Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2012 3:05:50 AM EDT
Anyone got any experience?

They're throwing a massive discount for us deployed guys, and for these prices I'm starting to think I might need a bow.

I'm looking at the Destroyer 340.

I know, gun board, bows, why am I asking here? Well because.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 3:09:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Bow tech is gtg
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 3:10:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know, but you should ask these guys
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 3:15:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm a Hoyt guy myself, but bow brands are alot like AR's at the end of the day you will have alot of fun shooting no matter what bow you buy.
That said there are alot worse brands that Bowtech.
ETA: I never knew we had an archery forum.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 3:30:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Bowtech is a solid maker.  You should be fine.

OTOH, I shoot Hoyt because I want to shoot the best.

Link Posted: 2/14/2012 3:34:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Really sucks that they are not shipping to Kuwait anymore, 15+ in my unit got one but apparently I waited to long..
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 3:40:21 AM EDT
[#6]
GTG, do it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 3:41:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Work with a guy that loves them, no personal experience.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 3:53:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Good bows.  I used to own a Destroyer 350.  Should have never sold it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 3:55:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Bow tech is gtg

this.

Hoyt guy checking in
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 3:56:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Never shot one, but have heard a lot of good things from guys that do. I shoot a Hoyt, since that is what fit me and god a damn good deal on it used

Link Posted: 2/14/2012 6:22:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Really sucks that they are not shipping to Kuwait anymore, 15+ in my unit got one but apparently I waited to long..

I think you did. Didn't they just stop shipping them within the last couple weeks?

That .mil discount is incredible!

I'm just afraid of what the locals might do with it when it has to clear their customs. They've been reliably smashing pretty much everything we've been getting in the mail...

Fuckers.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 6:26:21 AM EDT
[#12]
They're great bows.

I shot one side by side against a Mathews Z7x.

I got the Mathews but Bowtech makes a phenominal product.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 6:30:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bow tech is gtg

this.

Hoyt guy checking in

Link Posted: 2/14/2012 6:37:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Another Hoyt guy here. I do know other shooters/hunters that use Bow Tech and I have never heard them complain. I have shot one while I was looking for my newest bow and I was happy with the speed and smoothness.

Link Posted: 2/14/2012 6:39:54 AM EDT
[#15]
I believe they quit making the Destroyer 340 this year.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 6:46:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Big fan of Bowtech - I almost bought one before I bought my Elite.  The draw cycle can be a little 'stiff' on them compared to some other bows, but that's the price you pay for speed.  I've always found Bowtech stuff to be extremely comfortable to shoot.

Its all about how it feels to you - in all honesty any modern bow is much more accurate than you are, IMO.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 4:16:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I believe they quit making the Destroyer 340 this year.

Maybe so, but I ordered one, and they emailed me back that it was going to be enroute in four months.

I just wonder how the locals are going to smash it/screw it up.

Steamroller? Fatwa? AK?
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 4:20:35 AM EDT
[#18]
You will be happy with a Bowtech.  I champion them here just to spite the Mathews fans.  Irrational love of the Solocam irritates me.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 9:05:22 AM EDT
[#19]
I have the Assassin and that is one deer killing motherfucker. No doubt gtg. I have a gear queer buddy with a z7 tactical and he and it suck at comparable levels.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 9:07:44 AM EDT
[#20]
I have an Iceman which is technically made by Bowtech. And I love it. I would recommend it. Smooth and light, everything I need in a bow.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 9:15:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Very satisfied Bowtech owner here.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 9:16:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You will be happy with a Bowtech.  I champion them here just to spite the Mathews fans.  Irrational love of the Solocam irritates me.

They are the absolute worst aren't they?

Cutting-edge technology from the 80's.  Mathews mantra "We'll throw on some different camo, rename it, and mark up retail price by 20%...it's next year's flagship".

Smooth, good bows, but their fanbois are horrible.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 9:17:32 AM EDT
[#23]
I debated between the destroyer and Z7 Extreme last year and ended up with the extreme just due to personal preference.

Id get a bowtech any day too though
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 11:01:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cutting-edge technology from the 80's.  Mathews mantra "We'll throw on some different camo, rename it, and mark up retail price by 20%...it's next year's flagship".

Sir, if you are ever in WI, please contact me so I may buy you a drink of your choosing.  I thought I was the only one, since they make them 20 miles from my house, the Wisconsin "If it's not Mathews, if it's not a Browning A-Bolt, if it's not a Silverado, it's crap" is almost as aggravating as Obama's press secretaries.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 11:04:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Unless you know your draw length, you really need to go to an archery shop and get measured, then try out a couple of bows to make sure you get the right one.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 11:05:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sir, if you are ever in WI, please contact me so I may buy you a drink of your choosing. I thought I was the only one, since they make them 20 miles from my house, the Wisconsin "If it's not Mathews, if it's not a Browning A-Bolt, if it's not a Silverado, it's crap" is almost as aggravating as Obama's press secretaries.

They're just as bad here, but match results speak for themselves.

Of course, good-natured equipment ribbing is SOP at our archery club.

And if Im ever in WI, I'll take you up on that.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 11:06:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:41:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Anyone got any experience?

They're throwing a massive discount for us deployed guys, and for these prices I'm starting to think I might need a bow.

I'm looking at the Destroyer 340.

I know, gun board, bows, why am I asking here? Well because.

My 06 Tribute is a tack driver, 60lbs with speed modules sends a 370grn arrow at just over 280fps.

J-
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:43:32 PM EDT
[#29]
People across the country love them.  If you can get a good price on it, go for it.  It should be a sweet shooting bow.

Most bows these have come a long way.  The parallel and past parallel limbs make for some really nice shooting bows.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:49:38 PM EDT
[#30]
My FIL used to shoot for Hoyt but he also approves of bowtech
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top