Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2012 6:57:56 AM EDT
I went to drop my front sight post a little this past weekend, and couln't find my old tool to save my life. Then I started thinking that maybe I should go ahead and get something that will work on my front sight post, as well as scraping carbon from my bolt and such. I know there's something out there like that, but I don't know what it's called. Any leads? Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 7:00:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Multitasker.

ETA: Tube; Ultralight; and Series 2.  There's a newer version of the full out tool that I'm waiting for a sample of.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 7:09:24 AM EDT
[#2]
http://www.leatherman.com/product/MUT
saw this at the outdoors store near me nothing for the front sight post though but the tip of a round has always worked for me
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 7:12:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I just bought the leatherman mut. Its a great multi tool. However It lacks a front sight tool. One would think that would be a key implement on something that is made for the AR15...

ETA... The mut has a flat head/philips head screw driver attachment.. I have some time on my hands, Im gonna see if I cant make a front sight tool that replaces the screw tips..
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 7:15:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
http://www.leatherman.com/product/MUT
saw this at the outdoors store near me nothing for the front sight post though but the tip of a round has always worked for me

Normally I would just use the tip of a round, but this sight is a HK patten Midwest Industries fold-down sight . It's not as easy to get on top of this thing as the sight hood rolls inward instead of outward like the standard AR front sight. Plus, I'd like to get my hands on a decent tool that can serve more than one purpose with breaking the bank. Thanks for the lead though.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 7:16:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Ar15.com
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 7:17:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I use the 5.56 Nato tool for the front sight...but then again, I am flush front sight post kind of guy, so I only do it once.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 7:23:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 7:23:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I use the 5.56 Nato tool for the front sight...but then again, I am flush front sight post kind of guy, so I only do it once.

Here's the thing, though. I just mounted this sight on my SIG 522. This sight allows me to use my Troy and Magpul BUIS's. Since neither is adjustable for elevation, I had to crank my front sight post down a tad.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 7:30:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here's the thing, though. I just mounted this sight on my SIG 522. This sight allows me to use my Troy and Magpul BUIS's. Since neither is adjustable for elevation, I had to crank my front sight post down a tad.

Ahhh...I see.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top