaucrats and no one else. All that has to happen is that a reg is written up, then allowed to sit on the president;s desk for 90 days. If he doesn't shoot it down, it becomes a reg with the force of law. Pretty sad eh?
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 9:20:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Actually Colonel Klink, you are sadly quite wrong. There are a great many laws on the books in our fine little burgening police state that were created by beaureaucrats and no one else. All that has to happen is that a reg is written up, then allowed to sit on the president;s desk for 90 days. If he doesn't shoot it down, it becomes a reg with the force of law. Pretty sad eh?
View Quote

Actually Klink is right.  Regulations are not laws, though they may carry the force of law.  To be valid, the agency must follow the APA in making the rule, and the rule must be within the scope of a legislatively delegated power. An agency cannot make law as that would be a violation of the separation of powers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top