Link Posted: 7/1/2002 6:27:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Been there, done that...Wok'd the dog.
View Quote

bwahhahaha!!!
wok'd the dog.
i get it.
personally i think the daewoo is kinda ugly, but i heard relaiable as hell.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 7:43:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Gee, scaled down .223 version of a FAL upper mated to a AR-15 clone lower. Yeah I would think it would be reliable.

Only problem is they built the rear sight into the receiver. Sure it won't break there- but neither can update it out of the stone age. No place for optics.

Korea still uses 20 round mags? Why? Or are these just MP's or some other rear area types and not real infantry?
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 7:48:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Gee, scaled down .223 version of a FAL upper mated to a AR-15 clone lower. Yeah I would think it would be reliable.
View Quote

I was under the impression that the upper is closer to that of an AK than a FAL.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 8:04:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I was under the impression that the upper is closer to that of an AK than a FAL.
View Quote

Why? Cause of the hooded front sight?
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 8:21:22 PM EDT
[#8]
ArmdLbrl: "Only problem is they built the rear sight into the receiver. Sure it won't break there- but neither can update it out of the stone age. No place for optics."

Actually there are 2 threaded bushings in the top of the reciever. (You can see one in the photo just ahead of the bolt knob)
It is a very simple matter to attach a weaver or picatinny rail and it works well. A true flattop would be better, but the Daewoo does have evolutionary potential.
Overall, these are solid "soldier rifles".
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 8:27:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 8:29:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
ArmdLbrl: "Only problem is they built the rear sight into the receiver. Sure it won't break there- but neither can update it out of the stone age. No place for optics."

Actually there are 2 threaded bushings in the top of the reciever. (You can see one in the photo just ahead of the bolt knob)
It is a very simple matter to attach a weaver or picatinny rail and it works well. A true flattop would be better, but the Daewoo does have evolutionary potential.
Overall, these are solid "soldier rifles".
View Quote

A rail like on this D300? [img]http://world.guns.ru/assault/daewoo_dr300.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 8:19:40 PM EDT
[#11]
[b]A rail like on this D300? [/b]

I've never seen one mounted that high before. All the ones I've seen have been much lower and closer to the reciever.
They allow the see "the sights through the dot sight" set up as the gooseneck mounts of a fixed handle AR-15.
There is no reason that the rail can't extend over the hanguard as well.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 3:41:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Had one for several years, but had to sell it for financial reasons, and wish I had it back. Very fine weapon, essentially combining the best of the AR, AK, and FN designs.  The only lousy thing in the whole design is the fore end which is slippery as hell.  If they'd used ribs, as in the M16A2, it would be a whole lot easier to control.  Interestingly, The standard US GI .22LR conversion unit can be modified to work in the Daewoo, and does a very fine job.

Oh well, another good gun that got away.  Story of my life. [:D]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 4:20:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Ah dont feel too bad about selling...I was in a warehouse filled with them back in the early 80's...and they were going for $289 ...and I didnt buy one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top