Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2012 5:19:11 AM EDT
A South Florida mother was accidentally shot by her son after he tried to shoot at several pit bulls attacking her.

Plantation police said the incident occurred Tuesday night at a home near West Broward Boulevard and 46th Avenue.

The mother, 84, reportedly raises pit bulls. Possibly 10 of her dogs got into a brawl, the woman attempted to break it up but the dogs turned aggressive toward her.

The elderly woman’s son grabbed a gun and fired, police told WSVN-Fox 7, accidentally hitting his mother.

“Seven of the dogs were fighting and I can’t break them up, and they’ve attacked me before, and I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t want my mom to have a heart attack,” the victim’s son reportedly told police.

The victim’s son was not arrested or charged in the shooting.

The woman was taken to Broward General Medical Center, police told WSVN 7, where she is recuperating from the gun shot wound. One of the dogs was taken away by Animal Control.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/02/15/2642455/son-shoots-mom-by-accident-amid.html
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 5:21:21 AM EDT
[#1]
South Florida is quickly turning to shit I see. Glad I moved.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 5:39:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The mother, 84, reportedly raises pit bulls. Possibly 10 of her dogs got into a brawl, the woman attempted to break it up but the dogs turned aggressive toward her.

“Seven of the dogs were fighting and I can’t break them up, and they’ve attacked me before, and I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t want my mom to have a heart attack,” the victim’s son reportedly told police.

Holy white trash Batman! At 84 the mom just can't give up raising pits that have attacked her adult son before. I'll bet the neighbors are buying the son flowers for a good shoot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top