Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2002 12:47:15 PM EDT
What are some of the funniest things that happened or that were said?

My pick for funniest statement was ETH's

"Listen, I'm a Lawyer, dammit....stop arguin'"
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 12:49:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 12:49:44 PM EDT
[#2]
One time, at Hun camp...
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 12:50:21 PM EDT
[#3]
How did the Wiggy762 response go? (to me accidently shining my LED flashlight in his face)
I think it was: "How would you like that flashlight up your ass?"

[:)]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 12:55:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 12:59:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 12:59:03 PM EDT
[#6]
"I would like DPeachers opinion on the subject of firearms as phallic symbols..."

"You know, I bet nobody else has ever watched BHD with live tracer fire in the background..."

The look on TxLewis' face when Frisco fired a .300 win mag overhead

ilikelegs' expression EVERY TIME he emptied a mag through Mojo's toys!

The first short round (at least my buddy, Jim Beam and I thought it was amusing at the time)

Hand Tossing artillery sheels into the Pease River.

Creating our own daisy chained artillery launches.

The look on BadBrad's face when I bumped his AK.

The sound of the 400 yard gong ANYTIME anyone hit it!

The list goes on

TRG
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 1:08:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 1:10:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Here hold my beer and my rifle while I get in the truck......
Hey watch this.....
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 1:16:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 1:23:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 1:32:02 PM EDT
[#11]
It was surely not the funniest thing that happened, but the most awe-inspiring thing that I saw at the Hun Farm was:

After we ate at Ken's Restaurant in Quanah, and we got back around 9:30 PM...and it was dark...

and at the front gate to the Hun Farm, which is approx. 1  3/4 miles from the cabin, we saw tracers being fired and arcing towards the Western skyline.

It was beautiful, just f-ing beautiful!*

The [u]funniest[/u] thing I saw was [b]TheRedGoat[/b], wearing a [b]'don't bullsh|t a bullsh|tter' t-shirt[/b], letting go with some of the wildest and most outrageous bullsh|t, all the while pointing out the irony of the logo on his t-shirt!

I guess you had to be there.[:D]

So why weren't you?

Eric The(*FromThePunchLineOfAHunJoke)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 1:34:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

TRG putting the artilary shells by his forhead and
shooting them off was crazy/cool
View Quote

I didn't do that, it was my buddy Jim.

TRG
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 1:41:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The [u]funniest[/u] thing I saw was [b]TheRedGoat[/b], wearing a [b]'don't bullsh|t a bullsh|tter' t-shirt[/b], letting go with some of the wildest and most outrageous bullsh|t, all the while pointing out the irony of the logo on his t-shirt!

I guess you had to be there.[:D]

So why weren't you?

Eric The(*FromThePunchLineOfAHunJoke)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Actually, the shirt read:  "I consider myself somewhat of a bullsh|tter, but occassionally I like to listen to an expert, please carry on."

I keep trying to explain, it was my friend Jim's fault.  I am innocent.  Honest!

TRG
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 1:46:45 PM EDT
[#14]

"Here, let me help you throw that". [>:/]

Edited to say: Did Jim say that to? The same Jim who likes to burn the fuse down to the last second before throwing it?
[:)][:)][:)]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 1:50:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 1:54:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 1:58:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Saturday night.  Rifle firing line.  Late dusk maybe 9:00pm.  Second propane bottle.

After the first bottle exploded to rousing cheers the second launched BACK OVER OUR HEADS, UP THE HILL AND OVER THE CABIN.

Complete silence on the line.

Out of the dark comes this voice, "Did you see that?"

If it wasn't so d@mn serious I would have fallen over.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 2:02:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Saturday night.  Rifle firing line.  Late dusk maybe 9:00pm.  Second propane bottle.

After the first bottle exploded to rousing cheers the second launched BACK OVER OUR HEADS, UP THE HILL AND OVER THE CABIN.

Complete silence on the line.

Out of the dark comes this voice, "Did you see that?"

If it wasn't so d@mn serious I would have fallen over.
View Quote

Arock, there were several of us discussing the pyrotechnics from what we felt was a safe distance.  We heard that tank 'whistle/warble' overhead.  

Scared us too!  

I am happy to say that Jim and I did not spill our drinks, but we did need to go see a man about a dog!

TRG
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 2:03:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

"Here, let me help you throw that". [>:/]

Edited to say: Did Jim say that to? The same Jim who likes to burn the fuse down to the last second before throwing it?
[:)][:)][:)]
View Quote

Jim can't tell time.  It is not his fault.

He barely knows his ABC's and has trouble even walking at times.  [:D]

TRG
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 3:51:25 PM EDT
[#20]
INCOMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OH SH!T!!!!!!!!!!

As one of those "short rounds" goes off about 25 feet in the air above my head.  After help put out the small grass fires I moved up the hill, out of the line of fire.  Yeah you had to have been there.  Now I know what the guys in Platoon felt like in that night ambush.

RedGoat, what was the line about "this is my safety" or somesuch?
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 4:02:13 PM EDT
[#21]
You guys make me green with envy!  Y'all having all that fun, and me stuck here in NC.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 4:15:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
INCOMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OH SH!T!!!!!!!!!!

As one of those "short rounds" goes off about 25 feet in the air above my head.  After help put out the small grass fires I moved up the hill, out of the line of fire.  Yeah you had to have been there.  Now I know what the guys in Platoon felt like in that night ambush.

RedGoat, what was the line about "this is my safety" or somesuch?
View Quote

Man, you ain't kidding, either.  Jim and I decided, from the look some of the guys' faces, that we needed to be going 90 degrees left, and quick!

Incoming!  
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 4:34:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 9:06:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
One time, at Hun camp...
View Quote

hmmmm....... Reminds me of one time at TheRedGoat's Camp.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 9:13:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I am happy to say that Jim and I did not spill our drinks, but we did need to go see a man about a dog!

TRG
View Quote

This one?

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/1GUNRUNNER%2FMajor%2EJPG[/img]

I think the saying goes "You had to go see a boy about a pony" [:D]

Link Posted: 7/2/2002 6:49:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:19:40 AM EDT
[#27]
I only saw cows out there...
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:55:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 12:30:33 PM EDT
[#29]
TXLewis - Sorry about the concussion.  

This was a blast.  I think the line of the weeked was, "Here hold my beer, and watch this...!"

Thanks again ETH,
frisco
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 12:36:54 PM EDT
[#30]
How about that mini-y on that Bushy?

Talk about a tooth-buster.  I had a filling break loose Sunday, went to the dentist Monday and had to have a crown.  Ouch!

frisco (I'm going to cut that comp off)
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 1:36:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
TXLewis - Sorry about the concussion.  
frisco
View Quote

Atleast TXLewis could'nt hear us all laughing! Or, Could he? [:o]

[:)]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 2:36:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Methinks that TRG has it correct. The initial SHORT ROUND was the funniest sh!t that happened. The hollers and yellin' and cussin' from down by the firing line was pretty hilarious.

Now, in retrospect, the two or three successive SHORT ROUNDS were probably a bit much. None of the unnamed firers wanted anything bad to happen to anyone's personal equipment.

The general concensus is that the successive SHORT ROUNDS were faulty ChiCom fireworks that slipped through the cracks of the notoriously shoddy quality assurance inspections.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 9:47:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
[B]
Quoted:
I only saw cows out there...
View Quote
[/B]

Energizer, it's TRG's horse at TRG's home.  1GUNRUNNER took this pic. when he took a TX tour some moons ago.
View Quote

They say everthing in Texas is bigger and TRG's had the biggest F'n dog I'd ever seen. [shock]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top